Suspension/Tire/Spacer plan - need help!!!
I have had my 2008 WK Overland 4x4 for almost a week now, and it is time for some upgrades. As soon as I receive feedback from you all, I plan on purchasing a new suspension and tires. Below is my current plan unless you all advise otherwise:
- OME MD suspension
- 265/60R18 Toyo A/Ts (30.6x10.7) to go on stock 18" Overland wheels
- wheel spacers if this above setup rubs in any way
- supersliders from rocky-road.com
- 4xGuard front skid plate
My questions are:
- If I am not running a winch bumper, the OME MD suspension would be the correct choice correct...not the HD?
- Do the Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers make the tires stick out past the fenders? If so, what other manufacturers offer wheel spacers for the WK smaller than 1.5"?
- Will 265/60R18s look too small with the OME suspension? Would you recommend going with 265/65R18s (31.7x10.7 for Toyo A/T)? I don't want to be down on power due to improper gearing for the tire height...and before you remind me that I have a Hemi, I must add that the Hemi is already not powerful enough for me with the stock tire height. Thanks in advance everyone!!!
- Oh yeah and finally, has anybody here ever sprayed their chrome stock wheel to black chrome? I think I remember seeing this on some car show a while ago...I would love to do this as I don't like chrome. I would love to do this for the wheels and all chrome body pieces.
2013 Porsche Cayenne diesel
2008 Jeep WK Overland 4x4 - OME, Spidertrax - SOLD
2008 Lexus ISF - 405whp - 12.0 @ 116.1 street tires
2006 Honda CBR1000RR - too much to list
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 - too much to list