Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > 2014+ Cherokee-KL

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #49  
Old 01-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dallas
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 508
clew is on a distinguished road
Re: Build or Delivery Date estimates

I liked the highlander and it was always on my list for when I started looking around, up until the 2014 redesign when it went from looking like an SUV to a minivan. Can't fathom changing your mind from a trailhawk to a highlander.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-11-2014, 11:50 PM
Darkhawk's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 63
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 459
Darkhawk is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Build or Delivery Date estimates

Okie, I feel your pain, and certainly can't blame you for looking at other options. I plan on going to the dealership within the next 3 days, work permitting, to discuss the issues I keep calling about in person. If they can't give me what I want, I plan on cancelling my order as well.

However, if that happens, I will go to a different dealer and see if I can get them to get my vehicle from the first one once it arrives and simply buy it from them. I can't stand the way this dealer has been treating me, especially since I'm spending so much money on this vehicle.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing!
__________________

__________________
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Granite Metallic
Cold Weather Package
Technology Package
Comfort and Convenience Package
Black Interior
3.2L V-6, 9 Speed Transmission
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-14-2014, 06:54 AM
Jeepster910's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: West central illinois
Posts: 163
Thanks: 22
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 573
Jeepster910 is on a distinguished road
Re: Build or Delivery Date estimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhawk View Post
Okie, I feel your pain, and certainly can't blame you for looking at other options. I plan on going to the dealership within the next 3 days, work permitting, to discuss the issues I keep calling about in person. If they can't give me what I want, I plan on cancelling my order as well.

However, if that happens, I will go to a different dealer and see if I can get them to get my vehicle from the first one once it arrives and simply buy it from them. I can't stand the way this dealer has been treating me, especially since I'm spending so much money on this vehicle.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing!
You might even get a better deal...............
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-15-2014, 12:29 AM
Darkhawk's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 63
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 459
Darkhawk is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Build or Delivery Date estimates

I'm certainly going to try. It's funny, because when I first went to the dealership to talk about this and order the Trailhawk, they seemed to make it a point to not disclose to me the actual trade in value of my '13 Dart. They told me it was too new to give me an actual number, and instead gave me a range of numbers it could possibly fall into. We also never negotiated the price of the Trailhawk. However, they also never had me sign anything other than my credit card slip for the $500 deposit I put, and the order form. None of these listed the purchase price of the vehicle or trade in value of my car. Now that I see my Jeep is on its way, and as of tonight it showed up on the dealerships website, I am going to do down there and discuss the numbers, knowing full well that I can cancel if they effuse to budge on price and trade in value. And if they don't, then I will gladly go to another dealership and have them get mine from this dealer.
__________________
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Granite Metallic
Cold Weather Package
Technology Package
Comfort and Convenience Package
Black Interior
3.2L V-6, 9 Speed Transmission
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:01 AM
Jeepster910's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: West central illinois
Posts: 163
Thanks: 22
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 573
Jeepster910 is on a distinguished road
Re: Build or Delivery Date estimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhawk View Post
I'm certainly going to try. It's funny, because when I first went to the dealership to talk about this and order the Trailhawk, they seemed to make it a point to not disclose to me the actual trade in value of my '13 Dart. They told me it was too new to give me an actual number, and instead gave me a range of numbers it could possibly fall into. We also never negotiated the price of the Trailhawk. However, they also never had me sign anything other than my credit card slip for the $500 deposit I put, and the order form. None of these listed the purchase price of the vehicle or trade in value of my car. Now that I see my Jeep is on its way, and as of tonight it showed up on the dealerships website, I am going to do down there and discuss the numbers, knowing full well that I can cancel if they effuse to budge on price and trade in value. And if they don't, then I will gladly go to another dealership and have them get mine from this dealer.
You know they tried the same thing with me!
Took a charge card depost and said before we order it we will see if we can find it at anothe dealer.
Well no luck so they just ordered it! No price on it! I found one at a dealer 3 hours away at litterly 9% off MSRP. It was due into his lot in 2 weeks and asked if I want to lock it in. The original dealer said I'd lose my deposit and I just told him to just try it. I'll call the CC company as soon as I get off the phone. So he came up with a great deal in writing on this Limited. It was about 7-7.5 off MSRP. Not as good as the other one but again I was not getting stuff I did not want even though a lot of it would have been free because of the deal. I kind of regret I did not walk away from this guy, but I got the Jeep exactly the way I wanted. Why spend $600 more to get $2000 in extra options I did not want?
The bottom line on your situation:
The dealer is banking on you caving in when you see this new car.
He knows what the value on that 2013 is. Goodness he is a dealer for them.
He has you where he wants you. You just have to be willing to walk.
If there is no writen contract on this car with price then the deposit is BS.
Look at some internet prices on Hawks at dealers ( If you are willing to drive) and what they have on their lots. Call them and price them over the phone and that will give you some bagaining chips. A 2013 should be cut and dry for trade in.
I would not accept less than 7% off MSRP regardless, depending on existing rebates. Mine was $500.
Good luck Dark Hawk
PS Kelly blue book should give you a good trade range.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-15-2014, 02:31 PM
Darkhawk's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 63
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 459
Darkhawk is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Build or Delivery Date estimates

