Hello from New York
My name is Keith, Im a new member to the forum, but not new to cars. Just bought a 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L Hemi with 125k on the clock. Previously Ive had 2 lifted 2nd gen Ford Explorers (a V6 that i turbo'd and a V8 that I kept relatively stock). I also currently own a 2005.5 Audi A4 2.0T quattro with way too much money invested in it. Ive also owned a couple of older Volkswagens in the past.
I look forward to meeting some of you and learning as much as I can about my new rig. I do have plans for it, but I dont plan on going crazy as it will be my daily.
Plans: (preferably in this order)
1. Needs a tune up very badly. Plugs, PCV, EGR, Seafoam, throttle body cleaning, belt, etc. Trying to bump it from the 12.3mpg to somewhere in the 14-15 range.
2. HID's: 6000k in the low beams and fogs, yellow high beams
3. OME HD Lift and 265/70r17s
4. True CAI: will most likely fab one myself
5. Possibly a larger TB (been looking at "The Fastman")
6. SRT headers if I get bored (or something similar), along with a more free flowing exhaust, although I would like it to stay relatively quiet
7. Superlift kit - probably a year or so down the road, along with larger tires.
Any advice on what this truck needs is greatly appreciated.