Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WJ > Troubleshooting/Problems

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 03-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Chuck's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2004 4.0L WJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 3,869
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 5853
Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Broken Window Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99limited View Post
yeah im sure the duck tape was i chick magnet. ha
I got a lot of WTF looks , add to that when I wanted to ask someone if they were moving out of their parking spots, I couldn't lower the window so all they saw was a random truck pull up right next to them, me trying to gesture if they are moving out, with a tinted window with a bunch of duct tape on it. I got a lot of dirty looks
__________________

__________________
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition 4.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by White WK Swagga View Post
I'm here, and I like black jeeps!!!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-22-2010, 08:37 AM
99limited's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 1999 4.7L WJ
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Corning,NY
Posts: 2,196
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 4057
99limited is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Broken Window Regulator

haha well atleast ur window wasnt falling down all the time. duck tape works for everything
__________________

__________________
**I go by Ryan, Ry Guy, Rhino, whatever you wanna call me :thumbsup:**
"The Grim Reaper"
Mods: Tint tails-smoked liscence plate covers-black painted wheels-black painted grill-bumpers & trim painted black-debadge-Projector Headlights/fogights-Tinted windows-kicker ks series door speakers
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Future mods: sub/amp-exhaust-K&N CAI-22'' SRT8 reps-green neon interior lights-projector fogs
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Chuck's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2004 4.0L WJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 3,869
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 5853
Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Broken Window Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99limited View Post
haha well atleast ur window wasnt falling down all the time. duck tape works for everything
Oh no no lol even with the duct tape, after a few days it kept falling. It came to the point I had to keep removing old and reapplying new duct tape before I left to take my truck, even then it would fall I had to invest in duct tape
__________________
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition 4.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by White WK Swagga View Post
I'm here, and I like black jeeps!!!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-14-2010, 08:14 AM
DebC68's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2001 4.7L WJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1646
DebC68 is on a distinguished road
Re: Broken Window Regulator

I bought my front passenger side one at O'Reilly's...it's was right at $100. so far it's holding up. but two weeks after I replaced that one, the driver side one went!!!! Figures with my luck. Haven't replaced it yet, but I think this one is little more expensive. Don't forget to pick up some of those little plastic door panel fasteners while you're at the store....seems one or two always break when taking off the door panel!! :-)....and a little adhesive to restick the protective liner on the door panel!!! Mine woudn't restick, but it's really dusty inside my doors.....drive on gravel roads a lot around here!!!

PS>>I wouldn't do the tape thing!! how ugly....i folded up a couple little pieces of a cigarette box and wedged them in between the window and the window guide...tight!!! Barely noticeable!!!! :-)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Chuck's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2004 4.0L WJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 3,869
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 5853
Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Broken Window Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebC68 View Post
I bought my front passenger side one at O'Reilly's...it's was right at $100. so far it's holding up. but two weeks after I replaced that one, the driver side one went!!!! Figures with my luck. Haven't replaced it yet, but I think this one is little more expensive. Don't forget to pick up some of those little plastic door panel fasteners while you're at the store....seems one or two always break when taking off the door panel!! :-)....and a little adhesive to restick the protective liner on the door panel!!! Mine woudn't restick, but it's really dusty inside my doors.....drive on gravel roads a lot around here!!!

PS>>I wouldn't do the tape thing!! how ugly....i folded up a couple little pieces of a cigarette box and wedged them in between the window and the window guide...tight!!! Barely noticeable!!!! :-)

Yeah when I had my first passenger side regulator go out, I used some cardboard to prop it up and it held for a while but I used duct tape for good measure. I would have done the same thing the second time but it was raining heavy and the best I could do was pull up the window fast and apply some duct tape.(thank god it didn't fall all the way through). When the front drivers side went out, it went all the way down so I had to buy it fast again. I just hope these damn things last. The best tool to use in order to avoid breaking the fasteners is something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/OEM-25313-Door.../dp/B000CMDPCQ
__________________
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition 4.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by White WK Swagga View Post
I'm here, and I like black jeeps!!!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Unholyskorn86's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bristol, CT
Posts: 578
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2430
Unholyskorn86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Unholyskorn86
Re: Broken Window Regulator

