Vroooom...Answers to your questions
1. Go here and enter in your 17 digit Vin#: https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/
2. You need to put it on an USB stick. This is from Willx:
- You may STILL use a 1GB stick for this update as according to the TSB likely published Oct 8 2013.
- The above cautionary note refers to 24 hours after the installation if you find there are still missing functions. This is not a verified fix with this version but past experience. UConnect Access subscribers may still experience some reboots after the install and up to 24 hours post. Again not verified but certainly with past versions.
- You must EXTRACT the file that you download. If you are running a MAC you can get free ZIP extractors on the internet. The easiest method is to extract straight to the USB. The files are compressed to save user download time.
- If your radio has at any point been replaced by your dealer you MAY wish to attempt this update during your dealer's service hours. If the Radio was not properly paired to the vehicle, during the update it may ask for an unlock code which only your dealer can provide. This will not be an issue if the radio was properly registered to the car and or was a "new or referbished" order. The only time this happens is if the radio was swapped with another "stock" vehicle as the Radios retain the VIN information.
- If the update fails at any point or is stuck for longer than 20 minutes on a single module, you can restart the installation (radio will be inoperative until the installation is restarted). All cases reported here where the initial installation failed, simply restarting the installation corrected the issues.
- If your installation will not start, first verify that you are attempting to load the correct file (file name MUST match your radio). If you have verified you are using the correct file and have extracted it as instructed (only the .iso file on the drive), try a different USB and make sure you are using the recommended size of USB drive or larger (4GB to a maximum of 32 GB is recommended)
- The instruction notes warn you of installing with the "service phone" error. IMHO this is only a problem when you are seeing this message on every start of the vehicle and at that point you need to visit the service department anyway, so you may wish to try the update prior to a scheduled visit.
- Your USB stick should be formatted FAT32
- Be patient during the Aircard update. This update may take up to 30% longer than the prior update in some cases.
3: This is only for the Operating System. To update the Nav you need to purchase the software for that ($150).