I'm considering a WK2 with the EcoDiesel. My son bought one in Dec and is 'thumbs up' so far.
I previously had a 1994 Grand Cherokee that I loved for well over 200K miles (I made my wife stay home and meet the guys that picked it up when I donated it to a local charity... too painful to hand over the keys myself).
I plan to use the car as:
- a tow vehicle for a variety of boats (little 13' Boston Whaler) up to an 18' Whaler Dauntless that probably aggregates 4,000 lbs loaded on trailer.
- a 'weekend handyman hauler' (I'll definitely get roof racks for lumber, etc.)
- my hunting truck (dirt roads, deer carried externally on a 'hitchhaul',... probably no real off-road)
- a snowy weather vehicle
- a daily driver after my 207K miles Camry dies
- a shared family vehicle until #5
I'm thinking of a Limited + diesel (with req'd Luxury II pkg) + tow package + advanced tech package (as I get older the collision avoidance & blind spot assistance sounds better and better) + Uconnect 8.4 w/ NAv (ditto the getting older part) + roof racks
I'll probably keep the Jeep as long as I can (15+ years per car is my norm; At almost 60, it may be the last car I need to buy...)
What advice would you folks offer?
- Comments on the above proposed configuration?
- I'm near Annapolis, MD. Where/how should I buy? what would be a good price?
- Should I buy an extended warranty? If so, which one?
- Roof racks from Jeep or after market (which ones?)
Thanks in advance for your help.