Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #3361  
Old 05-20-2014, 01:59 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
macca33 is on a distinguished road
Re: WK2 DownUnder

paid out 73,000 cash 7 months ago Newcastle dealer its on the way.macca
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3362  
Old 05-20-2014, 02:34 AM
Benn0's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,125
Thanks: 25
Thanked 79 Times in 69 Posts
Rep Power: 16284
Benn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: WK2 DownUnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCnewbie View Post
Thanks Ben.

Do you know what is the Jeep Australia/Dealer standard practice with loaner cars when the vehicle is deemed not road worthy and there is an extended wait on the parts?

Anyone else on this forum who might have come across this scenario before, please jump in. I want to know if there is a precedence set before I start engaging with dealer on this matter.

Thank You
J
I think it is up to the dealer to arrange a loan car, if they feel bad enough about the situation. Here's a thread where a couple of owners have been unable to drive their new GCs for a few months due to diesel idle problems:

WK2 Diesel Rough Idling - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM - AJOR

They got loaners, but not sure what kind of car they got....
__________________

__________________
MY14 Grand Cherokee LTD CRD - Deep Cherry Red
Status: Delivered 6th May 2014 - Mod time
Reply With Quote
  #3363  
Old 05-20-2014, 02:49 AM
Red PeeKay's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Anywhere where work ain't
Posts: 234
Thanks: 2
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 842
Red PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WK2 DownUnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksfly View Post
Race4life

I have just spoken with my Dealer he was not aware of the CV boot axle issue. I bought him up to speed and advised of forum links and the extent of the problem....... The extent of the looming problem here in OZ considering a lack of parts and poor supply management.

I advised I could not drive a defective vehicle off his site knowing that the thing will fail and I would then be without a vehicle possibly for months..... Further if the procurement of parts is so tight as to only replace the existing failure then a second period off the road would be inevitable when the second boot failed.

He is reviewing the Specific threads I gave him to puruse and is contacting JA in an effort to try and gauge the extent of the problem.

I further advised him of the situation state side and how vehicles have been held up on delivery whilst being access for being afflicted with this issue. Mentioned to him how one poster claimed dealer stated only 5 axles in inventory in entire USA.

He realises there is a PerfectStorm headed this way if indeed all axles from the said production run are faulty.

Until I hear back from him I am undecided as to how I will proceed.

Cheers
I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he was unaware of the issue (down here in Vic). He was of the opinion that if it became an issue then Jeep should issue a recall. I've yet not bought the car, my issue is that he has one arriving in the next couple of weeks on a ship that is not accounted for and this was the one he had earmarked for me. Otherwise its a 3 month wait until the next batch arrives. At this stage I am tempted to wait, however how long is the next issue.

Seems that every dealer is different, some more supportive than others.

I really struggle to understand how Jeep can allow this to occur. It only take one axle to fail at high speed and then watch the class actions start to flow.

Will continue with the purchase process, fortunately am still sorting out my off road tyres (what a nightmare the 18 inch wheels are proving to be), then send the lot to the novating lease company. This will take some time, so possibly don't have much choice regardless other than to wait until the "next batch".
__________________
"My life is so much better,
than your best vacation"

2014 White Laredo CRD
ECB Bullbar
Full Underbody Armour (inc. Chief Bash Plate)
Towing kit
Tinting
BFG All Terrain T/A's
Reply With Quote
  #3364  
Old 05-20-2014, 03:49 AM
Rocksfly's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern Tasmania
Posts: 270
Thanks: 25
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 613
Rocksfly has a reputation beyond reputeRocksfly has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red PeeKay View Post

I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he was unaware of the issue (down here in Vic). He was of the opinion that if it became an issue then Jeep should issue a recall. I've yet not bought the car, my issue is that he has one arriving in the next couple of weeks on a ship that is not accounted for and this was the one he had earmarked for me. Otherwise its a 3 month wait until the next batch arrives. At this stage I am tempted to wait, however how long is the next issue.

Seems that every dealer is different, some more supportive than others.

I really struggle to understand how Jeep can allow this to occur. It only take one axle to fail at high speed and then watch the class actions start to flow.

