Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #3649  
Old 10-03-2013, 04:09 AM
nautiboy's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 401
Thanks: 44
Thanked 112 Times in 60 Posts
Rep Power: 1178
nautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post

The recall is not related to anything to do with the Diesel Conversation at the moment except the statement following.

The "software" that may be needed to load to correct "lights" in the display can be loaded at the dealer and would be part of the pre-delivery on any JGC as is always done with Recalls on SOLD units. Just means there is nothing really to think about, It will apply to a certain VIN range and anything that was not done at the factory will be done by the dealer.

** Just keep the Recall and the Diesel Conversation Separate as it won't affect Diesel buyers as long as the fix for the RECALL is released before the Diesels **

Any better??
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyboy_711 View Post
Close, but no cigar.. But very close.

But just look at it like this, some people will have a headstart in shipping when the coveted 'KZ' shows up, as none of those cars are coming back to JNAP. They just need a lil attention.
I still feel confuzzled, but maybe I'm just over-thinking things. It feels like I'm back in operations research doing linear programming. We seem to have a number of different statements/constraints and I'm trying to find the optimum of all the statements simultaneously.

If I've understood/followed-along correctly, these statements have been made:

1) There was a diesel-specific issue found and it was probably (though not definitely) addressed on the line for builds after last thursday. This also seems to require some type of update/fix to the vehicles built before the issue was addressed on the line.

2) The current diesel hold-up is not due to anything that needs to be fixed

3) The current diesel hold-up is not related to the recall

4) There might be a fix that needs to be done (related to the recall?), but it can be done at the dealer if it's not done at the plant.

4.a) If the fix for 4 is not ready before the "non-fix related holdup" then it sounds like they might hold up the diesels until that fix is ready, though it sounds like the fix is expected to be ready before the non-fix-related issue so is probably not going to be holding things up. (a little bit of conjecture/interpretation here on my part)

With all of those statements, I'm practically back to my original conjecture, but maybe I'll try tweaking it a little. The thing that's holding up the diesels is not fix-related. There was/is something that needs to be fixed and they won't release the diesels until the fix is available, but they may not fix all of them before they're shipped, some may need to be updated by the dealer.

The only other guess I can come up with complicates things even more, and that would be that there are 3 things, not 2. Still a non-fix issue that's the main hold-up, also something found that was fixed on the line and vehicles that went through before the line was fixed are being sent to an off-site location for the fix/update, and finally an update required that's related to the recall though that won't affect the release of the diesels unless the fix isn't ready before the non-fix issue is resolved.

I think my head hurts even more ....
__________________

__________________
Overland 4x4 EcoDiesel, Deep Cherry/Light Frost, ORA-II, Adv Tech

Reply With Quote
  #3650  
Old 10-03-2013, 04:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 158
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 552
new2jeepsa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautiboy View Post

I still feel confuzzled, but maybe I'm just over-thinking things. It feels like I'm back in operations research doing linear programming. We seem to have a number of different statements/constraints and I'm trying to find the optimum of all the statements simultaneously.

If I've understood/followed-along correctly, these statements have been made:

1) There was a diesel-specific issue found and it was probably (though not definitely) addressed on the line for builds after last thursday. This also seems to require some type of update/fix to the vehicles built before the issue was addressed on the line.

2) The current diesel hold-up is not due to anything that needs to be fixed

3) The current diesel hold-up is not related to the recall

4) There might be a fix that needs to be done (related to the recall?), but it can be done at the dealer if it's not done at the plant.

4.a) If the fix for 4 is not ready before the "non-fix related holdup" then it sounds like they might hold up the diesels until that fix is ready, though it sounds like the fix is expected to be ready before the non-fix-related issue so is probably not going to be holding things up. (a little bit of conjecture/interpretation here on my part)

With all of those statements, I'm practically back to my original conjecture, but maybe I'll try tweaking it a little. The thing that's holding up the diesels is not fix-related. There was/is something that needs to be fixed and they won't release the diesels until the fix is available, but they may not fix all of them before they're shipped, some may need to be updated by the dealer.

The only other guess I can come up with complicates things even more, and that would be that there are 3 things, not 2. Still a non-fix issue that's the main hold-up, also something found that was fixed on the line and vehicles that went through before the line was fixed are being sent to an off-site location for the fix/update, and finally an update required that's related to the recall though that won't affect the release of the diesels unless the fix isn't ready before the non-fix issue is resolved.

I think my head hurts even more ....
JGC Diesel release date is like a teenagers facebook relationship status "it's complicated"
__________________

__________________
2014 Jeep Limited CRD
soon to have b/g twins on board
Reply With Quote
  #3651  
Old 10-03-2013, 04:29 AM
nautiboy's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 401
Thanks: 44
Thanked 112 Times in 60 Posts
Rep Power: 1178
nautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond reputenautiboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2jeepsa View Post
JGC Diesel release date is like a teenagers facebook relationship status "it's complicated"
Indeed!

