Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #5089  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Shannon's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lakeville, MN
Posts: 1,308
Thanks: 222
Thanked 177 Times in 106 Posts
Rep Power: 9754
Shannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Pillo View Post
I received an email from what I consider to be a reliable source. Here is an excerpt:


"We are awaiting clearance from the homologating body which is now expected on October 25th. This is needed prior to shipment of your car. "

So, it looks like we'll know something on Monday, unless they load and ship over the weekend.
I guarantee everyone here that the comment above comes from an incredibly reliable source. This can be taken as the "gospel according to Jeep" Hopefully see shipping in the next week - but definitely nothing till at least 10/25.
__________________

__________________
SFU: : 2014 Overland 4X4 EcoDiesel, Billet Silver/Black. ORAII, Adv Tech, Engine Heater, 2000 coats of paint
Picked up 11/14


Current Ride:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Ecodiesel
2007 Wrangler (wife's ride)
2008 20' Four Winns bow rider speed boat
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shannon For This Useful Post:
  #5090  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 205
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 2049
Hammerhead has a reputation beyond reputeHammerhead has a reputation beyond reputeHammerhead has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

As of today, the Jeep web site still lists the origianl torque and horsepower numbers listed at 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel V-6 First Drive – Review – Car and Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
From the VM Motori page:
"The L version of the 3L V6 has been specifically developed to meet the challenging emission norms of North America market (NAFTA) and provides 177 kW power and 570 Nm torque." &
"NOTE: in order to meet specific vehicle requirements and specifications, performance de-rating is possible."
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5091  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:40 PM
J Pillo's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 142
Thanks: 7
Thanked 43 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 751
J Pillo has a reputation beyond reputeJ Pillo has a reputation beyond reputeJ Pillo has a reputation beyond reputeJ Pillo has a reputation beyond reputeJ Pillo has a reputation beyond reputeJ Pillo has a reputation beyond reputeJ Pillo has a reputation beyond reputeJ Pillo has a reputation beyond reputeJ Pillo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
From the VM Motori page: "The L version of the 3L V6 has been specifically developed to meet the challenging emission norms of North America market (NAFTA) and provides 177 kW power and 570 Nm torque." & "NOTE: in order to meet specific vehicle requirements and specifications, performance de-rating is possible."

http://www.jeeppress-europe.com/press/article/10992

This link has an article explains there are two versions of the same engine - one @ 177kW the other @ 140kW (190hp) this must be where the confusion is coming from. I agree it is unlikely that we will see a 'de-tuning'.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5092  
Old 10-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 38
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 712
eagle3203 is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, I just put my order in for an ecodiesel summit so I'll be joining you all in the wait. Since I'm getting a late start unlike you all, how long do you think it would take for my vehicle to at least be produced? To my understanding there is some way you're all able to track the progress of your builds. Would anyone like to fill me in on how I should be "patiently" following this SFU's every movement?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5093  
Old 10-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Vtail's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 548
Thanks: 19
Thanked 101 Times in 61 Posts
Rep Power: 1424
Vtail has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Pillo View Post
http://www.jeeppress-europe.com/press/article/10992 This link has an article explains there are two versions of the same engine - one @ 177kW the other @ 140kW (190hp) this must be where the confusion is coming from. I agree it is unlikely that we will see a 'de-tuning'.
Interesting that in that article it says they will be offering a lower power version (190hp) on the Laredo to provide a lower price point alternative. Wonder if it will ever make to the states?? An entry level diesel could do well here as the competition doesn't have one in that price range. The date on the article was 2011 so this should have already happened in Europe.
__________________
Current garage/hangar:
2014 Grand Cherokee Summit EcoDiesel Cherry Red w/Jeep Brown interior
2011 John Deere 1023E diesel tractor
2009 Jetta TDI (better half's ride)
2007 Harley Softail Deluxe
1966 Beechcraft Bonanza "V-tail"
1930 Ford Model A - restoration in process
Reply With Quote
  #5094  
Old 10-22-2013, 10:36 PM
torifile's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 633
Thanks: 27
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 1316957
torifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond repute
Meanwhile, I am happily driving my hemi. In several years, when I'm ready to move on from it, all the kinks of the CRD production will have been worked out.

