Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > 2014+ Cherokee-KL

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Novi, MI
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 809
dcar335i is on a distinguished road
Re: Jeep Cherokee Questions

I would like to see Jeep do a better job marketing the accessories availalbe for their vehicle. There is of course ton's of stuff out there but to see more of a focused message coming from Chrysler would be great, especially with a new vehicle platform. My 2014 GC is my first Jeep but I found the information on the 14's very lacking (no brocures at dealership's, Jeep web site never sent me information as requested, Mopar site lacking 2014 info, etc).

This site was my #1 source of information and the main reason I have a Jeep today. Thanks everyone for your contribution!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 506
judsonpitt has a reputation beyond reputejudsonpitt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeep Cherokee Questions

Tyler, great info! Thanks for responding in this thread with meaningful information. Keep it coming, we are all hungry for more.

I had another question about the sunroof's available. I saw pictures of what looks like a cloth roof that opened up all the way to the rear of the back seats. On jeep.com website they talk about the "command view" sunroof which is glass. Will there be 2 different options?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L KL
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 211
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 758
Q Tech has a reputation beyond reputeQ Tech has a reputation beyond reputeQ Tech has a reputation beyond reputeQ Tech has a reputation beyond reputeQ Tech has a reputation beyond reputeQ Tech has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeep Cherokee Questions

1) Is June 5th still the date that dealers should be able to officially place my order?
2) If I finalize a deal on the 5th and the dealer places the order on the fifth about how long should it take to build and deliver my Cherokee?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 506
judsonpitt has a reputation beyond reputejudsonpitt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeep Cherokee Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q Tech View Post
1) Is June 5th still the date that dealers should be able to officially place my order?
2) If I finalize a deal on the 5th and the dealer places the order on the fifth about how long should it take to build and deliver my Cherokee?
Are you really planning to buy one without driving it first? Or do you think the dealers will have a couple to drive on or about the 5th of June?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L KL
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 211
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 758
Q Tech has a reputation beyond reputeQ Tech has a reputation beyond reputeQ Tech has a reputation beyond reputeQ Tech has a reputation beyond reputeQ Tech has a reputation beyond reputeQ Tech has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeep Cherokee Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by judsonpitt View Post
Are you really planning to buy one without driving it first? Or do you think the dealers will have a couple to drive on or about the 5th of June?
I'm 99 percent sure there won't be anything at the dealers on the fifth other than packaging and pricing information. I know it seems crazy to purchase a vehicle without seeing or driving one however I've been put a great deal of thought into it. I have been looking at all different vehicles basically ever since I purchased my Wrangler Unlimited is I knew it wasn't something I would be keeping for a long time. I've driven pretty much everything out there and weighed the pros and cons of each. I'm very confident that this new offering from Jeep is the right match for me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lake Orion, MI
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 449
gvsmitty19 is on a distinguished road
Re: Jeep Cherokee Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by judsonpitt View Post
I had another question about the sunroof's available. I saw pictures of what looks like a cloth roof that opened up all the way to the rear of the back seats. On jeep.com website they talk about the "command view" sunroof which is glass. Will there be 2 different options?
I noticed that too. Only one option listed on Jeep's website right now (Command View Panoramic Sunroof).

I sure hope that the Sky Slider canvas retractable roof is another option because that's the one I want. I've seen it mentioned in numerous articles. I'm starting to think it may only be available on the Trailhawk.

My only other questions are: price, price, and let's see... price!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 506
judsonpitt has a reputation beyond reputejudsonpitt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q Tech View Post

I'm 99 percent sure there won't be anything at the dealers on the fifth other than packaging and pricing information. I know it seems crazy to purchase a vehicle without seeing or driving one however I've been put a great deal of thought into it. I have been looking at all different vehicles basically ever since I purchased my Wrangler Unlimited is I knew it wasn't something I would be keeping for a long time. I've driven pretty much everything out there and weighed the pros and cons of each. I'm very confident that this new offering from Jeep is the right match for me.
Yikes, I'm 99% sure this will meet my needs too but will have to drive it first... I guess if you know you know. I do think this will crush the competition, which sounds like you are already able to confirm. I say go for it!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 506
judsonpitt has a reputation beyond reputejudsonpitt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsmitty19 View Post

I noticed that too. Only one option listed on Jeep's website right now (Command View Panoramic Sunroof).

I sure hope that the Sky Slider canvas retractable roof is another option because that's the one I want. I've seen it mentioned in numerous articles. I'm starting to think it may only be available on the Trailhawk.

My only other questions are: price, price, and let's see... price!
Good call on the trail hawk only option. I bet you're right.

I have a guess on price and I am concerned. My only hope is that they need to stay under the GC. I bet a loaded trail hawk hits $40k.
*edit*. Which is more costly? Trailhawk or Limited?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-23-2013, 07:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lake Orion, MI
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 449
gvsmitty19 is on a distinguished road
Re: Jeep Cherokee Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by judsonpitt View Post
I have a guess on price and I am concerned. My only hope is that they need to stay under the GC. I bet a loaded trail hawk hits $40k.
*edit*. Which is more costly? Trailhawk or Limited?
I hope not. Hopefully, it's not priced like the Patriot... "starting at $15,000"... but if you want anything half decent, it's like an automatic $5,000-$7,000 more.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 506
judsonpitt has a reputation beyond reputejudsonpitt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeep Cherokee Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsmitty19 View Post
I hope not. Hopefully, it's not priced like the Patriot... "starting at $15,000"... but if you want anything half decent, it's like an automatic $5,000-$7,000 more.
TruckTrend made a bunch of assumptions that turned out to be relatively spot on. On the price side they came in at $25-$38 then dropped $2K on both. Maybe the Limited ends up topping out at $36 and the Trailhawk comes in around $33-$34? We'll see...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lake Orion, MI
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 449
gvsmitty19 is on a distinguished road
Re: Jeep Cherokee Questions

I'm hoping for a nicely equipped Cherokee (standard base model) that starts at $22,500 to directly compete against the wildly popular Ford Escape.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 506
judsonpitt has a reputation beyond reputejudsonpitt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeep Cherokee Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsmitty19 View Post
I'm hoping for a nicely equipped Cherokee (standard base model) that starts at $22,500 to directly compete against the wildly popular Ford Escape.
Sounds like you will be in the ballpark. I just built a loaded Escape for the fun of it and it was almost $37K... yikes!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2wd Grand Cherokee Questions Gn300 Suspension Modifications 7 01-26-2014 06:56 PM
2013 Grand cherokee questions Oalco Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts 4 05-22-2013 08:34 AM
Questions About the VES and Factory Stereo on the 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited nalhutta Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 0 05-09-2013 05:06 PM
New 2011/12 Grand Cherokee Questions Simon762 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 3 08-03-2011 04:08 AM
My Grand Cherokee Limited CRD and a few questions... RossC Grand Cherokee - WK 8 01-17-2011 04:12 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community