Just want to start off by saying hello! Ive been an active member on other jeep related Forums but im more into the offroad scene so ive mainly just been a looker here. Well my roommate works a shop that tricks out subi's, builds them up right. Ive got over 100k on my 05 wk Limited with the Hemi in it, I know she still has plenty of life but it sparked the question of what to replace it with when it blows. They say they have seen a few decently priced 6.1's over the years but has never had a reason to buy one. He said he would love to try the swap and will take care of the motor as long as I go out and find the information.
My questions are..
Well lest start with is it possible / even close to worth it?
1. Will it just drop in (room wise)
2. What wont bolt up or work under the hood from the 5.7?
3. Will my transmission bolt up? If not is there and adapter?
4. Will any linkage have to be adjusted?
5. Electronics still work (Computer ect.)
6. Any thing or advice yall can think of?
7. Any one on this forum thats done it that you could refer me 2?
And to be fair here's a pic of my WK!