So, I just came back from the dealership. Got them to come down on the price by another 1k, got them to come up on the trade in by a little bit. Promised all TSB Flashes would be complete prior to pickup, and a full tank of gas. Lowered my monthly payments by about $25 a month. All in all, I'm fairly happy. Now when I pick it up I'll see if I can get the finance guy to throw in one of those cards for free car washes for a year like I got with my Dart. I might even go for the extended warranty.
__________________
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Granite Metallic
Cold Weather Package
Technology Package
Comfort and Convenience Package
Black Interior
3.2L V-6, 9 Speed Transmission
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dallas
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 508
clew is on a distinguished road
Re: Build or Delivery Date estimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhawk View Post
I might even go for the extended warranty.
Do your research, bring in an online price and tell them to match...lifetime maxcare can be had in the $2000-2100 range, which a dealer usually wont offer a deal that sweet on his own.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-15-2014, 02:48 PM
Darkhawk's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 63
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 459
Darkhawk is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Build or Delivery Date estimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by clew View Post
Do your research, bring in an online price and tell them to match...lifetime maxcare can be had in the $2000-2100 range, which a dealer usually wont offer a deal that sweet on his own.
Thanks, I'll look into that.
__________________
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Granite Metallic
Cold Weather Package
Technology Package
Comfort and Convenience Package
Black Interior
3.2L V-6, 9 Speed Transmission
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-15-2014, 06:39 PM
Darkhawk's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 63
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 459
Darkhawk is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Build or Delivery Date estimates

I looked it up and a lifetime policy with unlimited miles would cost me $2185 with a $100 deductible. What do the dealerships normally charge for their extended warranties? I've never bought one before, but I plan on keeping this Jeep a very long time, and with all the electronics, plus the new engine and transmission (Which seems to have its own issues) I'd def feel more comfortable with something above and beyond the normal warranty.
__________________
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Granite Metallic
Cold Weather Package
Technology Package
Comfort and Convenience Package
Black Interior
3.2L V-6, 9 Speed Transmission
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dallas
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 508
clew is on a distinguished road
Re: Build or Delivery Date estimates

