green diesel engineering tune - Page 13 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #145  
Old 07-03-2015, 05:22 AM
Zhe Wiz's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central NY - Ithaca
Posts: 645
Thanks: 164
Thanked 113 Times in 77 Posts
Rep Power: 16887
Zhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: green diesel engineering tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadg2 View Post
Did not disconnect the battery. Followed the instructions from GDE website. Should I have disconnected the battery? Also my cruise control now fluctuates +2/-2 from where it's set at. Never did before even on level it does now. Let me know if you removed the battery cable and for how long before re-connecting it. Just installed the tuned ECU yesterday 7/1/15. Thanks.
The cruise variation is part of the GDE tune. Helps improve MPGs on the highway. The idea is to bleed speed going up hills and regain it going down. Driving that way definitely improves mileage.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing you could request that be left out if it really bothers you.

Also, that GDE added speed variation only applies if you do NOT have ACC.

__________________
Zhe Wiz

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #146  
Old 07-03-2015, 07:27 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Western Wisconsin
Posts: 516
Thanks: 208
Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 1576
chadg2 is on a distinguished road
Re: green diesel engineering tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhe Wiz View Post
The cruise variation is part of the GDE tune. Helps improve MPGs on the highway. The idea is to bleed speed going up hills and regain it going down. Driving that way definitely improves mileage.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing you could request that be left out if it really bothers you.

Also, that GDE added speed variation only applies if you do NOT have ACC.
Thank you I do not have ACC. No mention of this on GDE website for this tune. Thanks for that info. I only could request this now if the flash tool becomes available in the future right?
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 07-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Zhe Wiz's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central NY - Ithaca
Posts: 645
Thanks: 164
Thanked 113 Times in 77 Posts
Rep Power: 16887
Zhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeZhe Wiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: green diesel engineering tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadg2 View Post
Thank you I do not have ACC. No mention of this on GDE website for this tune. Thanks for that info. I only could request this now if the flash tool becomes available in the future right?
I would contact them and ask. I would think worst case it would cost $100 to have them re flash, but worth asking.

Honestly I'd PREFER that behavior. Always drives me crazy when going up a steep hill that it MUST maintain speed.
__________________
Zhe Wiz

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zhe Wiz For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #148  
Old 07-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Western Wisconsin
Posts: 516
Thanks: 208
Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 1576
chadg2 is on a distinguished road
Re: green diesel engineering tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhe Wiz View Post
I would contact them and ask. I would think worst case it would cost $100 to have them re flash, but worth asking.

Honestly I'd PREFER that behavior. Always drives me crazy when going up a steep hill that it MUST maintain speed.
Thanks for the help I sent off an email to support.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 07-03-2015, 08:54 AM
mazster43's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 343
Thanks: 64
Thanked 77 Times in 42 Posts
Rep Power: 72557
mazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond reputemazster43 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadg2 View Post

Did not disconnect the battery. Followed the instructions from GDE website. Should I have disconnected the battery? Also my cruise control now fluctuates +2/-2 from where it's set at. Never did before even on level it does now. Let me know if you removed the battery cable and for how long before re-connecting it. Just installed the tuned ECU yesterday 7/1/15. Thanks.
I haven't tested my cruise control yet. I'll try that next time I'm driving. I have the adaptive cruise. I also didn't disconnect the battery.

Other than the fluctuation in the cruise which would bug me too what do you think of the tune?
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 07-03-2015, 09:07 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Western Wisconsin
Posts: 516
Thanks: 208
Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 1576
chadg2 is on a distinguished road
Re: green diesel engineering tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazster43 View Post
I haven't tested my cruise control yet. I'll try that next time I'm driving. I have the adaptive cruise. I also didn't disconnect the battery.

Other than the fluctuation in the cruise which would bug me too what do you think of the tune?
The first 60 miles I had the hill assist on. It must've turned back on with the ECU swapping. Once I turned that off things got better during take-off. I like the shifting much better, am going to love the regen messages/notifications(I paid the $50.00 for these to be turned on). MPG yet to be determined but seems to be creeping up on the average MPG gauge. I only passed (1) car and it had great response after hill assist was turned off. I need to get my DEF gauge working correctly and find out from GDE what is going on with cruise. More to come as I get more miles.
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 07-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 586
Thanks: 57
Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts
Rep Power: 1531
farfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: green diesel engineering tune

