Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #301  
Old 02-18-2014, 09:34 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 276
Diesel27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel27 View Post
I just put 200 miles on my new GC and spent most of saturday in service. On my way to the dealership to get the drivers door window control panel and module replaced because it shorted out somehow, the DEF service light came on. I let service know and there was nothing they could do because a certified diesel tech was not working saturday but they ensured me it was something minor with the pump and I can continue to drive it. On my way home a new message appeared stating service DEF car will not restart in 200 miles. Hopefully it will be fixed by end of day monday and ill let you know what the issue was. Other than these issues the jeep is great for the little I have been able to drive!
UPDATE: Woooo after two long weeks I finally have my Jeep back! The reason for delay was the service dept going back and forth with star engineering to diagnose the problem and to source the DEF injector. Upon replacing they discovered the original DEF injector was broken off, service nor I have any idea how that would have happened but they fixed it. I am getting excited about having it again and just in time for the snowstorm we had yesterday, the jeep handled great!
Additionally, the service tech informed me there will be a flash for the computers coming out very soon that might throw an SES light before the upgrade, this might fix some glitches that others were having.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 02-18-2014, 11:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 272
Colojeepguy is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 GC "EcoDiesel" OWNERS!!! Review..

Hi. I'm just wondering why many Jeep diesel owners go with the engine block heater. Are the glow plugs good enough or does the diesel not start well in cold climate w/o the heater? Also, if block heater requires 120V outlet, and coldest conditions are likely when parked outdoors, perhaps perched on a mountain peek in the winter, then block heater isn't going to help without outlet. Thanks.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 02-18-2014, 12:03 PM
Shannon's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lakeville, MN
Posts: 1,345
Thanks: 222
Thanked 181 Times in 110 Posts
Rep Power: 9824
Shannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 GC "EcoDiesel" OWNERS!!! Review..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colojeepguy View Post
Hi. I'm just wondering why many Jeep diesel owners go with the engine block heater. Are the glow plugs good enough or does the diesel not start well in cold climate w/o the heater? Also, if block heater requires 120V outlet, and coldest conditions are likely when parked outdoors, perhaps perched on a mountain peek in the winter, then block heater isn't going to help without outlet. Thanks.
It is a good idea to have, just in case. I live in Minnesota, and mine has started down to -25 without plugging in the block heater.
__________________
SFU: : 2014 Overland 4X4 EcoDiesel, Billet Silver/Black. ORAII, Adv Tech, Engine Heater, 2000 coats of paint
Picked up 11/14


Current Ride:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Ecodiesel
2007 Wrangler (wife's ride)
2008 20' Four Winns bow rider speed boat
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 02-18-2014, 12:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 285
jp6544 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colojeepguy View Post
Hi. I'm just wondering why many Jeep diesel owners go with the engine block heater. Are the glow plugs good enough or does the diesel not start well in cold climate w/o the heater? Also, if block heater requires 120V outlet, and coldest conditions are likely when parked outdoors, perhaps perched on a mountain peek in the winter, then block heater isn't going to help without outlet. Thanks.
It was on mine when I bought it and I didn't request it. Don't expect to need it in the south, but never know where you might live in the future.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 02-18-2014, 12:05 PM
Recon ZJ's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 1997 5.2L ZJ
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Surf City, USA
Posts: 90
Thanks: 1
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 629
Recon ZJ is on a distinguished road
Garage
Yep, what Shannon said. For $90 it's cheap backup in case I ever do need it.
__________________
___________
'14 WK2 Summit 3.0 EcoDiesel - Deep Auburn Pearlcoat/GC Brown
'97 GC Laredo - lifted, locked and loaded
'81 280ZX - p/t dd, weekend cruiser
'72 240Z - parked, needs everything
'02 Chevy S10 Xtreme - former dd - to be sold
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 02-18-2014, 12:21 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 276
Diesel27 is on a distinguished road
Im in Chicago and have not needed it in the cold weather we have had but I'm still going to pick it up just in case. I read in one of the threads you can get the cord for $55 somewhere but cant find it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 02-18-2014, 08:02 PM
beechjetdriver's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 105
Thanks: 43
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 657
beechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 GC "EcoDiesel" OWNERS!!! Review..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel27 View Post
UPDATE: Woooo after two long weeks I finally have my Jeep back! The reason for delay was the service dept going back and forth with star engineering to diagnose the problem and to source the DEF injector. Upon replacing they discovered the original DEF injector was broken off, service nor I have any idea how that would have happened but they fixed it. I am getting excited about having it again and just in time for the snowstorm we had yesterday, the jeep handled great!