Will continue with the purchase process, fortunately am still sorting out my off road tyres (what a nightmare the 18 inch wheels are proving to be), then send the lot to the novating lease company. This will take some time, so possibly don't have much choice regardless other than to wait until the "next batch".
I've been waiting since signing up on the 31st Dec 2013...first one was wrong colour, so was the second, although it got sorted just before it went from a peice of paper to a bunch of bits on a production line..... Then it gets built 31st March, transported to Curtis Bay Maryland, where it was by all accounts know to be part of a dicky batch but having already been assigned space on a ship there was no going back.

Guess I should have taken the DCR.... CHANGE OF COLOUR WOULD NOT KEEP ME OFF THE ROAD.

I'm so bloody disappointed in this whole roadshow......

Cheers
.
__________________
Sent from my Newman N2
Via JeepGarage /Taptalk.
Reply With Quote
  #3365  
Old 05-20-2014, 04:39 AM
Red PeeKay's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Anywhere where work ain't
Posts: 234
Thanks: 2
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 842
Red PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond reputeRed PeeKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WK2 DownUnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksfly View Post
I've been waiting since signing up on the 31st Dec 2013...first one was wrong colour, so was the second, although it got sorted just before it went from a peice of paper to a bunch of bits on a production line..... Then it gets built 31st March, transported to Curtis Bay Maryland, where it was by all accounts know to be part of a dicky batch but having already been assigned space on a ship there was no going back.

Guess I should have taken the DCR.... CHANGE OF COLOUR WOULD NOT KEEP ME OFF THE ROAD.

I'm so bloody disappointed in this whole roadshow......

Cheers
.
I hear you. I was offered a grey limited at a good discount, but hate grey. If I want a dark coloured diesel can walk away tomorrow with one, however want the white which apparently is in great demand in diesels so scarce as hens teeth. The dealer reckons the light colours are in high demand in the diesel, whereas the dark colours are in demand in the petrols. Go figure. Hope it all works out for you.
__________________
"My life is so much better,
than your best vacation"

2014 White Laredo CRD
ECB Bullbar
Full Underbody Armour (inc. Chief Bash Plate)
Towing kit
Tinting
BFG All Terrain T/A's
Reply With Quote
  #3366  
Old 05-20-2014, 05:33 AM
yoda42's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Darwin Australia
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 1754
yoda42 has a reputation beyond reputeyoda42 has a reputation beyond reputeyoda42 has a reputation beyond reputeyoda42 has a reputation beyond reputeyoda42 has a reputation beyond reputeyoda42 has a reputation beyond reputeyoda42 has a reputation beyond reputeyoda42 has a reputation beyond reputeyoda42 has a reputation beyond reputeyoda42 has a reputation beyond repute
WK2 DownUnder

Guys it's very easy to check how tight he CV boot is, just get the dealer to have a mechanic check the boot, tell them you want to be there if it makes you feel better.
All the mechanic has to do is pull on the boot, if it's loose as per this problem the mechanic will feel it or the boot will come off, if the mechanic doesn't find a problem it is very unlikely to show up down the track.
Also if the boot comes off the CV joint won't fail immediately


2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 3L CRD, Uneek4x4 bull bar, Murchison Products Suspension Lift
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo CRD & Aussieswag Rover LX Campertrailer
www.travelswithbeagles.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yoda42 For This Useful Post:
  #3367  
Old 05-20-2014, 06:21 AM
Rocksfly's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern Tasmania
Posts: 270
Thanks: 25
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 613
Rocksfly has a reputation beyond reputeRocksfly has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda42 View Post
Guys it's very easy to check how tight he CV boot is, just get the dealer to have a mechanic check the boot, tell them you want to be there if it makes you feel better.
All the mechanic has to do is pull on the boot, if it's loose as per this problem the mechanic will feel it or the boot will come off, if the mechanic doesn't find a problem it is very unlikely to show up down the track.
Also if the boot comes off the CV joint won't fail immediately

2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 3L CRD, Uneek4x4 bull bar, Murchison Products Suspension Lift
Wasnt there a previous poster whose dealership mechanic checked for said problem and gave it the thumbs up and since failed?

On the off chance mine is affected the problem would be horrendous.... I can't afford to be down by a vehicle and have that off the road twice for protracted periods.... And we know there is a issue.. Why the hell is Jeep not more proactive in their approach to these issues.
Anyway my Sales Mgr knows exactly how I feel, so the ball is in their court now.

Keeping the faith but I'm on my knees.

