Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > 2014+ Cherokee-KL

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #37  
Old 06-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 10
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 81
Softsand is on a distinguished road
Re: Australian MY14 KL Cherokee thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJandL View Post
I didn't see any much of anything there IBAJ. First clue is 'Near one of Australia's oldest mining towns'

Found this weird review by a RAC guy:

RAC Blog New Car Review: 2014 Jeep Cherokee - RAC Blog
Weird indeed. He says it isn't perfect but all that was mentioned was a missing footrest.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-22-2014, 11:40 PM
Gforce's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 896
Gforce is a name known to all
Re: Australian MY14 KL Cherokee thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsand View Post
Weird indeed. He says it isn't perfect but all that was mentioned was a missing footrest.

More clues, a mining town near the Flinders Ranges in South Aust?



Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________

__________________
2014 GC Limited, CRD, White.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-23-2014, 12:52 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 888
Thanks: 63
Thanked 77 Times in 69 Posts
Rep Power: 1547
SJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian MY14 KL Cherokee thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce View Post
More clues, a mining town near the Flinders Ranges in South Aust?



Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Is that just a guess Gforce or have you got Clue #2 coming up on your phone (because I haven't - just Clue #1 so far)?
__________________
'07 WK Limited 5.7 Hemi
'14 WK2 Overland CRD ORAII

Ordered: MY14 KL Limited Cherokee. True Blue/Moroccan Black. 2.0L CRD with Tech group, Electronics group and Pano. Delivery - ??
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-23-2014, 01:24 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 888
Thanks: 63
Thanked 77 Times in 69 Posts
Rep Power: 1547
SJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Australian MY14 KL Cherokee thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsand View Post
Weird indeed. He says it isn't perfect but all that was mentioned was a missing footrest.
Yeah I read that too and expected all sorts of 'not perfect' commentary but you're right - just no footrest.

Have you decided yet whether it's a go'er or are you still pondering?
__________________
'07 WK Limited 5.7 Hemi
'14 WK2 Overland CRD ORAII

Ordered: MY14 KL Limited Cherokee. True Blue/Moroccan Black. 2.0L CRD with Tech group, Electronics group and Pano. Delivery - ??
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-23-2014, 03:57 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 77
sFlattop is on a distinguished road
Re: Australian MY14 KL Cherokee thread

Hi all, just put the deposit down on a trailhawk with tech kit, hoping for delivery Friday but expecting it will push out. I'm not an offroader but I like the Jeep, I test drove 2 limiteds and loved the smooth ride and tech layout.

Looking forward to being part of the Jeep community!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-23-2014, 04:24 AM
Gforce's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 896
Gforce is a name known to all
Re: Australian MY14 KL Cherokee thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJandL View Post
Is that just a guess Gforce or have you got Clue #2 coming up on your phone (because I haven't - just Clue #1 so far)?

No just an educated guess after seeing the Jurno's review, the Cherokee's are being shown to them and test run in this area, the surroundings look similar to the ad. So it makes sense that this is where they (Jeep) got the idea for the remote dealership location.
As they say, stay tuned...




Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
__________________
2014 GC Limited, CRD, White.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-23-2014, 04:30 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 888
Thanks: 63
Thanked 77 Times in 69 Posts
Rep Power: 1547
SJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian MY14 KL Cherokee thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sFlattop View Post
Hi all, just put the deposit down on a trailhawk with tech kit, hoping for delivery Friday but expecting it will push out. I'm not an offroader but I like the Jeep, I test drove 2 limiteds and loved the smooth ride and tech layout.

Looking forward to being part of the Jeep community!
Delivery Friday. That's a brave call.

I have read your too-ing and fro-ing on WP. Happy that you managed to get into one - a TH no less.

Keep us updated (with pics - that is obligatory on JG) when you take delivery and hoping all goes smoothly.

Congrats.

Oh edited to add: I trust 'The Minister' is happy (?).
__________________
'07 WK Limited 5.7 Hemi
'14 WK2 Overland CRD ORAII

Ordered: MY14 KL Limited Cherokee. True Blue/Moroccan Black. 2.0L CRD with Tech group, Electronics group and Pano. Delivery - ??
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-23-2014, 05:11 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 10
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 81
Softsand is on a distinguished road
Re: Australian MY14 KL Cherokee thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJandL View Post
Yeah I read that too and expected all sorts of 'not perfect' commentary but you're right - just no footrest.