With the differential between gas and diesel prices right now (standing at $.60/gallon here), it doesn't make a lot of financial sense to go with the diesel.
__________________
Current: 2014 Overland. V8. 4x4. Black on black.
SOLD! 2010 BMW 335d.
Reply With Quote
  #5095  
Old 10-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Vtail's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 548
Thanks: 19
Thanked 101 Times in 61 Posts
Rep Power: 1424
Vtail has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle3203 View Post
Hey guys, I just put my order in for an ecodiesel summit so I'll be joining you all in the wait. Since I'm getting a late start unlike you all, how long do you think it would take for my vehicle to at least be produced? To my understanding there is some way you're all able to track the progress of your builds. Would anyone like to fill me in on how I should be "patiently" following this SFU's every movement?
I think 6-8 weeks is what is normally quoted for building and shipping. I'm guessing by the info here that by the time your's is built they will be shipping the diesels. Send your VON from the dealer via PM to Milous and he'll add you to the tracking on MOTS (Milous Order Tracking System) vs VOTS which is the Jeep version. MOTS really shines once the vehicle is released and provides detailed tracking through the entire shipping process. Level 4 membership will get you a custom build sheet for your vehicle. Keep your eyes on this thread and you'll be among the first to find out when they are released.
__________________
Current garage/hangar:
2014 Grand Cherokee Summit EcoDiesel Cherry Red w/Jeep Brown interior
2011 John Deere 1023E diesel tractor
2009 Jetta TDI (better half's ride)
2007 Harley Softail Deluxe
1966 Beechcraft Bonanza "V-tail"
1930 Ford Model A - restoration in process
Reply With Quote
  #5096  
Old 10-22-2013, 10:44 PM
padgett's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 80158
padgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

That is a press release: "The low-output version of the turbo diesel engine will be standard on Laredo models (optional on Limited). Creating a more affordable entry point to the new Jeep Gramd Cherokee lineup. This will allow Grand Cherokee to meet a wider potential market in Europe."

I have seen that sort of thing before & suspect that the "low power" version will not have a turbo. A 30% drop in peak power is about what I would expect from a N/A diesel of the same configuration. Would have about the same peak fuel economy since at cruise the boost drops way off & could kick the CR up a few points but probably be able to be priced a few K$ less.

ps if I really wanted to know what is going on I'd try calling a few people.
Reply With Quote
  #5097  
Old 10-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 38
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 712
eagle3203 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtail View Post
I think 6-8 weeks is what is normally quoted for building and shipping. I'm guessing by the info here that by the time your's is built they will be shipping the diesels. Send your VON from the dealer via PM to Milous and he'll add you to the tracking on MOTS (Milous Order Tracking System) vs VOTS which is the Jeep version. MOTS really shines once the vehicle is released and provides detailed tracking through the entire shipping process. Level 4 membership will get you a custom build sheet for your vehicle. Keep your eyes on this thread and you'll be among the first to find out when they are released.
Ok I'll do that, thanks. When should I be getting this VON, from the dealer, and will this VOTS/MOTS be an actual program or site that I go to, or is it another thread on this forum? You better believe I have already been watching this thread a lot. It's addicting. I did the same thing when I got my Camaro SS.. it's like torture.. or rather bitter-sweet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5098  
Old 10-23-2013, 12:40 AM
Shannon's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lakeville, MN
Posts: 1,308
Thanks: 222
Thanked 177 Times in 106 Posts
Rep Power: 9754
Shannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle3203 View Post
Ok I'll do that, thanks. When should I be getting this VON, from the dealer, and will this VOTS/MOTS be an actual program or site that I go to, or is it another thread on this forum? You better believe I have already been watching this thread a lot. It's addicting. I did the same thing when I got my Camaro SS.. it's like torture.. or rather bitter-sweet.
Go to the home page here, and upgrade your membership to get access to MOTS. Become a level 3 to get the tracking, or a level 4 to also get a build sheet for your Jeep when it is built. Welcome to the forum and good luck keeping your sanity thru this obsession.
__________________
SFU: : 2014 Overland 4X4 EcoDiesel, Billet Silver/Black. ORAII, Adv Tech, Engine Heater, 2000 coats of paint
Picked up 11/14


