Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Modifications & Enhancements > Off Road Modifications

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 01-29-2012, 10:01 PM
zero_psi's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2009 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bhills
Posts: 202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1075
zero_psi will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Lifts and tire size thread :)

Gonna try and compile this so it will help people choose a lift and maybe a tire to go with it.

1. Rustys 4.5" lift Price: $1,550.00
4.5"
A lifted WK or XK will clear 33½ tall rubber, depending on wheel width and offset. The V-8 equipped Jeeps (especially the Heims) will have no problems pulling this size tire, even without a gear ratio change. i think they just copied that from superlifts web site
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...ry_Code=WKKITS

2. Super Lift
4" Lift System
A lifted WK or XK will clear 33½ to 34½ tall rubber, depending on wheel width and offset. The V-8 equipped Jeeps (especially the Hemis) will have no problems pulling this size tire, even without a gear ratio change.
http://www.superlift.com/Catalog.asp?V=281&P=K864

3. Rock Krawler 3.5 Inch X Factor System... Suggested Retail: $349.00
3.5 Inch
Allows for 31 Inch Tires with no Fender Trimming or 32x11.5's with Minor Fender Trimming. Shown with 33x10.5R17 SSR's (265/70R17 SSR's) on 17x9 Helo Max 6 Wheels with 4.5 Inches of Back Space.
http://rockkrawler.com/

4. Rocky Road 2.25" $250
2.25"
We've received many questions on tire sizing with this lift.
The answer is.... there is no single answer. Wheel size and backspace can make as much or more of a difference as tire size. The design of the knuckle assembly makes it close quarters width-wise for oversize tire fitment
265/70R17 depending on tire

5. Old Man Emu 2" around $800
2" medium and heavy duty depending on load
These systems include front and rear coil springs, and Emu Nitrocharger shock absorbers. This system will allow fitment of 31” tall tires for maximum performance.. Many forum member have this lift and love it.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/76090_60X_PG.htm

6. Rustys budget 2" lift Price: $159.00
2"
Rusty's WK budget boost is a proven way to get your vehicle up for extra ground clearance and to clear oversized tires. The Rusty’s kit consist of two strut spacers in the front, two poly spacers in the rear.
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...ry_Code=WKKITS

7. Day Star leveling kit $153.55
2"
ComfortRide™ Suspension Coil Spring Spacer Kit
High Density Progressive Polyurethane
Lifts Vehicle Without Sacrificing Ride Quality or Load-Carrying Capacity
Easiest Way to Add larger Tires & Wheels
Maximum recommended tire size: 31"
Improves Ground Clearance
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Includes Front Strut Spacers, Strut Plates and Rear Coil Spacers
http://www.daystarweb.com/productdet...?productID=373

8.Bilstein HD shocks $300 for all 4
3/4"
3/4" lift and will stiffen the ride.
www.summitracing.com
BSN-24-029636 is the part number for the fronts
BSN-24-029643 for the rears

please let me kno on other lifts and ill add them
__________________

__________________
"B000ST"
08 Rubicon-Sold
05 srt4 commemorative edtion-Sold
06 Sti....:cool:- sold
09-WK 5.7 Overland:thumbsup:
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 866
Blizzboy283 is on a distinguished road
Re: Lifts and tire size thread :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_psi View Post
Gonna try and compile this so it will help people choose a lift and maybe a tire to go with it.

1. Rustys 4.5" lift Price: $1,550.00
4.5"
A lifted WK or XK will clear 33½ tall rubber, depending on wheel width and offset. The V-8 equipped Jeeps (especially the Heims) will have no problems pulling this size tire, even without a gear ratio change. i think they just copied that from superlifts web site
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...ry_Code=WKKITS

2. Super Lift
4" Lift System
A lifted WK or XK will clear 33½ to 34½ tall rubber, depending on wheel width and offset. The V-8 equipped Jeeps (especially the Hemis) will have no problems pulling this size tire, even without a gear ratio change.
http://www.superlift.com/Catalog.asp?V=281&P=K864

3. Rock Krawler 3.5 Inch X Factor System... Suggested Retail: $349.00
3.5 Inch
Allows for 31 Inch Tires with no Fender Trimming or 32x11.5's with Minor Fender Trimming. Shown with 33x10.5R17 SSR's (265/70R17 SSR's) on 17x9 Helo Max 6 Wheels with 4.5 Inches of Back Space.
http://rockkrawler.com/

4. Rocky Road 2.25" $250
2.25"
We've received many questions on tire sizing with this lift.
The answer is.... there is no single answer. Wheel size and backspace can make as much or more of a difference as tire size. The design of the knuckle assembly makes it close quarters width-wise for oversize tire fitment
265/70R17 depending on tire

5. Old Man Emu 2" around $800
2" medium and heavy duty depending on load
These systems include front and rear coil springs, and Emu Nitrocharger shock absorbers. This system will allow fitment of 31” tall tires for maximum performance.. Many forum member have this lift and love it.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/76090_60X_PG.htm

6. Rustys budget 2" lift Price: $159.00
2"
Rusty's WK budget boost is a proven way to get your vehicle up for extra ground clearance and to clear oversized tires. The Rusty’s kit consist of two strut spacers in the front, two poly spacers in the rear.
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...ry_Code=WKKITS

7. Day Star leveling kit $153.55
2"
ComfortRide™ Suspension Coil Spring Spacer Kit
High Density Progressive Polyurethane
Lifts Vehicle Without Sacrificing Ride Quality or Load-Carrying Capacity
Easiest Way to Add larger Tires & Wheels
Maximum recommended tire size: 31"
Improves Ground Clearance
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Includes Front Strut Spacers, Strut Plates and Rear Coil Spacers
http://www.daystarweb.com/productdet...?productID=373

8.Bilstein HD shocks $300 for all 4
3/4"
3/4" lift and will stiffen the ride.
www.summitracing.com
BSN-24-029636 is the part number for the fronts
BSN-24-029643 for the rears

please let me kno on other lifts and ill add them
Wow, I've been looking everywhere for the part numbers for the Bilsteins. Thanks!

