No... I'm not dead... but rather, having fun with the dynamic duo.
All in all, no real complaints with either toy.
I have almost 2,000 miles on the Durango, and about 1,000 on the SFU.
Issues I've run into:
- Both rigs have randomly burped and ate my driver seating settings atleast once.
- Durango has apparently forgotten is has a, as the woman calls it, "fat man assist exit function".
- Durango likes to stick in 3rd/4th gear longer then needed (tends to rev)
- Both rigs will very occasionally try to shift too early from 1st to 2nd at very low speed/RPM resulting in a slap to the back of the head.
- Regen on the Jeep is moderately annoying, but not too intrusive (had it do it's best to kick on while running a ton of errands in a day). I ended up taking her for a longer run later that night to let the mojo occur.
- LOVE my Goodyear Ultra Ice WRTs I threw on them.
- They would have fit perfectly on the stock ORA2 rims, but I bought the SFU Winter Rims.
- The Durango has the stock rims (20") for summer fun, and 18" rims for these winter tires.
- The studs result in the all too familiar hum on the road. Though, I will say, both rigs muffle it REALLY well.
- No build quality issues to report, all around, both have been great rigs.
- 5 year old digs the SFU more, as it "goes up and down" and "goes WAY FASTER!"
- The SFU is so insanely nice in the mountains. At altitude I ate a Hemi for lunch the other day (num num num).
- Woman loves the Durango as we have already hauled a couch, and a Full sized mattress in it with no fuss.
- Sport mode is fun! ...just don't forget you are in sport mode and forget to shift out of 1st at the stop lights... (DOH!)
So really, outside of the UConnect system either forgetting my settings, or just.. forgetting what it can do, I give em both a clean bill of health.
Oh, and I get a HUGE number of compliments on both.
- Durango: 18.2MPG (90% City, 10% Highway)
- SFU: 23.1MPG (90% City, 10% Highway)
- I've had it for over a month... and filled it 1 time... (came with a full tank from the dealer)