I'm very new to offroad world. It's been 6th month since I bought my 07 CRD WK. I understood that offroad abilities were limited by its ground clearance. Although I might only do some mild offroading : tracks of north Africa, Scotland, Iceland... (yes I'm french...).
I have some constaints:
- Wheels must not stick out or very little (I could get fines for that)
- I have to keep my factory wheels and tires as we have here a mandatory control every two years and the vehicle must be stock (spacers forbidden but OME setup might be OK)
- I only have 10 cm roof clearance in the garage box I'm renting (living in a flat, I'm a parking lot mechanic...) so the lift should keep under 10 cm
I figured out various options:
- Stock height/Bilsteins HD or Koni/front levelling spacer/AEV Pintlers/ 265-65 R17 or 255-70 R17
- OME MD / AEV Pintlers/ 265-70 R17 or 255-75 R17 (those are hard to find)
Do you think they will meet my constraints?
Does it look that awkward to have OME MD with my stock 245-60 R18 tires? (I could answer my question by putting my car on floor jacks but picks should be easier). My WK is my daily drive.
I have a set of Good Year Ultragrip (winter tyre) in 245-60 R18 and Toyo Open Country H/T (mounted). We have here in Paris one or two days of snow and once a year I go skiing, I think it's not worth keeping the winter tyres?
What is the handling of the WK with A/T tyres under snow?
Thanks guys, I'll appreciate any help,