It's also clear that some of us seem to resort to a bit of mental masturbation as we wait for the coveted kz diesel.
__________________
Overland 4x4 EcoDiesel, Deep Cherry/Light Frost, ORA-II, Adv Tech

Reply With Quote
  #3652  
Old 10-03-2013, 04:34 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Near Brisbane
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 398
ac_cobra is on a distinguished road

You guys are going to love them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ac_cobra For This Useful Post:
  #3653  
Old 10-03-2013, 04:40 AM
Milous's Avatar
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nottsure, Wair
Posts: 6,354
Thanks: 33
Thanked 1,997 Times in 879 Posts
Rep Power: 2392310
Milous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

nautiboy,

1. Incorrect
2. Correct
3. Correct
4. Incorrect
4a. Incorrect
5. Unknown
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3654  
Old 10-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Milous's Avatar
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nottsure, Wair
Posts: 6,354
Thanks: 33
Thanked 1,997 Times in 879 Posts
Rep Power: 2392310
Milous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milous For This Useful Post:
  #3655  
Old 10-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Chivvalry's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cranberry Twp, PA
Posts: 1,097
Thanks: 181
Thanked 132 Times in 75 Posts
Rep Power: 81070
Chivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
I can hear the music.... LOL
__________________
2014 GC Limited CRD Max Steel/Black LuxII ORAII RA4

11/13/13 MINE!! ALL MINE!!!



Reply With Quote
  #3656  
Old 10-03-2013, 06:15 AM
JustinB60's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 238
Thanks: 36
Thanked 32 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 1111
JustinB60 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm1504 View Post
Congrats. We are having a boy (our first) in January. We are having trouble with a name. How about you guys?
Yea same here... We decided to wait on thinking about that until we found out boy or girl. Now the work starts on that front!
__________________
Ordered 8/10/13:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Diesel 3.0L | Luxury II Pckg | Tow Pckg | Engine Block Heater
Reply With Quote
  #3657  
Old 10-03-2013, 07:17 AM
1973Commando's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Land O' Lakes, FL
Posts: 604
Thanks: 33
Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 1518
1973Commando has a reputation beyond repute1973Commando has a reputation beyond repute1973Commando has a reputation beyond repute1973Commando has a reputation beyond repute1973Commando has a reputation beyond repute1973Commando has a reputation beyond repute1973Commando has a reputation beyond repute1973Commando has a reputation beyond repute1973Commando has a reputation beyond repute1973Commando has a reputation beyond repute1973Commando has a reputation beyond repute
I would have ordered the HEMI if I thought almost two months later we were going to be here. One good thing, if it doesn't get shipped by the 16th, I will not need a new car until June. I will also be driving a 45" bus for my main vehicle for two weeks though, as I have sold the car dolly for towing my car. I could go buy a Ford today and my problems regarding this will be behind me.

How many people have given up? 90% of built buyers have been told by Jeep there cars are inspection for weeks. No jeepgarage info for them. (Though it's hard to call what we have heard lately as info). All we really know is, "there is a steady stream of things that prevents shipping indefinitely". Looks like my iPhone beat the race, it shipped today. Since I won't be home to get that it will go back though.
__________________
______________________________________
My Jeep:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4 | Black, Inside and Out
5.7 liter HEMI | ORAII | Advanced Technology Package(w/ stop)

Reply With Quote
  #3658  
Old 10-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Jim_in_PA's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SE PA (central Bucks County)
Posts: 1,507
Thanks: 239
Thanked 53 Times in 42 Posts
Rep Power: 3473
Jim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by awindj View Post

I have to either rent a car or be nice to my wife.,
Or both, but certainly the second one is an absolutely requirement!
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit - Winter Chill with New Saddle interior. 5.7L HEMI V8



Day-job...Telecom Technical Sales
Avocations...Woodworking, Equestrian, Food
Reply With Quote
  #3659  
Old 10-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 854 Times in 468 Posts
Rep Power: 1927028
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973Commando View Post
All we really know is, "there is a steady stream of things that prevents shipping indefinitely".
In the words of Robin Williams (His Scottish Personality) "and they put a flag up there to give you a wee bit of HOPE"

There "were" a number of reasons they didn't ship, There is now one reason why they are not shipping. There have been no reasons added and certainly the current recall status won't affect your delivery time by more than 1 hour to be exact.

So it isn't recalls, it isn't defects, it isn't marketing and it isn't anything that you even care about, but it will be resolved.

Milous and I will keep an eye on the situation as well as I will keep an eye on your vehicle.

__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willx For This Useful Post:
  #3660  
Old 10-03-2013, 09:16 AM
mazster43's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 269
Thanks: 56
Thanked 52 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 71330
mazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post

In the words of Robin Williams (His Scottish Personality) "and they put a flag up there to give you a wee bit of HOPE"

There "were" a number of reasons they didn't ship, There is now one reason why they are not shipping. There have been no reasons added and certainly the current recall status won't affect your delivery time by more than 1 hour to be exact.

So it isn't recalls, it isn't defects, it isn't marketing and it isn't anything that you even care about, but it will be resolved.

Milous and I will keep an eye on the situation as well as I will keep an eye on your vehicle.

Will, after they ship can you explain why they were held up? Morbid curiosity is getting to us. If saying why jeopardizes you or anyone for any reason then skip it. Wouldn't any repercussions to affect you.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
3.0 crd, 3.0 ecodiesel, 3.0 grand cherokee, crd, ecodiesel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cheapest 2014 Diesel You Can Get Trailpixie Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 28 09-06-2013 11:44 PM
2014 Diesel Question JABEACHFANZ Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 34 04-10-2013 11:23 AM
2014 Diesel bootleg23 Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 27 03-21-2013 02:17 AM
2014 diesel offroad test LJS8510 Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 5 02-26-2013 10:59 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community