Originally Posted by *sox*
the unit work, you can only not eject the disc?
the install are sucessfull incl. front Controller install?
for remove the disc open the Display from Hand and push the 2 seek Buttons and nav together.
let me know.
Thanks for the quick response. Me and wife are nervous that this is our first vehicle with all these nice gadgets and that I broke it. Hope it comes back to normal life.
The unit works in the sense that it is not "bricked". But no audio what so ever from HDD/AM/FM/Satellite and Disc. I didnt receive any error messages after install.
Here is the sequence of events:
1. Burnt 9.713 update in a CD-R disc at 8x (unfortunately NCH Express burn didnt give option for 2x) burn.
2. Made sure CD label read "RER_9.713" with contents showing one folder and 2 files.
3. Started the vehicle and inserted the disc.
4. It recognized and after some time prompted me to accept if I was updating to 9.713.
5. After I accepted, it went through security checks, showed individual module update and overall update status.
6. After may be 10-15 min or so it rebooted and I said something like front controller while updating.
7. After another reboot it started into the regular display, no prompts to upgrade again so I could hit "No" and eject disc. This is when problem started with no audio from Mygig except navigation.
8. I get only navigation related video, audio (From driver side speaker) and routing features although a bit slower than before.
9. I did try the manual eject method, but regardless of the disc, the Disc mode says "Reading" and no further action.
Does all these make sense? Sorry if I typed too lengthy.