Go to advanced or napa and get one for like 75$...i did that for my drivers side on my 99 wj and it has lasted 2 years so far...
__________________
05 JGC 5.7
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2002 4.7L WJ
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1694
Footer21 is on a distinguished road
Re: Broken Window Regulator

So i had the same problem with my windows...i had this little plastic part break on both. I went to the dealer and they told me 275 for the part. I went to autozone and got one from there for 90 and iv had it in there for about 7 months now with no problems. Plus the one they sell has a metal part inplace of the plastic one, so it wont bust. Lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-22-2010, 04:07 PM
New Member
My Jeep: 1999 4.7L WJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
spgull is on a distinguished road
Re: Broken Window Regulator

Same thing happed to me ....2 regulators same passenger side window 3 months apart. 1999 Grand Cherokee Ltd.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Chuck's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2004 4.0L WJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 3,869
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 5853
Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Broken Window Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgull View Post
Same thing happed to me ....2 regulators same passenger side window 3 months apart. 1999 Grand Cherokee Ltd.
I was speaking with my parts department at the time and they pretty much admit that WJ's eat these regulators
__________________
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition 4.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by White WK Swagga View Post
I'm here, and I like black jeeps!!!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-22-2010, 06:30 PM
VT_Dirt's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2002 4.0L WJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1607
VT_Dirt is on a distinguished road
Re: Broken Window Regulator

I have had this problem on half my windows. Stop buying more and more regulators. Just fix the problem. It took a lot of searching to find this site, but it was worth it. It fixes the issue, is much cheaper ($30), and stops it from happening again.

part: http://pocketlogger.com/index.php?pid=jpw

Installation: http://pocketlogger.com/?pid=jpw_install

Be careful, if you try to rack the window up and down when it fails you will damage some plastic internal parts of the regulator.

ALSO: try using a small c-clamp on the window slide to keep the window in place after it breaks. Keeps your jeep secure and prevents all the duct tape goo. Mine always seemed to break while on a road trip... LOL

Hope this helps someone......
__________________
_________________________________________
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4.0
Rancho RSX shocks, Sumitomo A/T tires
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-23-2010, 12:38 PM
SRTWJ04's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2004 4.0L WJ
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1643
SRTWJ04 is on a distinguished road
Re: Broken Window Regulator

My friggen passenger side window motor just went on my truck this morning, i obviously wasnt very happy haha this is my second WJ and the first one had a problem with the same window motor as well. Gotta love Mopar sometimes
__________________
Louie F.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2002 4.7L WJ
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1694
Footer21 is on a distinguished road
Re: Broken Window Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT_Dirt View Post
I have had this problem on half my windows. Stop buying more and more regulators. Just fix the problem. It took a lot of searching to find this site, but it was worth it. It fixes the issue, is much cheaper ($30), and stops it from happening again.

part: http://pocketlogger.com/index.php?pid=jpw

Installation: http://pocketlogger.com/?pid=jpw_install

Be careful, if you try to rack the window up and down when it fails you will damage some plastic internal parts of the regulator.

ALSO: try using a small c-clamp on the window slide to keep the window in place after it breaks. Keeps your jeep secure and prevents all the duct tape goo. Mine always seemed to break while on a road trip... LOL

Hope this helps someone......
This is what i did for mine and it works awsome! Never had a problem with it
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broken Drivers Seat Jeepguy02se Troubleshooting/Problems 6 03-15-2010 04:42 PM
My CLK got broken into!! 206WJ Other Rides 26 03-07-2010 10:40 PM
Broken AEV Pintler RedRocker Off Road Modifications 7 10-28-2009 10:13 AM
Broken TPMS mjl2610 Grand Cherokee - WK 8 07-04-2009 11:26 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.