Originally Posted by mtnmerlin
I finally found this. From page 520 of the owners manual:...
Maybe you should read page 7 & 8 from the Diesel Supplement.
The diesel engine does not require a break-in period due
to its construction. Normal operation is allowed, providing
the following recommendations are followed:
• Warm up the engine before placing it under load.
• Do not operate the engine at idle for prolonged periods.
• Use the appropriate transmission gear to prevent
• Observe vehicle oil pressure and temperature indicators.
• Check the coolant and oil levels frequently.
• Vary throttle position at highway speeds when carrying
or towing significant weight.
NOTE: Light duty operation such as light trailer towing
or no load operation will extend the time before the
engine is at full efficiency. Reduced fuel economy and
power may be seen at this time.