Advanced Technology Group - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 10-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SW Alberta
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1053
JSAR is on a distinguished road
Advanced Technology Group

I have found a new 2015 GC I think will work to replace the one I had stolen last week.
The only problem is that it has the ATG. If I'm correct the vehicle will brake itself if it detects an imminent collision. No? Can it be turned off but still allow the side warning to work?
Pickings are slim up here. Not many with the options I want.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-29-2015, 09:59 PM
GoPlzGo's Avatar
formerly 14summithemi
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,146
Thanks: 337
Thanked 559 Times in 468 Posts
Rep Power: 25565
GoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Advanced Technology Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAR View Post
I have found a new 2015 GC I think will work to replace the one I had stolen last week.
The only problem is that it has the ATG. If I'm correct the vehicle will brake itself if it detects an imminent collision. No? Can it be turned off but still allow the side warning to work?
Pickings are slim up here. Not many with the options I want.
Yes FCW can be turned off to avoid auto braking or you can keep FCW on for the flash warnings and just turn off active braking.

By side warning do you mean RCP (rear cross path) detection? RCP and FCW operate completely independently from one another.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-29-2015, 10:43 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SW Alberta
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1053
JSAR is on a distinguished road
Re: Advanced Technology Group

Thanks. How is this all controlled? FCW is just a warning and active braking is the car working the brakes?
I was thinking of blind spot warning I think on the side warning. You've got me stumped on rear cross path.
Go easy on me - the sales manager didn't know any of this stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SW Alberta
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1053
JSAR is on a distinguished road
Re: Advanced Technology Group

One other question. The vehicle comes with some sort of package with sill protector, bright pedals and running boards. Comments?
Can the running boards be removed easily and without leaving behind a hole/mark etc?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-29-2015, 10:56 PM
silvermax04's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,350
Thanks: 254
Thanked 556 Times in 430 Posts
Rep Power: 30279
silvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAR View Post
Thanks. How is this all controlled? FCW is just a warning and active braking is the car working the brakes?
I was thinking of blind spot warning I think on the side warning. You've got me stumped on rear cross path.
Go easy on me - the sales manager didn't know any of this stuff.
Rear cross paths is a different feature when you are backing up it will detect if a car is coming from your right or left. It actually works well helps when your in one of those parking spots you can't see well when backing up.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-29-2015, 10:58 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SW Alberta
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1053
JSAR is on a distinguished road
Re: Advanced Technology Group

Ok, thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-29-2015, 11:35 PM
GoPlzGo's Avatar
formerly 14summithemi
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,146
Thanks: 337
Thanked 559 Times in 468 Posts
Rep Power: 25565
GoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Advanced Technology Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAR View Post
Thanks. How is this all controlled? FCW is just a warning and active braking is the car working the brakes?
I was thinking of blind spot warning I think on the side warning. You've got me stumped on rear cross path.
Go easy on me - the sales manager didn't know any of this stuff.
No problem....ya the BSM (blind spot monitoring) is a real tight triangle it monitors not really a full side approach alert feature....best bet is to read these sections (detailed but short read) from the user guide, then you can edumacate the sales manager.....

all the manuals are available for download here:

Chrysler Canada Owners
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2015E-Grand_Cherokee-UG-5th.pdf (4.33 MB, 9 views)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-30-2015, 01:45 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SW Alberta
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1053
JSAR is on a distinguished road
Re: Advanced Technology Group

Thanks everyone, any comments on the Mopar Exterior Package particularly the running boards. Are they a simple unbolt to get them off? Anybody?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-30-2015, 04:23 PM
meln13's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lynn Lake,MB, Canada
Posts: 86
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1065
meln13 is on a distinguished road
Re: Advanced Technology Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAR View Post
Thanks everyone, any comments on the Mopar Exterior Package particularly the running boards. Are they a simple unbolt to get them off? Anybody?
Yes, you can take it off and it wont leave marks or holes.. Running boards clamps are bolted to the frame... If u find difficult to take it off ask the dealer to do so... If you are not happy with the options you are getting and if u could wait a little bit, ask them to do a factory custom order with all your options... it might take 4 to 6 weeks... In that way you could customize your vehicle + you will get a newly built one... I mean you dnt have to take anything thats been sitting in the dealers parking lot for months + any options that u dnt want to have.... just a suggestion.... Good luck with your new wheels anyway....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-30-2015, 04:42 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SW Alberta
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1053
JSAR is on a distinguished road
Re: Advanced Technology Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by meln13 View Post
Yes, you can take it off and it wont leave marks or holes.. Running boards clamps are bolted to the frame... If u find difficult to take it off ask the dealer to do so... If you are not happy with the options you are getting and if u could wait a little bit, ask them to do a factory custom order with all your options... it might take 4 to 6 weeks... In that way you could customize your vehicle + you will get a newly built one... I mean you dnt have to take anything thats been sitting in the dealers parking lot for months + any options that u dnt want to have.... just a suggestion.... Good luck with your new wheels anyway....
Ok, thanks. The vehicle is out of town so I can't see it. Ordering new (2016) is a lot longer process than 4-6 weeks now. I've been told that there's weeks of retooling to be done and you can't even order 2016's yet.
I'm also not sure I want a 2016.
This vehicle has been sitting though. I think it was made in April!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-30-2015, 04:46 PM
meln13's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lynn Lake,MB, Canada
Posts: 86
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1065
meln13 is on a distinguished road
Re: Advanced Technology Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAR View Post
Ok, thanks. The vehicle is out of town so I can't see it. Ordering new (2016) is a lot longer process than 4-6 weeks now. I've been told that there's weeks of retooling to be done and you can't even order 2016's yet.
I'm also not sure I want a 2016.
This vehicle has been sitting though. I think it was made in April!
Ok... Thr is no probable getting an early built.... still its a new vehicle....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-30-2015, 04:59 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SW Alberta
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1053
JSAR is on a distinguished road
Re: Advanced Technology Group

You've got me thinking…Any problems with a new vehicle thats been sitting in the sun for six months. We would always have it garaged at home. It wouldn't spend six more months outside over the next twenty years.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinions needed, Is the advanced technology worth the cost? longisland Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 38 11-16-2015 11:50 PM
Advanced Technology Package? ashenmorality Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 30 05-20-2014 09:08 PM
Advanced Technology Group - Worth it? Andoskyy Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 16 03-11-2013 07:59 PM
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY GROUP (ADG) any reason to get it? Lower insurance rate? darkom Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 28 02-13-2013 03:24 AM
Advanced Warning/ACC Group Question rb3wreath Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 30 05-29-2011 08:58 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.