I've read through all the threads on this topic, but I would still like some input.
I replaced my original battery Dec. 2009 with an OEM Mopar, because I got a fair price on it from my parts guy.
Two weeks ago I washed my Jeep, and left the doors and rear hatch open.
Went to start it when finished, and it would not turn over. It wasn't just a click when I turned the key, but it was the sound you get when your starter isn't getting enough voltage to engage the pinion. Boosted it, and let it run, all was well. Monday this week, I was out, arrived back home at 4 PM, parked in front of my garage, locked it with the fob, and left the Jeep outside for the night.
It was 50 degrees Monday night. Went out Tuesday morning, and the battery was so dead, the fob wouldn't even unlock the doors. Boosted it with the wife's car, and fine.
I check the battery Wednesday morning with my meter, it was 11.7V. Started it, and when running, 14.7V.
Checked this morning, 11.8V. Took battery to dealer, told me tested okay, and read 11.8V, but their tester said "recharge battery". So I left it with them to put on their charger to see if would take a charge. The battery has a full replacement warranty, but unless they can find a fault, I'm sol.
Isn't a normal voltage reading on an idle battery around 13V? I checked the battery in my wife's car, and it reads 12.95V.
Everything is stock in terms of electronics, except for the dealer installed Mopar remote start, which was installed in 2006.
Any thought on this would be appreciated;
2005 Midnight Blue 5.7 QDII
Superchipped 91 tune
Firestone Destination AT's
Infinity Reference speaker upgrade