7/16 Threaded Rod, Grade 5 (3 ft long, cut to fit)
Washers, Lock-washers, and 7/16 Grade 7 Nuts
This is the temporary fix. It was nice and tight until this past week or so. I had to use some tin foil to make sure it was tight.
This is the part on the seat frame that broke.
Another shot of the broken seat frame. The seat frame had wiggled out whenever I had accelerated or braked.
Another shot of the broken frame.
A shot of the frame with out the broken piece of the frame. It was a really bad wobble when it was totally out.
All that I had to do was to remove the seat from the vehicle and feed the rod through on side. Mark out with a felt pen how much to cut off. Use the new piece and thread through again. Use the washer, lock-washer, and nut on both sides and tighten. I didn't tighten down so there was pinching, but just enough so that it wouldn't come loose when driving around.
Close up of the threaded rod with washer, lock-washer, and nut.
I did this to both the driver and passenger side. The driver side was the only one broken, but I figured if it happened to one side then it could happen to the other side as well. I thought some welding might be needed, but when I looked more closely I noticed that a piece of plastic was covering the frame. So I wasn't able to do any welding.
Hope that this helps you with your problem. I know that it helped with mine. Good luck.