Testimonial for DOMs DEF injector/ harness protection plate - Page 8 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #85  
Old 03-21-2015, 11:31 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Coast of Mass
Posts: 116
Thanks: 128
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 1783
NorthstarSRX is on a distinguished road
Re: Testimonial for DOMs DEF injector/ harness protection plate

Dom,

A couple of notes from my installation of your plate on a 2015 Summit.

My kit arrived without the popsicle stick to put the nut device into the sub frame slot in the front. Tried other flat things like a screw driver blade to insert the thing only to have it get lost in the frame. Easy solution is a sheet metal style bolt, two metal washers between the bolt head and the bracket and two 1/4 inch O rings between the plate and the frame to space the shield off the frame and isolate to eliminate vibration. Bites nice and tight. Actually would be a faster install then the bolt system provided.

The factory hole in the frame in the back is rectangular and just a tad less in width to get a nice installation of the nutsert. It slides around in the opening. The combo to two layers of double sided tape between the plate and the frame as well as a sheet metal bolt that bits into the factory slot has the thing on nice and tight.

So far so good. Did a 600 mile trip in a sloppy icy snow storm with no problems at all.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NorthstarSRX For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #86  
Old 03-21-2015, 01:45 PM
dom42's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: so cal
Posts: 877
Thanks: 562
Thanked 162 Times in 114 Posts
Rep Power: 2673
dom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond repute
Testimonial for DOMs DEF injector/ harness protection plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthstarSRX View Post
Dom,



A couple of notes from my installation of your plate on a 2015 Summit.



My kit arrived without the popsicle stick to put the nut device into the sub frame slot in the front. Tried other flat things like a screw driver blade to insert the thing only to have it get lost in the frame. Easy solution is a sheet metal style bolt, two metal washers between the bolt head and the bracket and two 1/4 inch O rings between the plate and the frame to space the shield off the frame and isolate to eliminate vibration. Bites nice and tight. Actually would be a faster install then the bolt system provided.



The factory hole in the frame in the back is rectangular and just a tad less in width to get a nice installation of the nutsert. It slides around in the opening. The combo to two layers of double sided tape between the plate and the frame as well as a sheet metal bolt that bits into the factory slot has the thing on nice and tight.



So far so good. Did a 600 mile trip in a sloppy icy snow storm with no problems at all.

Yeah, for sure that would make it easier.

I'm working on changing some hardware for the next run. It's only a small percentage of ppl who have a difficult time with that front area. I'm trying to make it easier for those ppl soon. So, the others will absolutely have no issues. It's has a lose tolerance because these jeeps are uni bodies and I have seen many jeeps come in an are way off the the next jeep. The first runs tolerance was so tight it didn't fit on some jeeps and would fit on many others.

Some ppl even tried say installing the plate when parked in weird angle or jacked it up and things would line up, then when parked flat or not jack up it would line right up. Also vice versa. I hate uni bodies.

As far as that rear hole, I know what u mean. Well at least you don't have to drill into frame of jeep anymore since jeep basically put that hole where mine is. Hmmm. Copy cats lol.

I'm trying to source that nutsert for that hole that they now provide on the 2015a that come with the new bracket for that area. But they don't even have it in their system as of yet. When they do. I'll include it in the plate kit I offer


Thanks for the feed back....
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-10-2015, 07:16 PM
beechjetdriver's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 144
Thanks: 64
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 1516
beechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Testimonial for DOMs DEF injector/ harness protection plate

My last post about the protection this plate offers was from 10/2014 after a torrential rainstorm in Miami. Today we experienced similar weather in Tampa. Leaving work, streets were flooded to more than three feet deep. Cars and trucks alike were broken down in the flooded streets, and if I had not had this plate, I would've been with them. But because I had confidence in the protection provided by the plate, I barely slowed down while driving through the flooded streets in South Tampa.

Those JGC owners and operators who drive without Dom's plate have no idea of the risk they are taking.


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beechjetdriver For This Useful Post:
  #88  
Old 06-10-2015, 07:54 PM
dom42's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: so cal
Posts: 877
Thanks: 562
Thanked 162 Times in 114 Posts
Rep Power: 2673
dom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Testimonial for DOMs DEF injector/ harness protection plate

Bad ass!!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,307
Thanks: 46
Thanked 164 Times in 132 Posts
Rep Power: 2875
Roadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Testimonial for DOMs DEF injector/ harness protection plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechjetdriver View Post
Leaving work, streets were flooded to more than three feet deep.
Did you air up to OR2? Also, practically speaking just how deep standing water can we make it through at a slow pace, presuming we can't drill through at high speed to create a bow wave?

...without flooding the interior, that is.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-11-2015, 12:03 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 566
Thanks: 52
Thanked 104 Times in 71 Posts
Rep Power: 1354
farfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Testimonial for DOMs DEF injector/ harness protection plate

Dom, when is the new and improved batch for the '15's coming through? Wouldn't mind adding some extra protection to mine, but would rather wait for one that fits easily out of the box.
__________________
'15 GC 4x4 Summit - GDE Hot Tune, Berger N54 ccv catch can, 4300k Philips HID fogs, VLED TRITON V3 LED brake lights
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to farfromovin For This Useful Post:
  #91  
Old 06-11-2015, 12:40 AM
dom42's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: so cal
Posts: 877
Thanks: 562
Thanked 162 Times in 114 Posts
Rep Power: 2673
dom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond reputedom42 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Testimonial for DOMs DEF injector/ harness protection plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromovin View Post
Dom, when is the new and improved batch for the '15's coming through? Wouldn't mind adding some extra protection to mine, but would rather wait for one that fits easily out of the box.

