So... Ive gone through a bunch of steps to try to remedy the problem. At first, it would shift out of first to second w/o any problem, but 2nd to 3rd wouldn't take until about 3500 rpm. I've pulled the valve body to check the valves and springs. They checked out. Did a full(ish) flush (took about 8 quarts), new filter and gasket. Didnt solve the shifting. Initially I had a random misfire on all cylinders and read that the TPS could screw with the shifting pattern. So i swapped in a new TPS. Solved the misfire, but not the shifting. Today, I adjusted the bands to spec and it managed to shift better into 3rd, but still struggling to grab consistently, and flutters 2/3/2/3 a bit now. I feel like im making some progress, however. So... my question
. Is it possible to adjust the band a bit tighter to compensate for, what i believe, is worn friction material on the band until i can get my hands on a replacement trans. Once i get the donor trans, im gonna rebuild this one, but if i can hold off another month or two, it would give me some time to recoup some money. Thanks for any and all help anyone may be able to give me.