This is probably a good indication that the 2018 Hellcat Jeep will be $100k.. - Page 2 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > 2018+ Grand Cherokee Trackhawk

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 09-30-2016, 08:53 AM
barho's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 564
Thanks: 17
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 3247
barho has a brilliant future
Re: This is probably a good indication that the 2018 Hellcat Jeep will be $100k..

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoungs View Post
I have noticed a major drop in 0-60 over the summer as well. Is this just temp related or difference in gas due to summer mix?
Temp related

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14  
Old 10-06-2016, 01:58 PM
cyanideg's Avatar
GO GREEN!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 636
Thanks: 50
Thanked 43 Times in 29 Posts
Rep Power: 6391
cyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: This is probably a good indication that the 2018 Hellcat Jeep will be $100k..

I paid about $72K after taxes for my loaded 14. If the trackhawk is much more than $80K im not buying. I really hope its around $80K!!!
__________________
2014 GCSRT8
White | Loaded

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cyanideg For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 10-06-2016, 04:22 PM
Milous's Avatar
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nottsure, Wair
Posts: 8,514
Thanks: 57
Thanked 5,465 Times in 1,935 Posts
Rep Power: 2467485
Milous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: This is probably a good indication that the 2018 Hellcat Jeep will be $100k..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanideg View Post
I really hope its around $80K!!!
With ADM, I don't think you'll find one under $100k...

If you really save up your $$$, and then some, you could get a Hellcat Jeep SRT AND Grand Wagoneer for only $250k. And to think I bought my first Jeep SRT that had a base MSRP of $39,995.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-06-2016, 04:24 PM
cyanideg's Avatar
GO GREEN!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 636
Thanks: 50
Thanked 43 Times in 29 Posts
Rep Power: 6391
cyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: This is probably a good indication that the 2018 Hellcat Jeep will be $100k..

Whats ADM?
__________________
2014 GCSRT8
White | Loaded

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-06-2016, 05:07 PM
SRTBLK's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 402
Thanks: 4
Thanked 93 Times in 70 Posts
Rep Power: 1678
SRTBLK is on a distinguished road
This is probably a good indication that the 2018 Hellcat Jeep will be $100k..

I hope milous is wrong for once....might be tough for me to pay 100k with additional dealer markup (ADM) not because I can't but because there are many performance SUV's options at that price point and jeep dealerships can't compete with all the perks those luxury dealerships provide with price tag....and jeep SRT won't be much of a bargain anymore compared to them


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2012 WK2 SRT8 Brilliant Black|Injen CAI|Borla S powdercoated|BT Bling|Debadge-ReBadged|5% Tint| Chrome Delete|Black Reflective Hitch Insert|TLS Rear Fog|6K LED Interior/Exterior Swap|Carbon Fiber Interior Kit|Brembo Cross Drilled Sport Rotors|RM Mid Drop
2005 WK1 5.7L Limited Brilliant Black
2005 WK1 Laredo Brilliant Black
2002 WJ Laredo Sport Bright Silver Metallic
1999 WJ Laredo Graphite Gray
1998 XJ Cherokee Sport Black
1997 ZJ Laredo Green
1993 ZJ Laredo Red
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SRTBLK For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 10-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Milous's Avatar
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nottsure, Wair
Posts: 8,514
Thanks: 57
Thanked 5,465 Times in 1,935 Posts
Rep Power: 2467485
Milous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: This is probably a good indication that the 2018 Hellcat Jeep will be $100k..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTBLK View Post
I hope milous is wrong for once....might be tough for me to pay 100k with additional dealer markup (ADM) not because I can't but because there are many performance SUV's options at that price point and jeep dealerships can't compete with all the perks those luxury dealerships provide with price tag....and jeep SRT won't be much of a bargain anymore compared to them
Upon release, and for awhile thereafter, it's going to be one of the hottest and most sought after vehicles on the planet. As with the initial release of the Hellcat Challenger, it will be very difficult to find one at MSRP. While a few lucky people had found Challenger Hellcats at MSRP along the way, there were many who paid ADM's of 5k, 10k and even 20k and higher.

It has taken two full years for the Challenger Hellcats to be common at MSRP. I expect the Jeep to have a base MSRP of no less than, or very close to, $79,990. Add options, taxes, ADM etc. and there won't be much change left out of a $100,000 bill.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Milous For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 10-06-2016, 08:55 PM
scaljeep's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 91
Thanks: 20
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 354
scaljeep is on a distinguished road
Re: This is probably a good indication that the 2018 Hellcat Jeep will be $100k..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTBLK View Post
I hope milous is wrong for once....might be tough for me to pay 100k with additional dealer markup (ADM) not because I can't but because there are many performance SUV's options at that price point and jeep dealerships can't compete with all the perks those luxury dealerships provide with price tag....and jeep SRT won't be much of a bargain anymore compared to them


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

I completely agree. I am a jeep guy but if you are pushing 100k then you might as well go for a M sport or AMG and get treated like gold at the luxury level. I'm a jeep guy but for that price I would rather invest in a Range Rover or Porsche.

We will see what the HP ends up being...is 707 really possible ?