The ones I have on the shelf fit pretty easy. Especially for 2015s no need to drill frame anymore because of the oem hole they added where my mounting location is. U just have to slightly open it up to make it work.

The reason why I'm not opening it up myself and leaving it up to you guys is because there are still many many 2014s out there buying my plate and would rather not drill and if they did they don't want to drill a bigger hole then I offer. Which is understandable. Some ppl just want to use a self tapper. Some just double stick tape.

In the next 2 months they will be made from 10 gauge cold rolled steal and zinc coated vs aluminum now. I just wanted to make it stronger then what is offered now.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 06-11-2015, 01:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 566
Thanks: 52
Thanked 104 Times in 71 Posts
Rep Power: 1354
farfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Testimonial for DOMs DEF injector/ harness protection plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom42 View Post
The ones I have on the shelf fit pretty easy. Especially for 2015s no need to drill frame anymore because of the oem hole they added where my mounting location is. U just have to slightly open it up to make it work.

The reason why I'm not opening it up myself and leaving it up to you guys is because there are still many many 2014s out there buying my plate and would rather not drill and if they did they don't want to drill a bigger hole then I offer. Which is understandable. Some ppl just want to use a self tapper. Some just double stick tape.

In the next 2 months they will be made from 10 gauge cold rolled steal and zinc coated vs aluminum now. I just wanted to make it stronger then what is offered now.

Thanks, makes sense and I'll wait a couple months then.
__________________
'15 GC 4x4 Summit - GDE Hot Tune, Berger N54 ccv catch can, 4300k Philips HID fogs, VLED TRITON V3 LED brake lights
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to farfromovin For This Useful Post:
  #93  
Old 06-13-2015, 08:26 AM
beechjetdriver's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 144
Thanks: 64
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 1516
beechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond reputebeechjetdriver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Testimonial for DOMs DEF injector/ harness protection plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
Did you air up to OR2? Also, practically speaking just how deep standing water can we make it through at a slow pace, presuming we can't drill through at high speed to create a bow wave?



...without flooding the interior, that is.

I did not, but I do have ORAII, so that would've been an option. I remember reading somewhere about the maximum fording depth our JGCs are capable of dealing with, but I do not remember the depth.


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 06-14-2015, 03:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 566
Thanks: 52
Thanked 104 Times in 71 Posts
Rep Power: 1354
farfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Testimonial for DOMs DEF injector/ harness protection plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechjetdriver View Post
I did not, but I do have ORAII, so that would've been an option. I remember reading somewhere about the maximum fording depth our JGCs are capable of dealing with, but I do not remember the depth.


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

I'm pretty sure it's 508mm, or about 20 in.
__________________
'15 GC 4x4 Summit - GDE Hot Tune, Berger N54 ccv catch can, 4300k Philips HID fogs, VLED TRITON V3 LED brake lights
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 06-14-2015, 09:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,307
Thanks: 46
Thanked 164 Times in 132 Posts
Rep Power: 2875
Roadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond reputeRoadkill has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromovin View Post
I'm pretty sure it's 508mm, or about 20 in.
That's... incredibly precise of them.

I wonder what happens when fording water 509mm deep? Utter destruction, no doubt—we've all tried the "caulk the Jeep and float it" approach before. That's how I lost my wife, three sacks of flour, and 4 boxes of bullets that I was planning to use to cause mass wildlife extinction on the plains.

Excuse me, I need to go die of dysentery now.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 06-14-2015, 04:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 566
Thanks: 52
Thanked 104 Times in 71 Posts
Rep Power: 1354
farfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond reputefarfromovin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Testimonial for DOMs DEF injector/ harness protection plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
That's... incredibly precise of them.

I wonder what happens when fording water 509mm deep? Utter destruction, no doubt—we've all tried the "caulk the Jeep and float it" approach before. That's how I lost my wife, three sacks of flour, and 4 boxes of bullets that I was planning to use to cause mass wildlife extinction on the plains.

Excuse me, I need to go die of dysentery now.

Yeah, you don't want to know what happens at 509mm depth
__________________
'15 GC 4x4 Summit - GDE Hot Tune, Berger N54 ccv catch can, 4300k Philips HID fogs, VLED TRITON V3 LED brake lights
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vulnerable DEF injector wiring! falcon2017 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 158 11-06-2015 10:07 AM
Do the MOPAR rock rails cover the DEF injector? cageordie 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 11 09-24-2015 01:07 PM
DEF Injector Protection jjeling 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 21 10-14-2014 03:26 PM
Novemeber Specials, Free S/H (orders over $150) & Testimonial Contest for $100 Credit DetailedImage.com Detailed Image 0 11-03-2009 03:47 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.