Our JGC came in!
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, High Altitude Edition, 5.7L Hemi. There aren't a lot of options on the HA, we got the 19 speaker Harman Kardon 19 speaker stereo, the engine block heater (for $95 why not?) and that's it. The only things that leaves off were a single disc CD player and rear-seat entertainment (our Boston Terriers can live without it
I thought about getting the SRT with the 6.4L Hemi, or even waiting on the supposed Hellcat-powered version in '17 but honestly it's not a hot rod. The SRT loses a lot of the legitimate off-road capability. While we don't intend to rock-crawl the thing it will go on some excursion type camping trips and out to my family cabin.
(yes, took the MoHo to pick it up, made a weekend out of it)
(stance in "parking lot pimpin" mode)
(playing w/ the air suspension)
(already doing work - groceries and a Cold Air Intake)
The plans for it are very minor, but you know I can't leave it alone:
- AFE CAI.
- Custom Exhaust - this is THE quietest V8 I've ever heard, I mean it's silent. Her 5.7L Hemi truck was a bit loud, nearly obnoxious with a big 1 chamber flow and a turn-down, we'll be going a bit more refined with this one. We'll be replacing the 4 factory mufflers/resonators (one each per side) with a single Magnaflow per side and some custom tips to work with the rear-bumper design. I'm still a little unsure how it'll work out, so if we don't like it I'll just pay the big $$$$ and get the newly resigned Corsa.
- Clear Bra - front fascia, hood, behind wheels, lower rockers.
- OEM SRT LED Foglights - sort of annoying they don't just include them on the upper trim-levels, but only the SRT gets them.
- Osram 5500K HID bulbs (it has factory HIDs, but these are said to be a much closer match to the pure-white LED driving lights and fogs)
- Gloss Black Calipers
- Tint front windows
- All sorts of Weathertech mats and various back seat/door panel protection for the dogs - hardcore modding here!
We're still debating blacking out the window chrome and the chrome accents on the front and rear bumpers. Maybe something semi-translucent, more of a "black chrome" look. I don't want it to look like a cheap "murdered out" car somebody went to town on with a can of Krylon, but I'm not sure the bright chrome fits it either. Also, maybe a very subtle tint on the tail lights to match the factory head lights better.