I need your experts opnions for a noise 99% in the rear end of my 1999 4.7 V8 WJ. It is like a "roar" with highest pitch around 50 MPH (80 km/h) and it is present during each phase, accelerating, coasting and constant speed. It has only a slight change when coasting. The noise is present even with transmission & Transfer Case in Neutral position.
- Tyres change (8000 miles) Yokohama Geolander H/T-S
- Diff oil and addiive change
- rear wheel bearing change (4000 miles)
- rear prop shaft U-Joint change (4000 miles)
Mechanics (4 asked) said it could be tyres or bearings in rear diff
I was thinking to:
- Front prop shaft CV joints
- Any of rear wheel bearing defective
- Rear tyres defective
- Diff internal bearings
- Rear diff LS clutches
You can download an audio files showing the noise in every conditions from here:
Thank you in advance.