Servicing jeep in perth - Page 8 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #85  
Old 03-22-2015, 09:28 PM
Sege's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Perth Western Australia
Posts: 202
Thanks: 30
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2236
Sege is on a distinguished road
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Now I am out of warranty and out of the hands of the Stealership' anyone know of a reputable independent South of the River who knows modern Jeeps?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #86  
Old 03-23-2015, 12:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 465
Thanks: 27
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 3019
imaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sege View Post
Now I am out of warranty and out of the hands of the Stealership' anyone know of a reputable independent South of the River who knows modern Jeeps?

If your keen on the nor, I would go to jeep Kraft in wangara. I'll be going there in 3 years from now. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 03-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 100
Thanks: 69
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1014
Kizz302 is on a distinguished road
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaz View Post
If your keen on the nor, I would go to jeep Kraft in wangara. I'll be going there in 3 years from now. Lol
Why wait 3 years imaz? I'm not far from them and will certainly have a chat with them when my 10k service is due. In fact, I may even use the guy who services my other cars, at least I know I'm getting a qualified mechanic doing the job and potentially not an apprentice
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 03-23-2015, 11:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 465
Thanks: 27
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 3019
imaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

I purchased the extra 2 year cdj maxcare extended warranty, which for me only kicks in dec 2015. Quite sure maxcare only valid if serviced by authorised dealer otherwise void.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 03-23-2015, 10:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 100
Thanks: 69
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1014
Kizz302 is on a distinguished road
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaz View Post
I purchased the extra 2 year cdj maxcare extended warranty, which for me only kicks in dec 2015. Quite sure maxcare only valid if serviced by authorised dealer otherwise void.
Fair enough mate, I got one of those 2 year insurance type warranties with mine but got the dealer to stamp it so I could service it anywhere.
Few months to go yet for my 10K yet, but i'll post what I end up doing in this thread
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-13-2015, 10:25 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 177
Thanks: 18
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 1655
noons is on a distinguished road
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Due for 40k service, was quoted $1350 at Osborne Park so decided on Jeep Kraft for $895.
__________________
Written Off - 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD, Brilliant Black
Current - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD, Billet
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 04-16-2015, 12:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 465
Thanks: 27
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 3019
imaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by noons View Post
Due for 40k service, was quoted $1350 at Osborne Park so decided on Jeep Kraft for $895.

Good stuff. Hard to refuse at that price.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 04-17-2015, 12:51 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 177
Thanks: 18
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 1655
noons is on a distinguished road
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Had a good experience at JeepKraft.
Will be going back there next time for sure.

They made a couple of interesting points when I picked up the car.

- Diff oil was really black due to offroading. But that was 30,000km ago and not too extensive.
- Apparently transmission oil and filter never needs to be replaced. The filter is built into the pan so the entire pan would need replacing.
__________________
Written Off - 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD, Brilliant Black
Current - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD, Billet
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 05-11-2015, 03:16 AM
67HR's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Albany Western Australia
Posts: 288
Thanks: 118
Thanked 35 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 1017
67HR is on a distinguished road
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Just had my 10K service done (10890klm)

Diesel Filter = $16.42
Oil Filter = $81.27!
Oil = Total Quartz Ineo 5W30 MC3 8lt $102.8
Labour $174
Shop sundries,freight, environmental levy, yada, yada, yada, $25

Total $ 439.44

Parts guy is happy for me to provide filters if I can source them cheaper.
__________________
Other Rides:
1967 Holden HR Ute (second owner)
2012 Gen5 Subaru Liberty Sports Premium
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather. Not screaming & yelling like the kids on his bus.”
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 06-30-2015, 03:51 AM
jay.mak's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 66
Thanks: 3
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 1797
jay.mak has disabled reputation
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

FYI took my GC Limited CRD to Ozzie Park for a 10,000km service. Negotiated down to $430 with a loan car included. Can't fault them, haven't had a chance to really look through but seems OK.
__________________
MY15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
Granite Crystal
Quadra-Lift
Luxury Group II

