43. married. No kids, but we have a 150 pound Mastiff named Jake. I work as an IT Director for my company.
I'm a new member here, but not new to Jeeps. I've been a long-time senior member of another Jeep forum that specializes in XJ Cherokees.
Three weeks ago I bought a 2011 WK2 Limited 4x4 with QDII, leather, NAV, and a panoramic sunroof, with 76K miles on it. It's in amazing condition for it's age. The interior is almost pristine, and the exterior has only a couple of minor flaws in the finish that you really have to hunt to find. So far, all I've done is install a Mopar receiver hitch.
Future Plans include:
- 2.5" RRO lift
- RRO front winch plate and combo bumper
- Smitty 8K winch
- Surco UB4560 rack
- LED lights on rack and front bumper
- New wheels and Toyo Open County AT II tires
- Mopar rock sliders
- Chief Products Lower Front Guard kit
- Assorted skid plates
- Trailhawk hood decal
- On board air
- Brighter headlights (the factory HID xenons seem dim compared to the ones I put in my XJ.)
Over the last 20 years I have had:
- 78 CJ5 MIL-Spec with 46K original miles that I bought from a retired Army Colonel. Wish I still had that one.
- 89 YJ. My worst Jeep owning experience. Puegot transmission and lots of leftover parts from the shelves of the Chrysler supply chain went into the design of that one.
- 02 TJ Wrangler. Great vehicle. Bought it new and drove it for 10 years on construction sites. When I sold it it had 147K miles on the clock and had never been in the shop. Just replacement of normal items (plugs, filters, belt, etc.) I paid $18,600 for it new, and got $10K from the first guy that looked at it 10 years later. Pretty good resale value.
- 98 XJ Cherokee. This one has been my daily driver for the last 5 years. The nearly two page list of things I've done to it include a remanufactured ATK longblock in it, a 2" Old Man Emu lift, Spartan rear locker, Surco rack with LED light pods, Bilstein shocks, Pro Stop rotors and pads, Dodge Neon injectors, Or-Fab winch bumper with Smitty 8K Competition winch with synthetic line, and a custom stereo system.
I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to sell it or not.