Additionally, the service tech informed me there will be a flash for the computers coming out very soon that might throw an SES light before the upgrade, this might fix some glitches that others were having.
I may be mistaken but I believe you are the second member to report a broken DEF injector. Did your service dept show you where the injector was? I wonder if this component is in a vulnerable location, i.e., no skid plate protection?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 02-18-2014, 08:29 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 276
Diesel27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechjetdriver View Post
I may be mistaken but I believe you are the second member to report a broken DEF injector. Did your service dept show you where the injector was? I wonder if this component is in a vulnerable location, i.e., no skid plate protection?
I seen diagrams of where the injector is, not sure if they are correct but shows it on top of the exhaust just before the cat. They said possibly snow but i don't know if I believe that. I do not have skid plates and they are on my to-do list!
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel27 For This Useful Post:
  #309  
Old 02-18-2014, 10:15 PM
cwmccall's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 123
Thanks: 22
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 512
cwmccall has a reputation beyond reputecwmccall has a reputation beyond reputecwmccall has a reputation beyond reputecwmccall has a reputation beyond reputecwmccall has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel27 View Post
I seen diagrams of where the injector is, not sure if they are correct but shows it on top of the exhaust just before the cat. They said possibly snow but i don't know if I believe that. I do not have skid plates and they are on my to-do list!
DPF... No cats on diesels
__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited | Granite Crystal Metallic
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 02-18-2014, 11:02 PM
ExcursionDiesel's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: W. TN.
Posts: 1,723
Thanks: 12
Thanked 249 Times in 173 Posts
Rep Power: 3125
ExcursionDiesel has a reputation beyond reputeExcursionDiesel has a reputation beyond reputeExcursionDiesel has a reputation beyond reputeExcursionDiesel has a reputation beyond reputeExcursionDiesel has a reputation beyond reputeExcursionDiesel has a reputation beyond reputeExcursionDiesel has a reputation beyond reputeExcursionDiesel has a reputation beyond reputeExcursionDiesel has a reputation beyond reputeExcursionDiesel has a reputation beyond reputeExcursionDiesel has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmccall View Post
DPF... No cats on diesels
Says who? The VM3.0 and most modern diesels are equipped with a diesel oxidation catalyst (a form of CAT), diesel particulate filter (DPF), and selective catalytic reduction (SCR). I'm shocked the exhaust flows as well as it does.
__________________
----------------------
The founder of JeepGarage.org, Scottina06, has a son Max who is in need of corrective surgery from an infection at birth that left one leg 4 inches short. We need to support our Jeep brothers. His family has started a fund on giveforward.com. If you have ever been helped by someone else, now is a good time to pay it forward. Here is a link to that page. God bless you! http://gfwd.at/1rz33PW
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ExcursionDiesel For This Useful Post:
  #311  
Old 02-19-2014, 03:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 272
Colojeepguy is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 GC "EcoDiesel" OWNERS!!! Review..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
It is a good idea to have, just in case. I live in Minnesota, and mine has started down to -25 without plugging in the block heater.
Thanks, Shannon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 02-19-2014, 03:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 272
Colojeepguy is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 GC "EcoDiesel" OWNERS!!! Review..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp6544 View Post
It was on mine when I bought it and I didn't request it. Don't expect to need it in the south, but never know where you might live in the future.
Thanks for relply!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Welcome ALL 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel owners! Scottina06 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 1360 10-15-2014 01:53 AM
My review of the Bwoody 4" CAI "Ram Air"...Before and after 0-60 times Darth Vapor SRT Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 8 07-09-2013 12:06 PM
time frame - delivery of "real" owners manual? 1200RT-P Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 13 06-20-2011 04:36 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.