Ordered 26/09/2014
Delivered 29/01/2015
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Mark_38's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 257
Thanks: 64
Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 1285
Mark_38 is on a distinguished road
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by noons View Post
Due for 40k service, was quoted $1350 at Osborne Park so decided on Jeep Kraft for $895.
A word of warning to anyone wanting to use Jeepkraft, I took mine out there a couple of times and they did my 10k service and I had nothing but praise for them
But after taking it back out for them to instal my new sPOD switch on account I just couldn't figure out where to mount it. Long story short, once again everything looked great however I soon lost a number of items like the CB Radio and discovered a number of blown fuses
Jeepkraft had no care what so ever and I was expected to drive all the way back out there then they were happy to look at it and fix anything they had done or would charge me if unrelated.
Very interested to see what they had done wrong I started pulling panels off and tracing wires. I was disgusted at the dodgy wiring that they had the nerve to charge top dollar for!
A "custom bracket" that they charged me for comprised of some stick on Velcro tape that they used to to stick the unit next to the battery?
Needles to say I ended up ripping out all the dodgy crap they installed and rewiring everything properly. while in that process I found another "custom bracket" they had charged me for when they installed my CB radio (GME TX3540) was just shoving the the unit into a space between things in the dash!

I will be taking mine back to Jeep, hopefully next week for its next service, so I will be keen to see if the updates Jeepkraft allegedly did and charged me for have actually been done or not - considering that I am still getting letter from Jeep saying that they have not been done??

They seemed like really nice guys, but after actually seeing the quality of their work there is no way in hell that I would ever trust them again
Appears they can talk the talk, but that's where it stops
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark_38 For This Useful Post:
  #96  
Old 11-08-2015, 08:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 465
Thanks: 27
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 3019
imaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond repute
Servicing jeep in perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_38 View Post
A word of warning to anyone wanting to use Jeepkraft, I took mine out there a couple of times and they did my 10k service and I had nothing but praise for them

But after taking it back out for them to instal my new sPOD switch on account I just couldn't figure out where to mount it. Long story short, once again everything looked great however I soon lost a number of items like the CB Radio and discovered a number of blown fuses

Jeepkraft had no care what so ever and I was expected to drive all the way back out there then they were happy to look at it and fix anything they had done or would charge me if unrelated.

Very interested to see what they had done wrong I started pulling panels off and tracing wires. I was disgusted at the dodgy wiring that they had the nerve to charge top dollar for!

A "custom bracket" that they charged me for comprised of some stick on Velcro tape that they used to to stick the unit next to the battery?

Needles to say I ended up ripping out all the dodgy crap they installed and rewiring everything properly. while in that process I found another "custom bracket" they had charged me for when they installed my CB radio (GME TX3540) was just shoving the the unit into a space between things in the dash!



I will be taking mine back to Jeep, hopefully next week for its next service, so I will be keen to see if the updates Jeepkraft allegedly did and charged me for have actually been done or not - considering that I am still getting letter from Jeep saying that they have not been done??



They seemed like really nice guys, but after actually seeing the quality of their work there is no way in hell that I would ever trust them again

Appears they can talk the talk, but that's where it stops

Thanks for that regarding jeep kraft, certainly an eye opener and all it takes to defame them.

A colleague also had an issue with them a couple years back, troubleshooting an issue with intermittent engine starting failure. Yada yada yada, charged $700 to change the battery and the problem still exists.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep Australia Servicing Deals AussieWK2 Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ 126 07-10-2012 01:09 AM
Hello from Perth Australia Thommo New Members - Welcome! 6 03-01-2012 08:27 PM
New Member for Perth Oz xerocash New Members - Welcome! 12 11-20-2011 11:02 AM
Hello from Perth, Australia wozza New Members - Welcome! 9 08-13-2011 03:22 PM
Hey from down under (Perth) luv_psi New Members - Welcome! 9 05-31-2011 09:35 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.