Are these the size you want to use with a 2"bb?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-31-2012, 04:44 PM
zero_psi's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2009 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bhills
Posts: 202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1075
zero_psi will become famous soon enough
Re: Lifts and tire size thread :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzboy283 View Post
Wow, I've been looking everywhere for the part numbers for the Bilsteins. Thanks!

Are these the size you want to use with a 2"bb?
those work or u can go with a 5100
__________________
"B000ST"
08 Rubicon-Sold
05 srt4 commemorative edtion-Sold
06 Sti....:cool:- sold
09-WK 5.7 Overland:thumbsup:
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-31-2012, 04:54 PM
JeepCoop's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2007 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6,742
Thanks: 360
Thanked 74 Times in 71 Posts
Rep Power: 1892430
JeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond repute
2.5" Rough Country lift w Bilstein struts and shocks and I've got 265/70R17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/Ts W no rubbing at all
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Build Thread

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-01-2012, 10:47 AM
antsjeep's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 760
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 8576
antsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lifts and tire size thread :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCoop View Post
2.5" Rough Country lift w Bilstein struts and shocks and I've got 265/70R17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/Ts W no rubbing at all
how did you get 2.5"? did you add their spacers to the standard RC 2" kit?
__________________
2008 WK Laredo 4x4
RC 2.5" Lift, Bilstein HD, Monroe LL, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2, JK Moabs, 1.25" spacers, K&N 57 Series, PW Mod,
DDM 5k Lows, VLED 6K LED Fogs, Stillen Covers, 15% front tint, BA System, Infinity 3.5" dash, JL Audio 250/1 & StealthBox
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-01-2012, 10:51 AM
JeepCoop's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2007 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6,742
Thanks: 360
Thanked 74 Times in 71 Posts
Rep Power: 1892430
JeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond repute
No, thats what "they" (RC) say. The .5 is up front only to level out the Jeep.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Build Thread

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 AM
antsjeep's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 760
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 8576
antsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lifts and tire size thread :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCoop View Post
No, thats what "they" (RC) say. The .5 is up front only to level out the Jeep.
so should i change my sig to 2.5" ? haha
__________________
2008 WK Laredo 4x4
RC 2.5" Lift, Bilstein HD, Monroe LL, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2, JK Moabs, 1.25" spacers, K&N 57 Series, PW Mod,
DDM 5k Lows, VLED 6K LED Fogs, Stillen Covers, 15% front tint, BA System, Infinity 3.5" dash, JL Audio 250/1 & StealthBox
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-01-2012, 12:08 PM
JeepCoop's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2007 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6,742
Thanks: 360
Thanked 74 Times in 71 Posts
Rep Power: 1892430
JeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond repute
Well if you have Bilsteins too then ya might as well change it to 3.25" lolz
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Build Thread

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-01-2012, 10:16 PM
zero_psi's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2009 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bhills
Posts: 202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1075
zero_psi will become famous soon enough
Re: Lifts and tire size thread :)

i dont kno if i want to lift mine or go vip...
__________________
"B000ST"
08 Rubicon-Sold
05 srt4 commemorative edtion-Sold
06 Sti....:cool:- sold
09-WK 5.7 Overland:thumbsup:
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-07-2012, 12:33 PM
zero_psi's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2009 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bhills
Posts: 202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1075
zero_psi will become famous soon enough
Re: Lifts and tire size thread :)

hopefully this helps people
__________________
"B000ST"
08 Rubicon-Sold
05 srt4 commemorative edtion-Sold
06 Sti....:cool:- sold
09-WK 5.7 Overland:thumbsup:
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Megatron's Avatar
Super Moderator

My Jeep: 2007 WK
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 12,159
Thanks: 158
Thanked 116 Times in 108 Posts
Rep Power: 2898974
Megatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Lifts and tire size thread :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_psi View Post
i dont kno if i want to lift mine or go vip...
I want to lift mine, problem is who is going do it for me LOL.
__________________


PAUL
SEPT2013MEET
APRIL2013MEET
My Garage
My Album
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 PM
zero_psi's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2009 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bhills
Posts: 202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1075
zero_psi will become famous soon enough
Re: Lifts and tire size thread :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
I want to lift mine, problem is who is going do it for me LOL.
id do it for yah if u were in michigan
__________________

__________________
"B000ST"
08 Rubicon-Sold
05 srt4 commemorative edtion-Sold
06 Sti....:cool:- sold
09-WK 5.7 Overland:thumbsup:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire Size wkthursty Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 3 06-09-2011 05:54 PM
tire size silver bullit Off Road Modifications 3 09-10-2010 04:57 AM
What size of tire? 00wj Performance Modifications 39 04-22-2010 09:42 PM
Tire size? 2000 Grand Off Road Modifications 2 02-11-2010 09:03 PM
help with tire size erleep Wheels/Tires/Brakes 5 11-21-2009 10:45 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community