Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 05-09-2014, 06:54 AM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 861 Times in 470 Posts
Rep Power: 1927145
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Rapidly deteriorating oil life

An actual analysis is likely not a bad idea. If someone did an analysis of the oil at what is says 5% or lower is in the current programming vs what it is for the same run with the new programming that would be interesting.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 396
Thanks: 24
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 1120
Roadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rapidly deteriorating oil life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
An actual analysis is likely not a bad idea. If someone did an analysis of the oil at what is says 5% or lower is in the current programming vs what it is for the same run with the new programming that would be interesting.
I have been planning to do this, and I got the kit in the mail yesterday. I made a new thread to avoid taking this one too far off topic.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roadkill For This Useful Post:
  #27  
Old 05-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 30
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 517
CRDOKIE is on a distinguished road
Re: Rapidly deteriorating oil life

Have only 3016mi and its calling for change on mine. Trying to find a dealer nearby. Have two horrible experiences from local dealer on my previous Grand Cherokee and Ram 3500 so they are not touching this one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 254
jim74074 is on a distinguished road
Re: Rapidly deteriorating oil life

After another 500 miles the oil life began to move off of 82%. It went to 81% after 1900 miles since last oil change and 80% when exactly 2000 miles had elapsed! Seems like quite a coincidence and would imply a 10,000 mile interval between changes. Will keep you all posted if oil life veers from a straight line.


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-10-2014, 12:30 PM
aboyce85's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 61
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 478
aboyce85 is on a distinguished road
Re: Rapidly deteriorating oil life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDOKIE View Post
Have only 3016mi and its calling for change on mine. Trying to find a dealer nearby. Have two horrible experiences from local dealer on my previous Grand Cherokee and Ram 3500 so they are not touching this one.

Where in OK are you? I'm in Tulsa and not sure which dealers to use/avoid especially for the diesel oil change. I may just hope for the best, haha!
.



Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 30
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 517
CRDOKIE is on a distinguished road
Re: Rapidly deteriorating oil life

I live in Ponca City but would not recommend them. They had to replace diesel engine in my Ram 3500 because of their error. The final straw was when I took my wifes old 04 GC in for seat heater recall. They did not put any seat bolts back in!

Im gonna give Fowler Dodge in OKC a try I think. Another forum member here has used them for a few years with no problem although he has a hemi. I am nervous though as I called service dept and they said they don't know about the TSB so I will be bringing a copy. Think im going in TueI will keep you updated.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 26
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 332
FajitaMidland is on a distinguished road
Re: Rapidly deteriorating oil life

I have 0% percent life left on my oil with only 2,750 miles. I have an appoint this Saturday to get the software update.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-13-2014, 10:17 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 0
03KJ is on a distinguished road
Re: Rapidly deteriorating oil life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDOKIE View Post
I live in Ponca City but would not recommend them. They had to replace diesel engine in my Ram 3500 because of their error. The final straw was when I took my wifes old 04 GC in for seat heater recall. They did not put any seat bolts back in!

Im gonna give Fowler Dodge in OKC a try I think. Another forum member here has used them for a few years with no problem although he has a hemi. I am nervous though as I called service dept and they said they don't know about the TSB so I will be bringing a copy. Think im going in TueI will keep you updated.
Closer to you would be Johnson's in Kingfisher. Smaller town dealer that will actually remember who you are. They have free loaner cars and are a delight to work with. Rodney runs the service department and is a no BS kind of guy. I know they have guys specifically trained to service these new diesels.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 03KJ For This Useful Post:
  #33  
Old 05-13-2014, 10:27 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 30
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 517
CRDOKIE is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info. I prefer smaller dealerships for that reason but was worried they were not familiar with diesels. I will call them tomorrow. My wife is actually from around that area.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-13-2014, 11:02 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 0
03KJ is on a distinguished road
Re: Rapidly deteriorating oil life

They appear to have plenty of oil field business including the diesel trucks. I have had them work on our KJ for the last 10 years with good luck, but it is not diesel. I do know that Rodney has sent some of their staff to specific training for the new diesel. Call and ask for Rodney. If he's not available then I have also had good luck with Brad. My experience with them is that they actively avoid selling you anything that you don't absolutely need. I have not had them try to pump up the bill on anything in the last ten years. They are cheaper than the dealers in OKC. I would love to hear if you have good luck with them on your diesel because I am close to pulling the trigger on ordering a new JGC with the diesel motor.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-14-2014, 11:08 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 30
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 517
CRDOKIE is on a distinguished road
Re: Rapidly deteriorating oil life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03KJ View Post
They appear to have plenty of oil field business including the diesel trucks. I have had them work on our KJ for the last 10 years with good luck, but it is not diesel. I do know that Rodney has sent some of their staff to specific training for the new diesel. Call and ask for Rodney. If he's not available then I have also had good luck with Brad. My experience with them is that they actively avoid selling you anything that you don't absolutely need. I have not had them try to pump up the bill on anything in the last ten years. They are cheaper than the dealers in OKC. I would love to hear if you have good luck with them on your diesel because I am close to pulling the trigger on ordering a new JGC with the diesel motor.

Callled and talked to Rodney today. He was super helpful and took the time to look up TSB and discuss it over. Made me feel comfortable trying them for sure. I am going in tomorrow for service and will keep you updated. Thanks again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-14-2014, 06:44 PM
WoeIsMe's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 21
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 303
WoeIsMe is on a distinguished road
Re: Rapidly deteriorating oil life

I made an appointment to have the PCM flash performed at my dealer. When I arrived they told me I would have to leave the car for the whole day because a tech was not available. I went ahead and had them change the oil and rotate the tires. $217!!! Bend me over! Anyway, left with no PCM flash and a bit poorer. Think I need to find another dealer and somewhere else for future oil changes. Milage was ~5200.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nulon 5W-30 Full Synthetic Long Life Diesel Oil at Super Cheap Auto savvas Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 5 05-21-2012 11:18 PM
Oil life TOO short!? 70th Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 11 04-02-2012 07:30 AM
Engine Oil Life Sparro Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 2 04-01-2012 11:39 AM
Long Life Engine Oil Mobil 1 5w-30 15k NHWK05 Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust 18 08-19-2011 02:25 PM
list of kills is growing rapidly chefalan23 At The Track 30 12-27-2009 09:40 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.