Just a quick update -
Had the Jeep 4 weeks now and done a few things ...
Heating not working
- blend doors replaced with METAL aftermarket ones. Cut an access panel and replaced, easy job really - just budget about 2 hours to do with a dremmel (although 30mins of that was getting the damn glove box out!)
No Overdrive / choppy into gear
- Code P700 showing on dash, P0731 (incorrect gear ratio - 1st) showing with my OBD2 code reader. Suspected and replaced both input and output sensors. Easy job (again) do not even have to lift the jeep - now smoothly enguages and O/D is back
Incorrect lights showing on dash
- noticed when the P700 code was present the Check Engine light should be on. Removed dash - noticed somone had removed some bulbs!! Replaced all the missing ones, all now functioning and one lights up that is not in the manual! (not quite sure what that one is - red in the top left of the dash, looks like a wide based beaker!)
Hand Brake (E-brake) cable snapped
- well the little welded bung on the end of the front wire came off when pulling up. New cable replaced - note you do NOT have to take out the entire interior - back seats out and you can just about lift the carpet to gain access
Bulbs replaced all around
- one sidelight had gone and the indicator bulbs were more white than orange. Replaced with HID-light bulbs and correct ones all around
Rear light guards
- Matte black for a little protection from the bad drivers around...
Things to do
Blow in manifold
- just started it one day to the sounds of a blow - suspect broken bolt or loose, hopefully not a crack in the manifold - noise goes after >1min as everything expands
- although looks ok, i have no paperwork to when it was changed. Still not sure if its a Dana 35 or 44 on the rear for fluid change
- just because I fancy some
Still happy with my purchase and the things that have gone wrong are really all wear and tear parts and i got it for a steal in the first place
Just hope we have some snow here in the UK this year...