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-06-2016, 08:58 PM
scaljeep's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 91
Thanks: 20
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 354
scaljeep is on a distinguished road
Re: This is probably a good indication that the 2018 Hellcat Jeep will be $100k..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
Upon release, and for awhile thereafter, it's going to be one of the hottest and most sought after vehicles on the planet. As with the initial release of the Hellcat Challenger, it will be very difficult to find one at MSRP. While a few lucky people had found Challenger Hellcats at MSRP along the way, there were many who paid ADM's of 5k, 10k and even 20k and higher.



It has taken two full years for the Challenger Hellcats to be common at MSRP. I expect the Jeep to have a base MSRP of no less than, or very close to, $79,990. Add options, taxes, ADM etc. and there won't be much change left out of a $100,000 bill.




If that's the case then jeep dealerships need to step up their game. I've shopped quite a few in SoCal and none have been impressive. The dealership I bought my $78k msrp Night Edition wasn't even fully detailed and had major water spotting. I had to take it to a friend and he put 8 hours into it getting them out.

I also think the "track hawk" name leaves something to be desired.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-07-2016, 10:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 264
GWTSRT1 is on a distinguished road
Re: This is probably a good indication that the 2018 Hellcat Jeep will be $100k..

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaljeep View Post
If that's the case then jeep dealerships need to step up their game. I've shopped quite a few in SoCal and none have been impressive. The dealership I bought my $78k msrp Night Edition wasn't even fully detailed and had major water spotting. I had to take it to a friend and he put 8 hours into it getting them out.

I also think the "track hawk" name leaves something to be desired.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
I agree that many Jeep dealers are iffy at best as far as customer service goes. And as much as the SRT and its $60k-$80k pricing should encourage dealers to step up their game, I think what happens is they simply see the profit potential and figure the SRT is something that they don't have to "sell", because most of us who own or want to buy one know more about them than most sales people.

I was surprised when I started shopping for an JGC SRT, because the way I was treated at several dealerships was appalling (at best). These experiences were made worse by the completely different experiences I had shopping for BMW X5's, where I was treated like a human. My wife really wanted me to get the X5 (50i), but it just doesn't fit with my company's vision and frankly I like the fact that the JGC SRT is rough around the edges.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-07-2016, 09:16 PM
scaljeep's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 91
Thanks: 20
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 354
scaljeep is on a distinguished road
Re: This is probably a good indication that the 2018 Hellcat Jeep will be $100k..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTSRT1 View Post
I agree that many Jeep dealers are iffy at best as far as customer service goes. And as much as the SRT and its $60k-$80k pricing should encourage dealers to step up their game, I think what happens is they simply see the profit potential and figure the SRT is something that they don't have to "sell", because most of us who own or want to buy one know more about them than most sales people.



I was surprised when I started shopping for an JGC SRT, because the way I was treated at several dealerships was appalling (at best). These experiences were made worse by the completely different experiences I had shopping for BMW X5's, where I was treated like a human. My wife really wanted me to get the X5 (50i), but it just doesn't fit with my company's vision and frankly I like the fact that the JGC SRT is rough around the edges.

My experience was the exact same. I wasn't treated poorly necessarily but the whole experience wasn't what it was when I purchased my wife's Mercedes. For example, they didn't even have bottled water and it took me 5-6 hours to go in pre-negotiated paying cash. Only to get a water-spotted car.

The track hawk will really have to impress me in order to get me to go through that again. Having said that, I do love my GC SRT


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-08-2016, 09:26 AM
hound's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 514
Thanks: 7
Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Rep Power: 3154
hound is on a distinguished road
Re: This is probably a good indication that the 2018 Hellcat Jeep will be $100k..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
With ADM, I don't think you'll find one under $100k...

If you really save up your $$$, and then some, you could get a Hellcat Jeep SRT AND Grand Wagoneer for only $250k. And to think I bought my first Jeep SRT that had a base MSRP of $39,995.
If Jeep thinks they can sell a $150,000 SUV, they are nuts.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-08-2016, 10:22 AM
SRTBLK's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 402
Thanks: 4
Thanked 93 Times in 70 Posts
Rep Power: 1678
SRTBLK is on a distinguished road
Re: This is probably a good indication that the 2018 Hellcat Jeep will be $100k..

it would have to fly ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2012 WK2 SRT8 Brilliant Black|Injen CAI|Borla S powdercoated|BT Bling|Debadge-ReBadged|5% Tint| Chrome Delete|Black Reflective Hitch Insert|TLS Rear Fog|6K LED Interior/Exterior Swap|Carbon Fiber Interior Kit|Brembo Cross Drilled Sport Rotors|RM Mid Drop
2005 WK1 5.7L Limited Brilliant Black
2005 WK1 Laredo Brilliant Black
2002 WJ Laredo Sport Bright Silver Metallic
1999 WJ Laredo Graphite Gray
1998 XJ Cherokee Sport Black
1997 ZJ Laredo Green
1993 ZJ Laredo Red
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jeep

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 jeep hellcat grand cherokee spotted trackhawk Scottina06 2018+ Grand Cherokee Trackhawk 11 05-02-2016 01:07 PM
Fuel level indication too high Frango100 Troubleshooting/Problems 0 12-09-2015 02:37 PM
Cold engine oil temperature indication. garrri71 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 4 12-01-2015 03:17 PM
Temperature indication in EVIC seedar Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ 2 08-16-2014 12:01 AM
Hit 100k miles on the jeep! viking757 Grand Cherokee - WK 8 09-27-2011 06:53 PM

» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.