Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #3133  
Old 02-25-2014, 04:03 AM
SNUKE's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Aus
Posts: 2,846
Thanks: 68
Thanked 266 Times in 216 Posts
Rep Power: 5527
SNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: WK2 DownUnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY2014SRT View Post
Nice 102. I recall the video and the username stuck in my mind. I think I was responsible for 100 of your YouTube views

I also had a stickybeak at the beast. Happened to be staying at the same hotel one night in Goulburn.
HIDE YOUR WIFE, HIDE YOUR KIDS, STALKER ALERT.
__________________

__________________
I'm just want it for the "shorter headlamps".

MY14 GC Limited, 3.0 CRD, Lux II, Granite Crystal, 18" Wheels, Tubular Side Steps.
Could I get my avatar much larger?
Ordered: July 7 2013 Delivered Nov 25th
Reply With Quote
  #3134  
Old 02-25-2014, 04:28 AM
MY2014SRT's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 305
MY2014SRT is on a distinguished road
Re: WK2 DownUnder

I've moved on. I stalk SRT's now
__________________

__________________
2014 GC SRT - White
Reply With Quote
  #3135  
Old 02-25-2014, 04:51 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern Tasmania
Posts: 255
Thanks: 23
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 498
Rocksfly has a reputation beyond reputeRocksfly has a reputation beyond repute
Hi TV Sat Nav from Suttons

Anyone out there had the Laredo aftermarket Sat Nav installed and if so how is it performing?

Is it presenting issues with the head unit?

Do the dealers point to the sat nav install as the culprit when presenting to the dealer with any of the problems experienced by others. ie: HVAC, Camera, Instrument Panel, Quadralift, etc.

Is the I Go Primo running well on the jeep system? The short video on youtube is not detailed enough.

Apparently when they install the sat nav, they can install a reverse camera at the same time. Whilst the Dealer has promoted the install of the sat nav from Hi TV and they have written on the contract " aftermarket sat nav will be supplied with a 3 year warranty" the salesman is recommending I wait and have the jeep camera installed. He has guarenteed that a camera will be set aside for my Laredo and that I will get the Trail Rated Badge as advertised. He said he hasn't seen an aftermarket camera as good as the jeep one.???

The owner of HiTV said the sat nav installer can do a camera at the same time, so I would be inclined to go in that direction given the problems with Jeeps cameras and thats if you can hold of one. Some folk are waiting 12 months...Crazy.

Talking about crazy....when they do the sat nav they go into the head unit and I believe solder in a ribbon and do some other stuff.

Dealers at Northern Beaches, Waitara all the Suttons Dealers promoting the install pre-delivery and then a big dealer in Melbourne was giving away free aftermarket sat nav (Hi TV ). Dealer told me when I rang same thing Suttons told me Jeep Australia are warranting the install. They are covering it. Dealer in Melbourne said they were not taking orders on Laredo's presently as they had 136 sat nav units on order and lots of angry Laredo owners still waiting for the 'upgrade.'

I'm thinking about cancelling the sat nav for the Laredo in case it gives me grief with Jeep Dealers, given this seems to be a 'beta' vehicle requiring frequent visits to the 'Dr'.

Somebody please tell me they have a working Laredo with the Hi TV Sat Nav and all other systems are working faultlessly and you could not be happier. Please!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3136  
Old 02-25-2014, 05:56 AM
SNUKE's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Aus
Posts: 2,846
Thanks: 68
Thanked 266 Times in 216 Posts
Rep Power: 5527
SNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: WK2 DownUnder

There is a thread in this export section all about putting in one of these options in the Laredo.
__________________
I'm just want it for the "shorter headlamps".

MY14 GC Limited, 3.0 CRD, Lux II, Granite Crystal, 18" Wheels, Tubular Side Steps.
Could I get my avatar much larger?
Ordered: July 7 2013 Delivered Nov 25th
Reply With Quote
  #3137  
Old 02-25-2014, 05:58 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brisbane QLD Australia
Posts: 732
Thanks: 13
Thanked 28 Times in 23 Posts
Rep Power: 2066
iboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksfly View Post
Anyone out there had the Laredo aftermarket Sat Nav installed and if so how is it performing?

Is it presenting issues with the head unit?

Do the dealers point to the sat nav install as the culprit when presenting to the dealer with any of the problems experienced by others. ie: HVAC, Camera, Instrument Panel, Quadralift, etc.

Is the I Go Primo running well on the jeep system? The short video on youtube is not detailed enough.

Apparently when they install the sat nav, they can install a reverse camera at the same time. Whilst the Dealer has promoted the install of the sat nav from Hi TV and they have written on the contract " aftermarket sat nav will be supplied with a 3 year warranty" the salesman is recommending I wait and have the jeep camera installed. He has guarenteed that a camera will be set aside for my Laredo and that I will get the Trail Rated Badge as advertised. He said he hasn't seen an aftermarket camera as good as the jeep one.???

The owner of HiTV said the sat nav installer can do a camera at the same time, so I would be inclined to go in that direction given the problems with Jeeps cameras and thats if you can hold of one. Some folk are waiting 12 months...Crazy.

Talking about crazy....when they do the sat nav they go into the head unit and I believe solder in a ribbon and do some other stuff.

