Thought I'd post up a couple of quick pics of my recent install. I had a 100 Ah Battery (in a battery box I built myself from an old plastic electrical enclosure I had in the garage) in the rear cargo area of our GC running our little Waeco CFX 28, and decided it was time to ditch it out of the back. Unfortunately our a GC has QL so couldn't put it under the passenger seat.
I had a boiler maker fab up a stainless bracket to hold up the existing battery box on the under side of the rear of the car where all that useful space is, and utilised the existing 8mm captive nuts in the chassis to bolt up to. The battery is an AGM so it's lying on its side and tucks up nicely just above the level of the two rear mufflers.
I also ended up ditching the VSR isolator I had installed and went for a Projecta IDC25 DC-DC charger, and installed it where the flashlight is located (removed flashlight completely).
I ran all of the wiring from the main battery down under the rear trim at the front of the cargo bay (where the rear door hoop is for the rear door latch - no idea of the actual name!) where I fitted all of the fuses and Circuit breakers (for aux battery and rear Anderson plug). It's a perfect spot with a tonne of room and a hell of a lot easier to get to than the battery compartment.
I also installed a bmpro Bluetooth battery monitor in the battery box so I can see exactly how the battery is performing at anytime.
So far so good and it's working well. I've still got a couple of tidy ups to do but overall very happy with the install.
Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage