Originally Posted by Truckeejeep
They want to compete with luxury brands and need to treat this as such. With Audi, Porsche, and even Volvo's I have had the dealers do their best to take care of things asap.
Ok, then next time spend 15-20K more for the VW/ Porsche / Audi Diesel....
Apples to Oranges.
For 50K I got a vehicle that has every bell and whistle and luxury you can think of (including front park assist). There is not a better deal out there. But I will add this. My Past 5 vehicles have been a Ford or Chrysler product, so when I purchased this truck, I knew what I was getting into when it comes to Service and such. That's why I research dealers and pick the best one for my services.
Yes, my wife gets treated like Royalty at the M-B Dealership... she bought a Benz.
Want to add, I'm sorry for the issues you have been saddled with, and looking over the list, allot of this should have been caught during dealer prep... a scratch steering wheel? Really? I wouldn't have taken delivery.
Below are my thoughts in Bold
in case anyone cares.
- dealer was wrong, Overland doesn't have front park assist, I wanted the Overland for the 18 inch wheels and skid plates and tow bars, I would expect a fairly expensive SUV to have this feature
only Available on the Summit... DO NOT depend on the idiot salesguy to answer questions correctly about a vehicle, they know less than you...
And, it's not a flaw, but I agree, it SHOULD be an option for the Limited/Overland
- smelled like it was on fire at mile 285, 3 of us jumped out of the jeep and it was towed to a closer dealer since Jeep wouldn't tow it an extra 10 miles to where I purchased it, no issue found, seems to of fixed itself! Maybe it was plastic that melted onto engine
That is weird... Dealer have a clue?
- empty DEF fluid, they did fill after a week in service, I even asked at delivery
- Crack in overhead where the home link is, replacing the whole part when they get it
- loose oxygen sensor causing an alarming rattle, I thought the skid plates were loose
- fold down cover for usb storage area has a huge gap on left side (when closed) and is touching on the right
- the surround pulls up when I try to open the storage compartment
- rear carpet had a big cut out of it, they had to replace the whole carpet
- scratches on steering wheel trim
- some rattle by the push to start button
- erratic shifting from start and stop
- erratic braking, sometimes it's soft and sometimes hard
- nick in the passenger side leather trim, they are calling it "natural texture" ok fine
- strange exterior gaps around gas tank, rear trim and other areas, spaces are just not consistent
Did you test drive the vehicle you bought???? All these Items should have been addressed by the dealer at delivery... again, I would not have signed papers if one of these issues was present.
- brake booster recall that they did do
- axle replacement waiting on parts also a recall
- adaptive cruise recall
Buy a GM product Everyone has recalls... even Porsche
- rear down gate would not go down of power for 3 days, no faults found
- passenger side seat controls pushed into the seat when a friend adjusted
Certainly items that would be tough to find during the dealer prep/delivery process, hope they fix.
- sd card just starting playing 2-7 minutes after start up
- rear backup camera is super shaky
Fixed with the lastest firmware for the uconnect. It's a computer, it's going to need fixes and patches.
- roof rack options or pretty grim for ones that work with factory rack
- engine runs very hot when towing but has not overheated but I feel like I need to monitor this constantly
There's a discussion about this on these forums. Not a big deal, IMHO. Also read the Diesel Supplement.
- suspension is constantly adjusting when parked, even the next morning in the garage it's sometime clicking away
By design. it wants to keep the vehicle level. not a flaw
My 2 cents are all out.... Good Luck with getting it sorted. I'd think about finding a better dealer for service, just my opinion.