Not sure if that's chryslerwarrantys.com, but if you sign up they will email you a discount code...forget what my first one was, but I received a second one a month later for 205 off the list price.
Completely agree on that train of thought if you are keeping it long term with all the tech in these. I got the 100 deductible lifetime max care for 1895 because a dealer was selling at cost for a limited time, I was prepared to pay 2185 though and that's a pretty good deal without the discount code. Your dealer will probably try to sell it in the 3k range, mine offered it at roughly 3400...I didn't haggle since I knew there was no way to get it at cost from him like the deal I was going to get. You can print that price and try, some people have gotten the dealer to match (that way you can roll it into your financing if you choose).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Tulsa area
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 2168
Rexlion has a reputation beyond reputeRexlion has a reputation beyond reputeRexlion has a reputation beyond reputeRexlion has a reputation beyond reputeRexlion has a reputation beyond reputeRexlion has a reputation beyond reputeRexlion has a reputation beyond reputeRexlion has a reputation beyond reputeRexlion has a reputation beyond reputeRexlion has a reputation beyond reputeRexlion has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Build or Delivery Date estimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by clew View Post
Not sure if that's chryslerwarrantys.com, but if you sign up they will email you a discount code...forget what my first one was, but I received a second one a month later for 205 off the list price.
Completely agree on that train of thought if you are keeping it long term with all the tech in these. I got the 100 deductible lifetime max care for 1895 because a dealer was selling at cost for a limited time, I was prepared to pay 2185 though and that's a pretty good deal without the discount code. Your dealer will probably try to sell it in the 3k range, mine offered it at roughly 3400...I didn't haggle since I knew there was no way to get it at cost from him like the deal I was going to get. You can print that price and try, some people have gotten the dealer to match (that way you can roll it into your financing if you choose).
Did you read the fine print to see if "Lifetime" really, truly is not limited by years and miles? I can't help feeling skeptical. If I really could cover a vehicle for about $2k and have them take care of everything but wear parts for 15 or 20 years, I know I'd be way ahead (and they would be losing their shirts). I haven't bought a vehicle service contract since. (But for a $45k Jeep I am interested in one!)

Back in the mid '80s I bought a 'lifetime' service contract on a new Dodge Omni from the dealer. It was with some rinky-dink 3rd party, though. I was young and inexperienced. Well, when the tranny went out a second time and the car by this time had around 150,000 miles on it, the provider basically said, "Sorry, you have exceeded the projected lifetime of the vehicle and the repair is not covered." There wasn't enough contact info in the contract for me to even locate them physically... it just had a toll free number. Lesson learned at the school of hard knocks. I haven't bought a vehicle service contract since. (Although for a $45k vehicle I would like one!)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-16-2014, 09:04 AM
Jeepster910's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: West central illinois
Posts: 163
Thanks: 22
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 573
Jeepster910 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Build or Delivery Date estimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhawk View Post
I looked it up and a lifetime policy with unlimited miles would cost me $2185 with a $100 deductible. What do the dealerships normally charge for their extended warranties? I've never bought one before, but I plan on keeping this Jeep a very long time, and with all the electronics, plus the new engine and transmission (Which seems to have its own issues) I'd def feel more comfortable with something above and beyond the normal warranty.
They told me They were giving me a good deal at $2900 for the lifetime 100 deductable. MSRP is around $4300 or so.
I asked if they would match an online (factoryplans.com) quote. Lets see it. Went out of the room and when the person came back said this number is below cost! But we want to keep you as a satisfied customer so we will honor it.
Done deal at $2185. I believe cost is around $1885 from what I have read.
I hate extended service contracts but I too keep my vehicles a long time.
This Jeep has got so much stuff, electronics etc. That I just want peace of mind. Its a lot better to know you will be facing a $100 tab Max. on a repair visit for everything than who knows what. Any way think of costs 6 years from now!
Just make sure its the Official Chrysler/ Mopar extended service contract. It will show up in your Jeep Owners connect account when the dealer sends in to Chrysler. Also the dealer when they scan your car in for service will see the contract.
If you don't have this account set one up. It will also track your service if the dealer puts it into the system and lots of other stuff.
Enjoy that new Jeep
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Current TH Order Date to Build Date Timing Desert Hiker 2014+ Cherokee-KL 30 02-21-2014 01:38 PM
Is it possible to be in D1 status without an estimated delivery date? Toelkes1 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 03-09-2011 04:51 PM
How accurate is your estimated delivery date? jdub05 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 38 12-16-2010 10:55 PM
Incoming..got a delivery date! M4Miami Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 11-29-2010 09:48 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.