I have ACC and wish it was dumbed down a little bit. If I slow down say 10mph due to a truck and have to let traffic pass me on the left, when I switch into the open lane my head gets snapped as the GC downshifts and floors it to get back up to speed. Very aggressive from the OEM.
__________________
'15 GC 4x4 Summit - GDE Hot Tune, Berger N54 ccv catch can, 4300k Philips HID fogs, VLED TRITON V3 LED brake lights
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to farfromovin For This Useful Post:
  #152  
Old 07-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Western Wisconsin
Posts: 516
Thanks: 208
Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 1576
chadg2 is on a distinguished road
Re: green diesel engineering tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromovin View Post
I have ACC and wish it was dumbed down a little bit. If I slow down say 10mph due to a truck and have to let traffic pass me on the left, when I switch into the open lane my head gets snapped as the GC downshifts and floors it to get back up to speed. Very aggressive from the OEM.
Not experiencing that with the standard cruise thank God. My wife would freak out.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 07-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 953
Thanks: 44
Thanked 49 Times in 44 Posts
Rep Power: 1232881
2012 Summit has a reputation beyond repute2012 Summit has a reputation beyond repute2012 Summit has a reputation beyond repute2012 Summit has a reputation beyond repute2012 Summit has a reputation beyond repute2012 Summit has a reputation beyond repute2012 Summit has a reputation beyond repute2012 Summit has a reputation beyond repute2012 Summit has a reputation beyond repute2012 Summit has a reputation beyond repute2012 Summit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: green diesel engineering tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadg2 View Post
The first 60 miles I had the hill assist on. It must've turned back on with the ECU swapping. Once I turned that off things got better during take-off. I like the shifting much better, am going to love the regen messages/notifications(I paid the $50.00 for these to be turned on). MPG yet to be determined but seems to be creeping up on the average MPG gauge. I only passed (1) car and it had great response after hill assist was turned off. I need to get my DEF gauge working correctly and find out from GDE what is going on with cruise. More to come as I get more miles.
I was wondering what hill assist has to do with passing. Please explain.

Thank You.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 07-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 158
Thanks: 24
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 1327
stician is on a distinguished road
Re: green diesel engineering tune

I got my ECU today. So the bracket is zip tied to another wiring harness below the two harnesses connected to the ECU so it isn't convenient to pull it out to remove the three 8mm screws on a bench. I highly recommend backing out the screws with your fingers so the lower one doesn't drop into the abyss.

So the fun part. It took about 10-12 miles for the Regen cycle to complete. I took the Jeep on a loop I normally take in my 997TT. A mixed of highway and a nice backroad curvy pass with good elevation change. I normally drive with Eco mode on so I kept it. Tip-in throttle is improved for sure. Around the pass the power band felt really good, the transmission didn't do anything funny, stayed silky smooth (had it reflashed with latest TCM update) and the truck ate up the runs up hill. In Sport mode throttle response improved some more so I like how Green Diesel Engineering set this up to offer varying driving modes.

The power? Green Diesel Engineering did a tremendous job of keeping the torque curve as linear as OEM. It feels like a bigger motor and 40-60 and 60-80 runs feel a lot faster. A ton of grunt and I was grinning the whole time.

Around town the motor makes about the same noise as before. Never aurally pleasing in my opinion but I'm glad it didn't worsen. The tune is docile and drives just like it did before except the noticeably better throttle tip in.

My hat off to the team at Green Diesel Engineering. For $850 it's a solid value proposition . This truck is fun now
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stician For This Useful Post:
  #155  
Old 07-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Western Wisconsin
Posts: 516
Thanks: 208
Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 1576
chadg2 is on a distinguished road
Re: green diesel engineering tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 Summit View Post
I was wondering what hill assist has to do with passing. Please explain.

Thank You.

Hill Assist on my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee made the whole truck seem sluggish. There are other threads on this form about people having issues with Hill Assist on. When it's off, I can tell a difference in how the Jeep responds.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 07-03-2015, 06:44 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 158
Thanks: 24
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 1327
stician is on a distinguished road
Re: green diesel engineering tune

I thought Hill Assist is for negotiating steep slopes with the foot off both brake and gas and the truck rolls down at 5mph.
__________________
2014 Limited / Luxury II pkg / GDE tune
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 SRT8 Dyno Tune VS Stock Tune & Race Gas Mix jim383 Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts 2 03-01-2015 05:30 PM
2012 SRT8 Dyno Tune VS Stock Tune & Race Gas Mix jim383 Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 3 02-25-2015 08:57 AM
CRD diesel mpg= 26 hwy, does the Green Diesel tune increase this? KKielisch Liberty-KJ and KK 5 10-14-2013 08:08 PM
Grern diesel tune vs custom spooling tune fastlane26 Diesel Powered WK Grand Cherokee 2 11-11-2012 10:34 PM

» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.