Current Ride:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Ecodiesel
2007 Wrangler (wife's ride)
2008 20' Four Winns bow rider speed boat
Reply With Quote
  #5099  
Old 10-23-2013, 12:51 AM
chevyboy_711's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,244
Thanks: 209
Thanked 503 Times in 176 Posts
Rep Power: 5717
chevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

Ok guys and gals, this guy here just hit a gold mine.. I feel like an idiot for not trying this person sooner. VERY knowledgable source (untapped up until now) just spilled the beans. We're ALL off base.. Which pisses me off bc that means my other connects have all been giving me bad info. Albeit different info, but still incorrect. Or maybe they didn't know either. But I've been hunting, cause this will probably be my last launch.

Anyway, it's so flippin simple. I probably overlooked it a million times. And so did the guys who came last week! And Marlon! Smh.. He should've known this one!

Obviously I'm being vague bc I can't speak to what the deal is. Not even a little bit. But it has NOTHING to do with a retune/flash, logistics, etc. Nothing previously discussed here. It's not even the same thing I spoke abt a couple weeks ago which is done. It's so blatant I feel so dumb. ALL I will say is, they WILL be shipping soon. I promise. And I don't make many promises. Oh, and don't be surprised if some of the later builds get KZ'd first. That's ALL I can say.

Edit: And I knew they know their stuff, one bc it's partly their job to know, but also bc they plainly said, "there were some other things, but..." which coincides with what I already know and what has already been addressed. Even here. AND the fact that they weren't willing to talk about the other things (even to me) bc they're much more sensitive. They just didn't know that I already know. But it lends credibility to what they were willing to say. And it's easily verifiable.
__________________
Former JNAP 'World-class' body builder, and JeepGarage informant.

"In life you have two options. You can work toward your dreams, or you can work to fulfill someone else's. You choose."
Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chevyboy_711 For This Useful Post:
  #5100  
Old 10-23-2013, 01:21 AM
EcoDieselV6's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: California
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 427
EcoDieselV6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyboy_711 View Post
Ok guys and gals, this guy here just hit a gold mine.. I feel like an idiot for not trying this person sooner. VERY knowledgable source (untapped up until now) just spilled the beans. We're ALL off base.. Which pisses me off bc that means my other connects have all been giving me bad info. Albeit different info, but still incorrect. Or maybe they didn't know either. But I've been hunting, cause this will probably be my last launch. Anyway, it's so flippin simple. I probably overlooked it a million times. And so did the guys who came last week! And Marlon! Smh.. He should've known this one! Obviously I'm being vague bc I can't speak to what the deal is. Not even a little bit. But it has NOTHING to do with a retune/flash, logistics, etc. Nothing previously discussed here. It's not even the same thing I spoke abt a couple weeks ago which is done. It's so blatant I feel so dumb. ALL I will say is, they WILL be shipping soon. I promise. And I don't make many promises. Oh, and don't be surprised if some of the later builds get KZ'd first. That's ALL I can say.
Ah...I want more info. I wish we could get everyone in a room together. Really I just want to pull up to a gas station and pickup a green handle fuel pump slide that baby right in. ;-)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
3.0 crd, 3.0 ecodiesel, 3.0 grand cherokee, crd, ecodiesel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cheapest 2014 Diesel You Can Get Trailpixie Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 28 09-06-2013 11:44 PM
2014 Diesel Question JABEACHFANZ Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 34 04-10-2013 11:23 AM
2014 Diesel bootleg23 Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 27 03-21-2013 02:17 AM
2014 diesel offroad test LJS8510 Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 5 02-26-2013 10:59 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community