Originally Posted by Scottina06
That's a sick ride bro! Love the stance and wheels/tires
Thanks, glad you like. To be fair, yours is much nicer though but well out of my budget so will be sticking with the wk1 for now
Originally Posted by Strongjeff
lol i am the same way lol. my jeep was stock like 2 weeks....that was 6 years ago lol
Ha ha yeah, i don't find forums help though. I was very known on one forum as I had basically done every modification humanly possible. Trouble is, someone else does something & it inspires me to do it even though the thought had never crossed my mind. The last car was going to stay 'standard' & ended up with full custom turbo setup lol
Originally Posted by roddaz
Hi nice jeep ! I have a 07 Grand crd.
I am interested in some of your mods for my own.
Auto mirror open and close.
Halo side repeaters/trail rated.
I have quite a few mods on my Jeep.
mopar body kit.inc roof spoiler.
20" Srt wheels .
Wrapped mirror caps and grille body colour.
Stainless wire mesh grille and lower grille.
Interior trim wrapped body colour.
Jeep core lighting cup holders and footwells.
Led int lighting.
Led reverse lamps.
Led puddle lighting jeep logo.
Bullitt performance remap.
and lots more
Thanks, glad you like. Looks like you're on track to do some decent things to yours too. As far as the mods you have highlighted, see below:
1. Auto mirror open and close.
I am yet to do this but as I have installed a PKE system, i'm hoping this will be easily triggered by that module. If it isn't, I will be sticking a relay in, connected to the ignition so each time the key passes the 'acc' position, it sends the pusle to the mirror, triggering movement. I will update here once I've had a chance to do this. Its too cold here to be working outside at the minute so might take a while though as my garage is not big enough to have the door fully open to work on the Jeep
2. Drl activation.
There are several ways of doing this. Either your dealer can do this through
- Starscan by changing your build code to Canada, activating it then turning it back to the correct build country. This will only give the option of hi-beams at 50%. Please be aware Starscan CANNOT deactivate though so if this is your only option, be sure you want to keep it
- Find a dealer with CDA, the position of the light can then be changed to turn signals, fog lights, dip beam plus you can also adjust the voltage going to it to make duller. This is the route I went & changed to fog position but have since disabled
- Buy a DRL module & splice the wiring. I have now wired my factory front fogs switch to aux lights hence why I needed the DRL disabled. I have also bought 1 of these (link below) to then splice in to the original factory fog bulb holder to act as DRL. This means that my original fogs are only controlled by the separate module & my aux are only controlled by the multifuction. Its great as I have pug LED bulbs in so it looks more modern but the poor light output from them doesn't matter
3. Halo side repeaters/trail rated.
I'm just waiting for all the bits needed to arrive but can update shortly. Basically, i've laser cut some 60mm acrylic disks that I will be mounting LEDs into that I will stick the bagde to. The amber led will be sunk into the disk so SHOULD shine outwards giving a glow on to the body work once illuminated. The LED's & badges should hopefully be here soon & the resistors to connect the LED's to factory wiring are already here