this chart sums it up
i had a rusty 2.5" lift on my WJ with MX6 shocks and a bigger rear sway bar.
i would recommend if you want a simple lift and dont want to change allot of parts get 2" BSD springs and bilstein shocks for 2" of a lift and spring isolators. spings $200 and shocks $300 + shipping.
the better shocks you get the better the ride and you can look at BB budget boost over springs but the ride is harsher but cheper
if you want higher 2.5" need just as much things as 3" lift so just get a 3" done. i was going to add 3/4" spacer to be a bit over 3" so i could have more ground clearances on the trails. only reason why i picked upo teh 2.54" lift is becase i scored a new set for under $200 shipped.
at 3" i would recommend getting
- 3" iro sprinsg and bilstein shocks http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFW
comes with track bar and rear sway bar links which you will need
- need "BPE" bar pin eliminators for the front shocks to mount to the WJ and JKS makes a good set for $40 +shipping http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFW
- will want to repace all the coils isolators (they hold the springs and get destroyed over the years causing you to loss 3/4" to 1") $1000 shipped from rockauto for 8
- a steering stabilizer from moog usually called "
SuperTrail boss" modle number
SSD107 $55 + shipping
- if you plane on offroading and want to flex allot look into a set of front quick disconnects, $60 +shipping from rusty http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xtras_1131.html
- a bigger rear sway bar from addco will help keep body roll down and make the jeep drive better $150 + shipping model # 684 and will want the greasable bushing set so you dont get sounds over bumps $25, modle # 9.5161G not need but it helps allot even at stock
if you want to offroad and want clearances go for the 3" if you have the money but a 2" will work just as good on the trails.
if you have any questions post or pm me