Well, picked up the car this afternoon from Jeep....an interesting experience.
Got there right on 4:30, passed our car at the back of the dealership and parked our old one a few spots down.
Had a quick once over then went inside. Now, our sales guy was off on bereavement leave, and they had a few go sick so we ended up talking to the new car sales manager, who introduced us to the new car/fleet guy who ran us through the basics.
We got the two fobs, and did a brief external inspection. Then it was off we went. So the good things:
* Nobody offering us to buy paint protection/extended warranty.
* Friendly to deal with if not a bit harried due to the staffing.
* The dealer principal came out to congratulate us and said "you should put numberplate surrounds on, it'll look better" - i'd specified not the advertising type, and he went to the trouble of getting a couple (one off his wife's car nearby !) and it does look better
* We got the car with 44km on it.
* There was a bit of a smell which seemed to be engine like coming through the vents on our first drive. It's going now.
* The headlights had some mild condensation in them after about 30 minutes of driving.
* The headlights also were - how do i say it - emitting a wispy smoke ? I can only imagine that's due to the lights only being used a few times.
* There sounds like a small rattle with the subwoofer at high bass levels.
* The auto high beams are great
* Loving the memory seats
* Gave auto parking a go - bit scary and you need to practice a few times to get confident...worked a gem.
* ACC is a bit daunting (and remembering which button to press to activate it) at first, but tried it on the Eastern Fwy and it was amazing, as is the lane sense.
I updated the uConnect from 14.05.3 to 14.25.5 - I have one niggle though which I'll put out in the forums also:
I made a phone call out from the uConnect, it rang the phone, then when I went to hang it up, it ended up leaving a 20 minute voicemail message and then basically froze the phone module of uConnect (saying "calling xxxx" and locked me out from everything else on the phone screen). I paired my partner's phone and same issue with phone calls being made out although the phone module works fine.
When installing 14.25.5 it took about 15-20 minutes and had no errors. Not sure if I should go back to a prior version (if you can) or leave it as is - I know there's a newer version floating around but not sure if it's compatible with our KL.
This is with an iPhone 6 on 8.0.2.
Will put up pictures in the morning !