Got an FYI surprise - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > 2014+ Cherokee-KL

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 01-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 720
SacsTC is on a distinguished road
Got an FYI surprise

yesterday when we finally went in and ordered our 2015 TH. We had been thinking about ordering for roughly a year now, and knew which options we wanted on the vehicle. My wife had worked for CDJR for 2 years so we had researched quite a bit on problems, etc.

Anyway, we did NOT want the decal on the hood. Did not particularly like it on any color, but definitely not on the Black Crystal Pearl Coat.

As of January 1, 2015, you cannot order a TH without that junk on the hood. It is still shown as an "Option", on web Build and Price, also in the 2015 brochure, also shows as an option on the window sticker, but now it is required. We sat at the order desk and told them to delete it, but your dealer cannot do that anymore. We also contacted the area rep and she called her boss, but to no avail....

Has anyone tried to have it removed after delivery?? I'm worried what trying to remove it will do to fresh paint.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1042
doogle is on a distinguished road
Re: Got an FYI surprise

LEAVE IT ON YOU WILL LOVE IT. I have a 2015 TH with every option, Black. I have had many compliments on the look, Hood decal and black wheels.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Daniel454's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 213
Thanks: 33
Thanked 59 Times in 39 Posts
Rep Power: 72267
Daniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Got an FYI surprise

Have known a few removed similar vinyl coverings from the challenger without any issue.

Removed the clear vinyl from our 2012 JGC right after delivery with no issue.

Many vinyl wrap an entire car very soon after delivery and not peel it off for years without issue.

If the paint was good to begin with, you should be fine, just wax it thoroughly afterward.
__________________
---PAST---
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8


---PRESENT---
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD (~ 500HP)
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 (400RWHP)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (Mostly Stock)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-13-2015, 07:57 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 720
SacsTC is on a distinguished road
Re: Got an FYI surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogle View Post
LEAVE IT ON YOU WILL LOVE IT. I have a 2015 TH with every option, Black. I have had many compliments on the look, Hood decal and black wheels.

We also ordered the black wheels, but we both think it destroys the look of the paint job. On any other color, it would probably be left on, but not on the Black.

Daniel 454... Our plan was to run the car over to one of Sacramentos better wrap shops and see what they say as soon as the car comes in.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-13-2015, 08:05 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mo
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
jrs15jeep is on a distinguished road
Re: Got an FYI surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacsTC View Post
yesterday when we finally went in and ordered our 2015 TH. We had been thinking about ordering for roughly a year now, and knew which options we wanted on the vehicle. My wife had worked for CDJR for 2 years so we had researched quite a bit on problems, etc.

Anyway, we did NOT want the decal on the hood. Did not particularly like it on any color, but definitely not on the Black Crystal Pearl Coat.

As of January 1, 2015, you cannot order a TH without that junk on the hood. It is still shown as an "Option", on web Build and Price, also in the 2015 brochure, also shows as an option on the window sticker, but now it is required. We sat at the order desk and told them to delete it, but your dealer cannot do that anymore. We also contacted the area rep and she called her boss, but to no avail....

Has anyone tried to have it removed after delivery?? I'm worried what trying to remove it will do to fresh paint.
We ordered one the 12th of December. Like you I had been researching for quite a while. Had the same problem, could not order without the decal. At first I thought he just didn't know what he was doing. Looked around on internet and some people have taken them off with no problems. We started out with the Billet Silver and then wife changed her mine to red. I think we are just going to leave it on. I think if I was ordering black like you I might take it off too.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Daniel454's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 213
Thanks: 33
Thanked 59 Times in 39 Posts
Rep Power: 72267
Daniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel454 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Got an FYI surprise

I don't think you will have any problems.
__________________
---PAST---
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8


---PRESENT---
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD (~ 500HP)
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 (400RWHP)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (Mostly Stock)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 720
SacsTC is on a distinguished road
Re: Got an FYI surprise

jrs15,,

Both dealers we went to were quite surprised.. The first one said the order screen actually had a delete button for the option but was not responding. After 6 days of waiting for him to figure out what he was doing wrong and not answering e-mails or phone calls we decided to go elsewhere as he just was non-responsive.

