Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #8545  
Old 01-02-2014, 01:08 PM
fun2drive's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida Panhandle/ Ohio
Posts: 497
Thanks: 14
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 1171
fun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

I am a long time driver of diesels and the ZF 8 spd transmission with the torque band of the diesel is excellent.
I am confident the teething issues are over and frankly life provides no guarantee's but then again I live my life on the edge, I actually buy things that Consumer Reports doesn't always like. I can make my own decisions and frankly what vehicle out there will not go 100K miles with a couple oil changes.

Jeep has a winner here and with the same transmission and engine in the Ram 1500 they will sell them out over the gassers as most of the guys I know that buy the Dodge want a diesel but the Cummings is overkill for the 1/2 ton.

Life is too short to not enjoy somethings it offers. I don't drink or smoke so what else is left but spending money on something you spend a LOT of time in. My SO doesn't get it (diesel costs more to buy and more per gallon) but will be happy to drive it so I guess that is as close as approval as I am going to get...
__________________

__________________
Overland Deep Cherry Red/ LT Biege Inter/ Diesel/ ATG
Reply With Quote
  #8546  
Old 01-02-2014, 01:17 PM
wraab's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 183
Thanks: 14
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 474
wraab is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
Life is too short to not enjoy somethings it offers. I don't drink or smoke so what else is left but spending money on something you spend a LOT of time in. My SO doesn't get it (diesel costs more to buy and more per gallon) but will be happy to drive it so I guess that is as close as approval as I am going to get...
Here, here!
I do drink and occasionally smoke a cigar, but otherwise most of my money goes to my dogs. I've been in the same car for almost 9 years (and she'll become my garage queen as soon as I get the Jeep). So I bought what I wanted for the needs I have now and maybe don't have yet.

The "gas price" thing has never faded me because I've driven a car for almost 9 years that took 93 octane and here in Houston the diesel is less than 93 I've been filling up with. And we are all here buying a ~$50k car which means you shouldn't be worried about gas prices relatively speaking.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8547  
Old 01-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Crkwolf's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 74
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 690
Crkwolf is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraab View Post
The "gas price" thing has never faded me because I've driven a car for almost 9 years that took 93 octane and here in Houston the diesel is less than 93 I've been filling up with. And we are all here buying a ~$50k car which means you shouldn't be worried about gas prices relatively speaking.
Lol! So very true. I would just like to not have to stop at the gas station as often.
__________________

2014 Overland 4x4 EcoDiesel
Bright White, Nepal Light Frost and Jeep Brown
ORAII, ATG
All mine on 02-01-14
2014 Polar Edition Wrangler (Hubby's)
1996 Wrangler (Hubby's)
1942 Willy's Jeep (Hubby's)
Reply With Quote
  #8548  
Old 01-02-2014, 01:31 PM
wraab's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 183
Thanks: 14
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 474
wraab is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crkwolf View Post
Lol! So very true. I would just like to not have to stop at the gas station as often.

Amen! I hate getting gas.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8549  
Old 01-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 250
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 1137
crabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
I am a long time driver of diesels and the ZF 8 spd transmission with the torque band of the diesel is excellent.
I am confident the teething issues are over and frankly life provides no guarantee's but then again I live my life on the edge, I actually buy things that Consumer Reports doesn't always like. I can make my own decisions and frankly what vehicle out there will not go 100K miles with a couple oil changes.

Jeep has a winner here and with the same transmission and engine in the Ram 1500 they will sell them out over the gassers as most of the guys I know that buy the Dodge want a diesel but the Cummings is overkill for the 1/2 ton.

