Originally Posted by JeepDiva
I am curious how many of you use your Cherokee as a "toad" behind an RV?
We have ordered our Trailhawk because it is one of few vehicles that can be towed 4-down behind a motorhome-is not too heavy-and offers some fun & luxury when it is on it's own.
Are there others here who use their KLs' as a toad?
Please give me feedback as yea or nay.
Thanks in Advance!
Posted the following on another forum:
It's the perfect SUV to tow behind a motorhome and these are some of the reasons:
- Reasonably light weight, but solid and feels substantial.
- Very good mpg for a SUV
- Plenty of power from the engine
- Handles very well
- Great height and mud/snow capabilities
- Comfortable, quiet, and looks good
- A driveline that can actually put power to all four wheels when needed
- Can turn it into a trailer with the neutral feature (AD2/ADL)
- No speed restrictions while towing
- Steering wheel does not lock when ignition is off
- Cherokee has an always-on 12V outlet; good for plugging in the aux brake system
The people at Jeep know some owners will tow the Cherokee. It is engineered for it. The front end has holes and class 5 nuts welded on the frame to provide for baseplate mounting.
Got pictures of mine in an album --> Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum - Array's Album: Test Run
I installed the Blue Ox baseplates and did the wiring of the tail lights.
Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum - Array's Album: Fascia Removal/Baseplate Install
Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum - Array's Album: Toad Lights Wiring