Re: New Jeep owner and I have some questions
Here is the one I'm looking at from Delta Auto Protect. This is zero deductible and their highest level, seems like anything with a turbo needs that. It's not an exclusive warranty so I'm still on the fence but if someone doesn't mind taking a look at their warranty and letting me know how it compares of if this is missing a key ingredient. Cost right now is $1900 with zero deduct but told if I order with him he'll work it down a little more.
A. DIAMOND PREMIER covers the following listed components under section IV part A.
1. Gasoline/Diesel Engine: Cylinder block, cylinder head(s) if damage by internally lubricated parts. The following internally lubricated parts including: pistons, piston rings and pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and bearings, pushrods, rocker arms, cylinder head valves, valve lifters, cam followers, oil pump, timing chain, and gear. Harmonic balancer, valve covers, timing cover, and oil pan (if damaged caused by failure of internally lubricated covered parts); seals and gaskets during rebuilding, cylinder head gaskets, vacuum pump, and engine mounts.
2. Transmission: Transmission case, transfer case, and transmission pan (if damaged by failure of covered internally lubricated parts). The following internally lubricated parts including: banner kit components (transmission clutches, steels, locking rings), torque converter, vacuum modulator, seals and gaskets during rebuilding, front pump shaft seal, rear transmission seal, and transmission mounts.
3. Electrical: Alternator, voltage regulator, starter motor, starter solenoid, ignition distributor, A/C heater blower motor.
4. Cooling: Radiator, radiator cooling fan motor, fan clutch, water pump, and water pump gasket.
5. Drive Axle: Front CV axle shafts, front axle shaft universal joints, front propeller/drive shaft universal joints, rear propeller/drive shaft universal joints, rear propeller/drive shaft support and bearing.
6. Brakes: Master cylinder, power brake booster, hydraulic front disc brake calipers, hydraulic rear disc brake calipers, and wheel cylinders.
7. Super/Turbo Charger: All internal parts; Housing is covered if damaged by the failure of an internally lubricated moving part, seals and gaskets during replacement.
8. 4x4/AWD: All components in the Differential Assembly and Transfer Case including: Drive chain, drive chain gears, planetary gears, ring shift forks, bearing, bushing, oil pump output shaft, main shaft washers and all other internal lubricated parts, axle shaft, ring and pinion, bearing, bushing, washers, 4 Wheel Drive actuator, seals and gaskets during rebuilding, transfer case input shaft seal, transfer case output shaft seal, differential axle shaft seals, and front pinion seal.
9. Steering System: Steering box, steering box pitman seals, rack and pinion unit and all their internal lubricated parts, steering rack shaft seals, power steering pump, pump shaft seal, pitman arm, idler arm, inner tie rod ends, and outer tie rod ends.
10. Fuel System: Fuel pump, fuel injector(s), and gasoline pressure regulator.
11. Differential Assembly: (Front and Rear) Differential Housing (if damaged caused by failure of internally lubricated covered parts), axle shaft, ring and pinion, bearings, bushings, washers, all other internal parts contained with the differential assembly, pinion seal, and axle shaft seal.
12. Heater and Air Conditioning: Evaporator, condenser, compressor, compressor clutch, field coil, accumulator, A/C high/low pressure compressor cutoff switches and heater core.
13. Front Suspension: Upper and lower control arms, control arm bushings, lower torsion/tension arms, stabilizer end links, ball joints, hub and wheel bearings.
14. Rear Suspension: Upper and lower control arms, control arm bushings, stabilizer end links, ball joints, hub and wheel bearings.
15. ABS-Brakes: Wheel speed sensors, hydraulic pump/motor assembly, pressure modulator valve/isolation dump valve, accumulator, ABS master cylinder, Hydro Boost and Electronic Control Processor.
16. Hi-Tech: Electronic shift control unit; ABS master cylinder, ABS processor, hydraulic pump motor, pressure modulator valve, sensors; temperature control programmer, fuel management controls (including modules and sensors), fuel injector(s), fuel injection pump, ignition management controls(including modules and sensors), ignition coils, wiper motor(s), power window motors, power door lock actuators, power seat motors, automatic temperature control, key-less entry system excluding remote, factory installed GPS Navigation, speed control, electronic level control compressor, sunroof/convertible top motor.