Life is too short to not enjoy somethings it offers. I don't drink or smoke so what else is left but spending money on something you spend a LOT of time in. My SO doesn't get it (diesel costs more to buy and more per gallon) but will be happy to drive it so I guess that is as close as approval as I am going to get...
I think most married men know that you don't really need approval, you just have to be able to attain forgiveness.
__________________
2014 Diesel Grand Cherokee
Reply With Quote
  #8550  
Old 01-02-2014, 03:48 PM
fun2drive's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida Panhandle/ Ohio
Posts: 497
Thanks: 14
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 1171
fun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

wraab
I see your ride is now in TX and something it said was placed at industry whatever that means.
Should only be a couple days so maybe the 4th after all?
__________________
Overland Deep Cherry Red/ LT Biege Inter/ Diesel/ ATG
Reply With Quote
  #8551  
Old 01-02-2014, 04:20 PM
wraab's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 183
Thanks: 14
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 474
wraab is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
wraab
I see your ride is now in TX and something it said was placed at industry whatever that means.
Should only be a couple days so maybe the 4th after all?
Yup - I've been going through that thread to see how long it takes from that point (spring,tx - westfield, industry...) to get to the dealer. I've become OCD about it now, since it's so close.

Looks like several made it in 2 days. I'm really hoping it's the 4th and not a Monday when I'd have to go deal with horrible traffic after work.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8552  
Old 01-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Crkwolf's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 74
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 690
Crkwolf is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
I think most married men know that you don't really need approval, you just have to be able to attain forgiveness.
Lol works with married women too.
__________________

2014 Overland 4x4 EcoDiesel
Bright White, Nepal Light Frost and Jeep Brown
ORAII, ATG
All mine on 02-01-14
2014 Polar Edition Wrangler (Hubby's)
1996 Wrangler (Hubby's)
1942 Willy's Jeep (Hubby's)
Reply With Quote
  #8553  
Old 01-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 250
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 1137
crabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond reputecrabman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crkwolf View Post
Lol works with married women too.
Doh!
__________________
2014 Diesel Grand Cherokee
Reply With Quote
  #8554  
Old 01-02-2014, 09:32 PM
fun2drive's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida Panhandle/ Ohio
Posts: 497
Thanks: 14
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 1171
fun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond reputefun2drive has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

wraab
I see a couple sitting where yours is sitting so it looks like there will be a caravan to River Oaks.
You said this was your 2nd Jeep this year with Mark?
What did you buy before?
Cheers
__________________
Overland Deep Cherry Red/ LT Biege Inter/ Diesel/ ATG
Reply With Quote
  #8555  
Old 01-03-2014, 01:30 AM
Shannon's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lakeville, MN
Posts: 1,322
Thanks: 222
Thanked 178 Times in 107 Posts
Rep Power: 9778
Shannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
wraab
I see a couple sitting where yours is sitting so it looks like there will be a caravan to River Oaks.
You said this was your 2nd Jeep this year with Mark?
What did you buy before?
Cheers
The Jeeps sitting 20 miles from River oaks. Could be delivered any time now.
__________________
SFU: : 2014 Overland 4X4 EcoDiesel, Billet Silver/Black. ORAII, Adv Tech, Engine Heater, 2000 coats of paint
Picked up 11/14


Current Ride:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Ecodiesel
2007 Wrangler (wife's ride)
2008 20' Four Winns bow rider speed boat
Reply With Quote
  #8556  
Old 01-03-2014, 07:06 AM
wraab's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 183
Thanks: 14
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 474
wraab is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 diesel production

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
wraab
I see a couple sitting where yours is sitting so it looks like there will be a caravan to River Oaks.
You said this was your 2nd Jeep this year with Mark?
What did you buy before?
Cheers
fun,
I hope that caravan leaves today!

In mid-2012 I bought the '12 v8 overland summit. I got rid of that and had been waiting to get another suv after taking care of other personnel issues.

I was all set to get the v8 for 2014 but as fate would have it, I went to the dealer to look at the new 14s and they had the diesels. I drove it and decided to order it the next day.

I loved my 2012 and hadn't found anything else that really piqued my interest in the range I wanted to spend.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
3.0 crd, 3.0 ecodiesel, 3.0 grand cherokee, crd, ecodiesel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cheapest 2014 Diesel You Can Get Trailpixie Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 28 09-06-2013 11:44 PM
2014 Diesel Question JABEACHFANZ Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 34 04-10-2013 11:23 AM
2014 Diesel bootleg23 Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 27 03-21-2013 02:17 AM
2014 diesel offroad test LJS8510 Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 5 02-26-2013 10:59 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community