Originally Posted by Gunswinger
Thanks everyone great to get a hardy welcome for sure. And thanks qbnkid I learned what BB is . Thanks and I would love to see the before and after pictures. I have a new friend that owned a jeep dealership for several years. Of course he had a massive off road jeep. I am not into that even tho that would be fun. I want a rig that I can go down town as easy as up the mountain. Not to much of either. Thanks again everyone.
Your welcome sir!
When I did the BB lift I also added front and back Addco antisway bars, that made a big difference. Even thou the center of gravity was now higher it felt better and more stable taking some turns at highway speeds, overall it felt and still feels a much better ride than stock. My wife and I enjoy driving the WJ even more after we did the lift than when it was stock, we have always recommended it to others.
Here's a list of what I used for my BB lift...
- Teraflex 2" Budget Boost (with bumpstop extensions)
- RE (Rubicon Express) monotube shocks
- Kevin's rear shock sleeve kit
- JKS front swaybar disconnects (not installed yet)
And the tires I'm running...
- P265/65SR-17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo
Rest of the mods I have on the WJ...
- Addco front 1.25" antisway bar
- Addco rear 1.0" antisway bar
- Kolak Performance 3" exhaust components (Magnaflow high flow cat, Flowmaster 70 series muffler, mandrel bent tailpipe)
- Magnaflow rolled edge stainless steel exhaust tip
- AIRAID CAI (Cold Air Intake)
- Superchips programmer
- The Fastman ported 68.5 mm throttle body
- Energy Red Polyurethane greaseable bar mount bushings
- 3rd Gen. projector headlights
- 6000K HIDs (lows)
- Projector fog lights
-Optima Yellow Top
- Chrome front tow hooks
- All interior lights retrofitted with pure white LEDs from V-LEDS
- OEM Nav radio with Sirius Satellite and OEM CD changer.
- Quad tail light mod (added extra bulb at the lowest non used location of the tail lights)
- MOPAR rear cargo organizer with locking door
- MOPAR painted & molded front bar
- WeatherTech molded FloorLiners
- Side window deflectors
That's all I can remember for now.
And no I'm not done yet
. I still need to redo the front tints and retrofit the rear tail light bulb with LEDs.
Sorry for the long post but I think you'll appreciate all the little thing that can be done to these jeeps that can make them more enjoyable in performance and appearance. At least it does to me
Here's a before and after pic with the 2 1/2" lift.
I hope that helps!
Here's a pic of how she currently looks with the front OEM Molded Mopar bar and my mountain bike rack.