Hello to the forum!
Heres the poop:
2000 WJ 4.7 V8
1) Ive only noticed the AC loosing its coldness in the last couple of weeks and especially in the last two days.
2) My refrigerant level is fine. In fact i filled it today and the gauge said it was at the top of the green (bottom of the red)...is this bad?
3) The compressor seems to be turning fine.
4) The metal tubes near the firewall (where the re-fill nipple is) are cold to the touch but they dont get all iced up like they used too. **Also, shouldn't the tubes have insulation on them? They are bare metal and look like they're corroding just a little bit.
5) After driving with AC on then parking and turning off the engine, I walk around to the front I can hear a faint 'hissing' sound.....but its always been like that even when the AC was much colder.
6) Water drips and puddles on the ground after driving with AC on.
7) The heater is working fine.
1)Is there a radiator for the AC that can get clogged and how do I blow it clear if there is?
2)If it might be the blend doors is there an easy way to check that? I've seen tutorials that involve using a saw to cut behind the glove box....I really dont want to do that
3)If the compressor is going bad how can I check for that?
Oh yeah...my question is: What do I need to do to get my arctic-blast AC back?