Re: Wheel Bearing Torque Specs
According to the service manual 175 ft/lbs
(1) Thoroughly clean the axle shaft and apply a
thin film of Mopar Wheel Bearing Grease or equivalent
to the shaft splines, seal contact surface and hub
(2) Install brake rotor shield to the knuckle.
(3) Install hub bearing and axle shaft assembly or
axle shaft into the housing and differential side
gears. Avoid damaging the axle shaft oil seals in the
(4) Install the hub bearing.
(5) Install hub bearing bolts and tighten to 102
N·m (75 ft. lbs.).
(6) Install axle hub washer and nut and tighten
nut to 237 N·m (175 ft. lbs.). Install the nut retainer
and a new cotter pin.
(7) Install ABS wheel speed sensor, brake rotor
(8) Install the wheel and tire assembly.
(9) Remove support and lower the vehicle.
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7l V8 Quadra-Drive
Wild Country XTX 245/65R17 tires on stock Avila rims
Quad-light mod, Transgo-HD2, SONNAX LB2
Bilstein 4600HD, JKS bar pin eliminators
Addco rear sway bar
R1Concepts drilled & slotted rotors, EBC Yellowstuff pads in front
Braided stainless steel brake lines
Infinity Reference 9633cf 6x9's, Kappa 63.9i 6.5", JBL 800GTi Sub in Bandpass box