Hello from Buffalo, NY
Hi all, new member here. I bought a 2014 JGC Limited back in the end of June '15, and have just recently come across this site. Tons of info and can't wait to make my way through the forums further.
As far as my GJC, it's a Brilliant Black Limited with (probably) some of the lowest level options (bought it used with 17k miles, so didn't have much of a choice, haha). Because of this, there's a bunch of stuff I would like to do, depending on funds. But, here are the "main" things I would like to do:
- Either a) upgrade the headlights to the bi-xenon factory options with the custom harness on here or b) buy the LED headlights on ebay, then drop in some XenonDepot HIDs
- Black out all logos/most chrome to make it more like an Altitude version (this is what I was originally looking at brand new, but didn't want the payments as much as they would have been)
- Would love to swap out the small radio with an 8.4" with Nav (do you have to pay a monthly subscription for the Nav? If so, probably not worth it then)
- Add a tow hitch (a little confused on how much this entails and if I need to go to the dealer to get anything "activated")
- Wheel swap? Would be nice to have a set for summer and a set for winter, being that we get heavy snow here in Buffalo
- Make it more visually resemble the SRT (tails, heads, bumpers, etc.), assuming some of these can be direct swaps (not including the headlights, which I know aren't a direct swap because of the harness)
Anything else you all recommend? Personally, performance upgrades aren't really necessary, I'm more of a visual guy.
Regardless, glad to be a part of the community and I look forward to learning from all of you.