When things turn ugly
After constant badgering by Aaron I decided to tackle this project in hopes he would leave me alone. That was my first mistake
Friday after work I decided to finally start this project. After looking at the new parts I found out they gave me the wrong pulley two months ago.Check your parts if you're gonna let them sit a while. No problem got the right one when I took the core back. First issue I had was with that friggin high pressure line. Be prepared guys the fitting that might break loose is the pressure fitting on the pump itself not the hose fitting. If this happens you're screwed. There is no way to get to that bottom nut the way it sits so you have to go to the fitting on the bottom of the fan motor(Thanks for the tip hamilton5
Make sure the o ring comes out with the fitting.
Whole deal out at once.
What a mess.
With the pulley and reservoir on there is no way to get at that bottom fitting so you have to pull the res. Just bend up the lock tabs and slide the clips off. Also if you get a pump without a res you have to do this.
With the res off you can just unscrew the whole hose and fitting assy out of the pump and break the 2 loose in a vise.
Hose was starting to get a little rusty.
Sanded and painted.
Clip where pressure hose turns down to fan motor.
Also this is THE setup for the high pressure hose. ratchet,6" extension and a 21 mm crows foot.
All back together and I actually have power steering again
I have to say though pressing that new pulley on the new pump sucked especially the last 1/8" or so. Definitely a two person job. Don't be tempted to use a press though you'll ruin the pump. Use the tool that comes with the pump.
Thanks Aaron for your invaluable instructions and misery you created for me and the nice buzz