Have you decided yet whether it's a go'er or are you still pondering?
I've ordered but as I want a diesel, it will be late in the year (it will be a special order as well). No point taking delivery in December so likely January delivery.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 77
sFlattop is on a distinguished road
Re: Australian MY14 KL Cherokee thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJandL View Post
Delivery Friday. That's a brave call.

I have read your too-ing and fro-ing on WP. Happy that you managed to get into one - a TH no less.

Keep us updated (with pics - that is obligatory on JG) when you take delivery and hoping all goes smoothly.

Congrats.

Oh edited to add: I trust 'The Minister' is happy (?).

I don't believe they will deliver on Friday but I will make a scene at the dealer as they know my rego runs out. I will drive the old car into the showroom carpark and leave it there if needed. For now I'm trying to have faith that they will do the right thing, but in our first contact they said they had a TH coming in next week so im already doubtful. Truth is I have a motorbike and we have another car so we can make do if needed for a week but who want's to ride a motorbike in Melbourne in winter. It's 12* here today and raining a storm and there is snow on the way for the hills.

Minister is peeved as she wanted a 7 seater and doesn't understand why I churn cars at 4 years (car allowance and finance). But she is happy that (I'm not busting her chops about buying a car). We are off on holidays in 2 weeks she wants to focus on that.

For me it was an interesting experience, In the last 2 years I've spent a lot of time working with high pressure sales in a different industry but saw all the tricks of the trade which prepared me for dealing with car salesmen.
I actually enjoyed the negotiation.

Pics will follow!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-23-2014, 07:49 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 77
sFlattop is on a distinguished road
Re: Australian MY14 KL Cherokee thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsand View Post
I've ordered but as I want a diesel, it will be late in the year (it will be a special order as well). No point taking delivery in December so likely January delivery.
I wanted the diesel as well the economy rated looks great 5.6/100 my mates with GC's get good economy from their diesels as well.

No footrest but I wonder if there is an after market unit?
Maybe we could 3D print one if we could work out a design.
Velcro on the back and it should stick to the carpet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sFlattop For This Useful Post:
  #47  
Old 06-24-2014, 03:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 10
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 81
Softsand is on a distinguished road
Re: Australian MY14 KL Cherokee thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sFlattop View Post
I wanted the diesel as well the economy rated looks great 5.6/100 my mates with GC's get good economy from their diesels as well.

No footrest but I wonder if there is an after market unit?
Maybe we could 3D print one if we could work out a design.
Velcro on the back and it should stick to the carpet.
Not sure if you spotted it but it seems the UK cars (all diesel) have engine Stop/Start for better economy and that the V6 is getting it too. Nothing in "our" brochure but entirely possible...

Yes, surely can't be too difficult to do up a footrest ?...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-24-2014, 03:23 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 888
Thanks: 63
Thanked 77 Times in 69 Posts
Rep Power: 1547
SJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian MY14 KL Cherokee thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsand View Post
Not sure if you spotted it but it seems the UK cars (all diesel) have engine Stop/Start for better economy and that the V6 is getting it too. Nothing in "our" brochure but entirely possible...

Yes, surely can't be too difficult to do up a footrest ?...
Umm... I think we do have engine Stop/Start. Just looking at my literature, within the Groups and Options page there is within the Tech group - Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go. (NHZ code).
__________________

__________________
'07 WK Limited 5.7 Hemi
'14 WK2 Overland CRD ORAII

Ordered: MY14 KL Limited Cherokee. True Blue/Moroccan Black. 2.0L CRD with Tech group, Electronics group and Pano. Delivery - ??
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
australia

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The MY14 2nd Battery and DC Thread coreys Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ 39 05-15-2014 07:30 AM
Australian My14 GC Overland JustinS Members Rides-Showoff 17 12-09-2013 04:12 AM
Australian edition Grand Cherokee wk2limited Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ 36 01-20-2012 03:23 AM
Australian SRT8 Bwoody sway bar links OZYGCSRT8 Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 9 10-01-2011 01:22 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community