Second dealer we went to my wife knew the manager and several of the sales staff so they had no problem with us actually going in and sitting down at the desk while the order was placed. They were just as surprised as the first guy, but at least tried to find out what was going on. The delete option is no longer on the order system. It states that it is "Required"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-13-2015, 08:52 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mo
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
jrs15jeep is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: Got an FYI surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacsTC View Post
jrs15,,

Both dealers we went to were quite surprised.. The first one said the order screen actually had a delete button for the option but was not responding. After 6 days of waiting for him to figure out what he was doing wrong and not answering e-mails or phone calls we decided to go elsewhere as he just was non-responsive.

Second dealer we went to my wife knew the manager and several of the sales staff so they had no problem with us actually going in and sitting down at the desk while the order was placed. They were just as surprised as the first guy, but at least tried to find out what was going on. The delete option is no longer on the order system. It states that it is "Required"
Hard telling whats going on. Either they just have a flaw in the ordering system or maybe they want the Trailhawks to stand out and made the change. You would think they they would've taken it off the option list and just changed the MSRP a little. Can't blame the dealer the way it looks. Our dealer got on the good side with the wife last week. She changed her mind on the color 3 1/2 weeks after they ordered it and they were able to get it changed.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-13-2015, 09:05 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 720
SacsTC is on a distinguished road
Re: Got an FYI surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs15jeep View Post
Hard telling whats going on. Either they just have a flaw in the ordering system or maybe they want the Trailhawks to stand out and made the change. You would think they they would've taken it off the option list and just changed the MSRP a little. Can't blame the dealer the way it looks. Our dealer got on the good side with the wife last week. She changed her mind on the color 3 1/2 weeks after they ordered it and they were able to get it changed.

I don't blame the dealer at all. The first dealer, as I said, was non-responsive to all e-mails and phone calls. Second dealer, after calling area rep and her calling her boss because she had not heard of the change either, got to the bottom of the problem. If it had not been an option in 2014 and also the early 2015 models and them not letting their dealers know of the change, there would have been no questions.

I was just trying to let other people that may be ordering know that this "$200 option" is no longer an "Option"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-13-2015, 10:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1130
Straykat is on a distinguished road
Re: Got an FYI surprise

I've bought two jeeps from the same Fleet sales guy in the East Bay. Terrific guy. He placed my order in late November without the decal. When the build sheet came out with the decal, he called Jeep and was told it was a mandatory option ; ). He subtracted the cost from an already terrific price. Picked the car up yesterday. The decal doesn't really bother me one way or the other.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-13-2015, 10:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1130
Straykat is on a distinguished road
Re: Got an FYI surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs15jeep View Post
Hard telling whats going on. Either they just have a flaw in the ordering system or maybe they want the Trailhawks to stand out and made the change. You would think they they would've taken it off the option list and just changed the MSRP a little. Can't blame the dealer the way it looks. Our dealer got on the good side with the wife last week. She changed her mind on the color 3 1/2 weeks after they ordered it and they were able to get it changed.
Just surmise, but at 200 clams that decal must be the highest margin piece of the build. It is about 75 cents worth of plastic.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-13-2015, 10:11 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mo
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
jrs15jeep is on a distinguished road
Re: Got an FYI surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straykat View Post
Just surmise, but at 200 clams that decal must be the highest margin piece of the build. It is about 75 cents worth of plastic.
I was thinking the same thing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got a "LOUD" surprise when taking delivery! THEPRFCT10 Audio/Visual/Navigation 4 11-02-2011 07:07 AM
Auto Start pleasant surprise Anand Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 17 12-05-2010 03:07 PM
A Big Bad Surprise.... Jaster386 Interior/Exterior/Visual 3 10-03-2010 03:17 PM
Delivery and surprise!! alretired Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 26 09-29-2010 10:49 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.