Dealers at Northern Beaches, Waitara all the Suttons Dealers promoting the install pre-delivery and then a big dealer in Melbourne was giving away free aftermarket sat nav (Hi TV ). Dealer told me when I rang same thing Suttons told me Jeep Australia are warranting the install. They are covering it. Dealer in Melbourne said they were not taking orders on Laredo's presently as they had 136 sat nav units on order and lots of angry Laredo owners still waiting for the 'upgrade.'

I'm thinking about cancelling the sat nav for the Laredo in case it gives me grief with Jeep Dealers, given this seems to be a 'beta' vehicle requiring frequent visits to the 'Dr'.

Somebody please tell me they have a working Laredo with the Hi TV Sat Nav and all other systems are working faultlessly and you could not be happier. Please!
I have a I go nav unit in my Hilux. It sucks! Its slow, and screen is difficult to see in daylight. It doesn't get bright enough. I have an after market kenwood head unit as the display, and when I install my brothers genuine kenwood nav unit, the difference is unbelievable.
__________________
2014 Maximum Steel Overland, but the misses won't let me drive it!
Reply With Quote
  #3138  
Old 02-25-2014, 06:03 AM
DCRSRT's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hills District, Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,027
Thanks: 333
Thanked 68 Times in 55 Posts
Rep Power: 2000
DCRSRT is on a distinguished road
Re: WK2 DownUnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksfly View Post
Join the forum level 3 or 4 and send Milous your VON or E number and then you'll get more info in a short period of time than jeep dealers have given you in months.

Good Luck
I hate to say it but I knew you would have dramas with that mob.

Is it George or Alex giving you the BS emails?
__________________
PM me if you want to buy a NEW SRT in Sydney.

MY14 Deep Cherry Red JGC SRT.
Mods: Borla ATAK axle back exhaust. Hawk HP Ceramic Brake Pads. CLS headlight ribbon mod.
Reply With Quote
  #3139  
Old 02-25-2014, 06:19 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern Tasmania
Posts: 255
Thanks: 23
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 498
Rocksfly has a reputation beyond reputeRocksfly has a reputation beyond repute
Sat Nav Hi Tv

Thanks Snuke I'll track it down.

DCRSRT how do I send you a pm?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3140  
Old 02-25-2014, 07:13 AM
DCRSRT's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hills District, Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,027
Thanks: 333
Thanked 68 Times in 55 Posts
Rep Power: 2000
DCRSRT is on a distinguished road
Re: WK2 DownUnder

Click on my username and you'll see the option in the drop down menu.
__________________
PM me if you want to buy a NEW SRT in Sydney.

MY14 Deep Cherry Red JGC SRT.
Mods: Borla ATAK axle back exhaust. Hawk HP Ceramic Brake Pads. CLS headlight ribbon mod.
Reply With Quote
  #3141  
Old 02-25-2014, 07:29 AM
MY2014SRT's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 305
MY2014SRT is on a distinguished road
Re: WK2 DownUnder

The good news is that my Jeep is built

The dealer told me I should be driving it on the 16th April if all goes to plan.

Tracking stats estimate 14th April to port. Does that mean to the dealer or onto the docks? Just trying to get an idea on any extended wait that I may be up for....

Estimated delivery: 04/14/2014 (to port)
__________________
2014 GC SRT - White
Reply With Quote
  #3142  
Old 02-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brisbane QLD Australia
Posts: 732
Thanks: 13
Thanked 28 Times in 23 Posts
Rep Power: 2066
iboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY2014SRT View Post
The good news is that my Jeep is built

The dealer told me I should be driving it on the 16th April if all goes to plan.

Tracking stats estimate 14th April to port. Does that mean to the dealer or onto the docks? Just trying to get an idea on any extended wait that I may be up for....

Estimated delivery: 04/14/2014 (to port)
You will be lucky to see it in April. Takes about 14 days from port to dealer.
__________________
2014 Maximum Steel Overland, but the misses won't let me drive it!
Reply With Quote
  #3143  
Old 02-25-2014, 07:48 AM
Boxheadmr's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 272
Thanks: 10
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 533
Boxheadmr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY2014SRT View Post
Nice 102. I recall the video and the username stuck in my mind. I think I was responsible for 100 of your YouTube views

I also had a stickybeak at the beast. Happened to be staying at the same hotel one night in Goulburn.
Cheers - thanks i have a bit up on my blog if u are interested.

Congrats on your order. Now get comfortable for.the wait!!! Which dealer did u go with?


typing with fat fingers on a little keypad on my phone
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3144  
Old 02-25-2014, 08:35 AM
MY2014SRT's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 305
MY2014SRT is on a distinguished road
Re: WK2 DownUnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxheadmr View Post
Cheers - thanks i have a bit up on my blog if u are interested.

Congrats on your order. Now get comfortable for.the wait!!! Which dealer did u go with?


typing with fat fingers on a little keypad on my phone
Yeah for sure. Post or PM me a link. I'd love to take a look. I want to turn my WRX into a track car in the next few years now that I'll have a Jeep to tow it with

I went with Peter Warren Jeep. I just didn't get a good vibe at the 2-3 local dealers that I went to so ended up in the middle of nowhere. Drive home will be longer and more fun.
__________________

__________________
2014 GC SRT - White
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did anyone name their WK2? HEADSHOCK Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 98 10-16-2012 09:25 PM
Not A SRT8 WK2 But A WK2 Speed Demon Review! NYCSRTATE Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 17 12-04-2010 12:37 AM
No WK2 for me after all JBaumgart Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 17 06-08-2010 11:25 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community