I'm planning a WK2 with the EcoDiesel. My son bought one in Dec and is 'thumbs up' so far.
I previously had a 1994 6-cyl Grand Cherokee Laredo that I loved for well over 205K miles (I made my wife stay home and meet the guys that picked it up when I donated it to a local charity... too painful to hand over the keys myself).
I plan to use the car as:
- a tow vehicle for a variety of boats from a little 13' Boston Whaler up to an 18' Whaler Dauntless that probably aggregates 4,000 lbs loaded on trailer.
- a 'weekend handyman hauler' (I'll definitely get roof racks for lumber, etc.)
- my hunting truck (dirt roads, deer carried externally on a 'hitchhaul'... probably little-to-no real off-road)
- a snowy weather vehicle
- ultimately my daily driver after my 207+K mile Camry dies
- a shared family vehicle until #5
I'm thinking of a Limited + diesel + Luxury II pkg + tow package + advanced tech package (as I get older the collision avoidance & blind spot assistance sounds better and better) + Uconnect 8.4 w/ NAV (ditto the getting older part) + roof racks
I'll probably keep the Jeep as long as I can (15+ years per car has been my norm; At almost 60, it may be the last car I need to buy...
What advice would you 'folks that know' offer?
- Comments on the above proposed configuration?
- I'm near Annapolis, MD. Where/how should I buy? what would be a good price?
- Should I buy an extended warranty? If so, which one?
- Roof racks from Jeep or after market (which ones?)
- what else should I have asked?
Thanks in advance for your help.