I've been lurking for a while and decided to jump into the fray (first was about General Grabber AT2s, which I love!)
Here's my set up:
2004 SE, pretty much stock, graphite metallic with Mopar GC silver sport utility bars. I love it, its my baby! And I'm pretty anal about my Jeep for a chick!
I've seen so many great mods posted here so I was hoping to get some answers to the questions I have. Keep in mind, I am a newbie to car/Jeep terms.
1. I'd like to upgrade my stock wheels to 17" ones. Really like the mineral gray Rubicons or the dark gray painted Commander wheels in the pic below:
I like the black-outs on many of the Jeeps here, but am very intrigued about doing a tone-on-tone treatment. Will both of these wheel types fit the WJ? Any good places to look for these deals on these wheels?
2. Once I decide on the wheel, I'll be getting new tires. I'll get another set of GG At2s WLs. BUT... I also need new shocks and would really love a budget boost kit. I don't do any off-roading (though would love to someday), but want a beefy-tough look. What would you recommend for a 2.5" kit? Will I need sway bars? How about coils? And related... what's the largest tire I can get without and mods/rubbing?
Oh, and will a full size tire fit in the spare compartment? What's the largest tire/wheel combo that will fit?
3. LOVE the projector headlights/fogs. Thoughts on the chrome vs. smoke, keeping in mind I like the subtle silver accents on the SE? Which brand do you recommend?
4. I have 118,000 miles and haven't had any of the transfer case fluids or axle fluids changed. Should I? Is it true only a dealer can do this?
5. When I back up then put on the brakes, I hear a strange click/creeking sound. It's not the brakes / rotors since they're pretty new. It only happens in reverse, and when the Jeep comes to a stop. It seems to be with the transfer of weight. Any ideas?
6. Where can I get one of those sweet shorty antennas??? Can I install it myself? (if there are instructions, I can be dangerous).
7. I will likely start towing things this summer, with the largest thing being (possibly) and ultra lite trailer. With a V6, will I need to get a transmission cooling fan? (had the OEM hitch put on last summer).
LOVE to have list:
- Overland rockrails (like the Vision series) or Freedom bars
- Silver rails (like the Freedom/Vision series)
What other cool mods/enhancements do you suggest? Oh, and special kudos to the member who did the aux tape/iPod instructions. I did most of that and the sound if pretty darn good!
ps: pic to come soon!