Cheers
__________________
Sent from my Newman N2
Via JeepGarage /Taptalk.
Reply With Quote
  #3368  
Old 05-20-2014, 07:24 AM
SNUKE's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Aus
Posts: 3,181
Thanks: 85
Thanked 327 Times in 267 Posts
Rep Power: 5962
SNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: WK2 DownUnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn0 View Post
I can imagine this new issue is stressful for those about to take delivery, but I wouldn't assume your cars have the problem.
Exactly, I understand the forewarned is forearmed approach to being aware of a possible problem, but some of you seem to be getting extremely caught up in a n issue you may never have to deal with.
There has always been some issue the members on JG have been aware of as a possibility while awaiting their car. For most of, those problems have never appeared. For some they have.

Know what the issue is, but don't get hang up on it until it is an actual problem for you.
__________________
I'm just want it for the "shorter headlamps".

MY14 GC Limited, 3.0 CRD, Lux II, Granite Crystal, 18" Wheels, Tubular Side Steps.
Could I get my avatar much larger?
Ordered: July 7 2013 Delivered Nov 25th
Reply With Quote
  #3369  
Old 05-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Boxheadmr's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 307
Thanks: 20
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 668
Boxheadmr is on a distinguished road
Re: WK2 DownUnder

Must admit I am a little worried too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3370  
Old 05-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Rocksfly's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern Tasmania
Posts: 270
Thanks: 25
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 613
Rocksfly has a reputation beyond reputeRocksfly has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNUKE View Post

Exactly, I understand the forewarned is forearmed approach to being aware of a possible problem, but some of you seem to be getting extremely caught up in a n issue you may never have to deal with.
There has always been some issue the members on JG have been aware of as a possibility while awaiting their car. For most of, those problems have never appeared. For some they have.

Know what the issue is, but don't get hang up on it until it is an actual problem for you.
With all due respect and please don't take this the wrong way..


This issue may occur twice for some poor soul and it may result in months off the road.

Me thinks if your build was part of the mix you too might get, "caught up" and get mighty "hung up" should you find you require an axle which they tell you is not available for sometime. Can't drive your car and we have no loaner for you.

That and the potential for it to be repeated.

I think we the possibly affected have much to consider and every right to be concerned.... We are not talking about a VR for your sat nav.

Cheers
__________________
Sent from my Newman N2
Via JeepGarage /Taptalk.
Reply With Quote
  #3371  
Old 05-20-2014, 08:41 AM
SNUKE's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Aus
Posts: 3,181
Thanks: 85
Thanked 327 Times in 267 Posts
Rep Power: 5962
SNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: WK2 DownUnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksfly View Post
Me thinks if your build was part of the mix you too might get, "caught up"
Nope, because no matter how much I worry about what may be, it won't change a thing one way or another. It would achieve nothing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksfly View Post
and get mighty "hung up" should you find you require an axle which they tell you is not available for sometime. Can't drive your car and we have no loaner for you.

That and the potential for it to be repeated.

I think we the possibly affected have much to consider and every right to be concerned.... We are not talking about a VR for your sat nav.

Cheers
I fully understand that, but these are still all what ifs. When mine was coming in we had the Uconnect failures and the arrival of DPF failures taking cars off the road. A couple of rough idling engines that still have those cars off the road.
There were a spate of people getting mighty caught up in the what ifs of a DPF issue too (BennO can tell you all about that). Again, not much you can do until it is actually an issue. As such stop worrying as there is NOTHING you can do about it now. Understand the problem, be informed and leave it at that, beyond that it is all out of your control. If it is an issue for you, then get deal with it then. I prefer to invest my emotional energy into certainties not possibilities.
My other half is someone who gets all caught up in the possibility of problems, and it is such a waste of energy.

You had real problems with your delivery, and dealt with them as they arose, this should be no different.
__________________
I'm just want it for the "shorter headlamps".

MY14 GC Limited, 3.0 CRD, Lux II, Granite Crystal, 18" Wheels, Tubular Side Steps.
Could I get my avatar much larger?
Ordered: July 7 2013 Delivered Nov 25th
Reply With Quote
  #3372  
Old 05-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Boxheadmr's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 307
Thanks: 20
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 668
Boxheadmr is on a distinguished road
Re: WK2 DownUnder

Snuke - are you a counselor?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did anyone name their WK2? HEADSHOCK Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 98 10-16-2012 09:25 PM
Not A SRT8 WK2 But A WK2 Speed Demon Review! NYCSRTATE Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 17 12-04-2010 12:37 AM
No WK2 for me after all JBaumgart Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 17 06-08-2010 11:25 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.