can i add on extras after I purchase the Cherokee trailhawk? - Page 2 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > 2014+ Cherokee-KL

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 11-25-2014, 01:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 812
Dodgeboy is on a distinguished road
Re: can i add on extras after I purchase the Cherokee trailhawk?

Getting back to the O.P. - I think the visor with the garage door controls is self-contained and would be a reasonable upgrade as long as you could run some power to it (or get lucky and find the wiring harness is there for it). I've taken those Homelink visors (from other Chrysler products) out of junkyard cars and just got charged a couple bucks as if they were regular visors. I just looked at one and it has a plug with one black wire and one white wire coming from it.

As far as adding automatic temperature control; I think you'll have no luck with that one. Way too involved.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14  
Old 11-25-2014, 02:13 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
dazweir is on a distinguished road
Re: can i add on extras after I purchase the Cherokee trailhawk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly0731 View Post
just wondering since this is my first new vehicle. The 2014 jeep Cherokee trail hawk. Some of the package options I could not afford at the time I had it built. Can I get these options added on after the fact for example the visor with the garage opener in ?
I would be nice if a could just set temperature to a value instead of adjusting the temp all the time, is there something for that as well?
I added all my extras after the purchase and saved over $1000 on luxury car tax and stamp duty
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-26-2014, 06:40 AM
Jeepster910's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: West central illinois
Posts: 246
Thanks: 26
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 1529
Jeepster910 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepster910 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepster910 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepster910 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepster910 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepster910 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepster910 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: can i add on extras after I purchase the Cherokee trailhawk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazweir View Post
I added all my extras after the purchase and saved over $1000 on luxury car tax and stamp duty
????????
You mean you wrote an order for a basic Cherokee filed that order, then ordered all the extras on the real order?
I do not think that was what the OP was referring too.
Adding just one of those extras after the vehicle is built can easily add over $1,000 to the cost.
For example just putting tow hooks on my '14 Limited, which I would love to do, can be done but is very costly to do.
__________________
2014 Cherokee Limited
V6 w/AD2
Tech Group
Luxury Group
Tow Group
Navigation
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-15-2015, 06:55 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
mrcasmir is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgeboy View Post
Getting back to the O.P. - I think the visor with the garage door controls is self-contained and would be a reasonable upgrade as long as you could run some power to it (or get lucky and find the wiring harness is there for it). I've taken those Homelink visors (from other Chrysler products) out of junkyard cars and just got charged a couple bucks as if they were regular visors. I just looked at one and it has a plug with one black wire and one white wire coming from it.

As far as adding automatic temperature control; I think you'll have no luck with that one. Way too involved.
Could you take a picture of the wiring harness if you still have it. I bought one of those visors with the Homelink button, swapped it with mine but nothing happens I suppose there's no power going to the Homelink module. If I know which pin the power goes into, I would add them myself. Would appreciate if someone could help out.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-15-2015, 07:58 PM
jim383's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: THOUSAND OAKS CA
Posts: 367
Thanks: 0
Thanked 57 Times in 46 Posts
Rep Power: 1719
jim383 is on a distinguished road
Re: can i add on extras after I purchase the Cherokee trailhawk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly0731 View Post
just wondering since this is my first new vehicle. The 2014 jeep Cherokee trail hawk. Some of the package options I could not afford at the time I had it built. Can I get these options added on after the fact for example the visor with the garage opener in ?
I would be nice if a could just set temperature to a value instead of adjusting the temp all the time, is there something for that as well?
It would cost you way to much. You would be better off trading it in on a 2016 or a left over 15.
__________________
2015 CHEROKEE LIMITED
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk :: 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Miela Member Garage Discussions 1 12-28-2014 06:14 PM
Cherokee Trailhawk :: 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk MIB66 Member Garage Discussions 0 06-03-2014 05:50 PM
Cherokee Trailhawk :: 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Texas Trailhawk Member Garage Discussions 0 11-29-2013 11:34 PM
Adaptive Cruise Control - Can it be added on after purchase abq.jeep Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 2 04-22-2011 08:19 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.