Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 04-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1724
venusfan is on a distinguished road
How good are Chyrsler technicans?

had my '05 serviced before the warranty ends in june. They change, starter, shocks and climate control module because the light had completely gone out. cost me $150 deductible.

So yesterday it got hot in the 60's so I tried my a/c only to realize all I was getting was hot air. I then checked out the climate control module they replaced only to see that when u select a zone no matter which zone u select all three zones are on. The temperate selector from high A/C to heat it's actually low heat to very hot heat. Oh, and get this, when I turn the climate control off and press the a/c light it actually lights up. Nothing was wrong with my climate settings except for the light not being on but other than that everything works.

Could it be that the technican who installed this did it wrong or the part is just defective. Either way, car is going back tomorrow and I refuse to pay them anything.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Galaxie500's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2007 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 266
Thanks: 60
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 8292
Galaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How good are Chyrsler technicans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusfan View Post
had my '05 serviced before the warranty ends in june. They change, starter, shocks and climate control module because the light had completely gone out. cost me $150 deductible.

So yesterday it got hot in the 60's so I tried my a/c only to realize all I was getting was hot air. I then checked out the climate control module they replaced only to see that when u select a zone no matter which zone u select all three zones are on. The temperate selector from high A/C to heat it's actually low heat to very hot heat. Oh, and get this, when I turn the climate control off and press the a/c light it actually lights up. Nothing was wrong with my climate settings except for the light not being on but other than that everything works.

Could it be that the technican who installed this did it wrong or the part is just defective. Either way, car is going back tomorrow and I refuse to pay them anything.

Keep us posted as to what happens. I have the same problem with the temperature selecter on mine ie low heat when set to full cool for outside air and A/C is off. Why turn the A/C on when it is 65F outside?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1724
venusfan is on a distinguished road
Re: How good are Chyrsler technicans?

humidity and rain.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-25-2011, 10:52 PM
jeepnjeep's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nassau, NY
Posts: 1,381
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 3325
jeepnjeep is just really nice
Re: How good are Chyrsler technicans?

From my limited experience with the 2 closest dealers by me they suck! Parts replacers is all they are and cannot troubleshoot to save their lives. I avoid the dealer like the plague.
__________________
Hi, Im JIM
2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo
4.7 Ltr engine.
Tow pkg.
Cargo pkg.
So far K@N replacement air filter,hood scoops, 255/65/17 General Grabber AT2 tires, Magnaflow muffler and I trimmed the front valance under the bumper.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-25-2011, 11:38 PM
2005JGC's Avatar
Senior Member


My Jeep: 2005 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,751
Thanks: 51
Thanked 69 Times in 58 Posts
Rep Power: 1653003
2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How good are Chyrsler technicans?

replacing an ac control head for bulbs out is NOT rocket science, its a couple screws, couple of connectors, a couple tiny bolts.... there is likely another issue. I am not quite following your problem though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Galaxie500's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2007 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 266
Thanks: 60
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 8292
Galaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How good are Chyrsler technicans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusfan View Post
humidity and rain.
So youíre answering your own question? No humidity or rain and itís still 65F outside. What Iím talking about is it seems to start heating when you move the temperature selector knob just 2 clicks off of full cool when useing outside air and no A/C.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-26-2011, 06:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1724
venusfan is on a distinguished road
Re: How good are Chyrsler technicans?

I had the climate control module changed because at night it was not lighting up. Before I could have tapped it and one side would light up a little but for the past month the light doesn't come on at all.

I am still under the extended warranty so I had them replaced it last week and I thought it was fixed because at night when the lights come on it also lights up.

I tried using it on sunday only to find out it's not working the way it's suppose to. The left low to high settings work fine. The middle temperature setting has from high a/c to high heat but when I click the a/c button and put it to high a/c all I get is low heat. The far right selector which selects the zone "windshield,cabin,floor" does not work properly because whenever I select a zone they all come on no matter which zone I pick. When I turn off the climate control for no reason I press the a/c button and it still lights up.

Everything was working before they replaced the module so I think they screwed it up as usual. With that dealership I should have known better because it usually takes me 2-3 visits to fix a problem.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-26-2011, 11:08 AM
05WK's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North Texas
Posts: 1,304
Thanks: 23
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 14958
05WK has a reputation beyond repute05WK has a reputation beyond repute05WK has a reputation beyond repute05WK has a reputation beyond repute05WK has a reputation beyond repute05WK has a reputation beyond repute05WK has a reputation beyond repute05WK has a reputation beyond repute05WK has a reputation beyond repute05WK has a reputation beyond repute05WK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How good are Chyrsler technicans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusfan View Post
I had the climate control module changed because at night it was not lighting up. Before I could have tapped it and one side would light up a little but for the past month the light doesn't come on at all.

I am still under the extended warranty so I had them replaced it last week and I thought it was fixed because at night when the lights come on it also lights up.

I tried using it on sunday only to find out it's not working the way it's suppose to. The left low to high settings work fine. The middle temperature setting has from high a/c to high heat but when I click the a/c button and put it to high a/c all I get is low heat. The far right selector which selects the zone "windshield,cabin,floor" does not work properly because whenever I select a zone they all come on no matter which zone I pick. When I turn off the climate control for no reason I press the a/c button and it still lights up.

Everything was working before they replaced the module so I think they screwed it up as usual. With that dealership I should have known better because it usually takes me 2-3 visits to fix a problem.
As far as the A/C blwing hot, they probably didnt recharge it correctly. And I have the same problem with my A/C control not lighting up, but it works properly. The must have installed a diffective unit. Take it back, and have the replace it, as well as check the A/C coolent
__________________
05 Jeep GC WK, 3.7L, SCT programmer, K&N CAI, FASTMAN ported TB, Flowmaster Super 44 cat-back exhaust (Dumped), HD Bilstien's, 6000K HIDs, 5% Tint ALL the way around, Full Infiniti speaker system with an Alpine HU, TOBY Subwoofer(THE GREATEST), Plasti-diped Rims
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 860
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 7978
dmsfun has a reputation beyond reputedmsfun has a reputation beyond reputedmsfun has a reputation beyond reputedmsfun has a reputation beyond reputedmsfun has a reputation beyond reputedmsfun has a reputation beyond reputedmsfun has a reputation beyond reputedmsfun has a reputation beyond reputedmsfun has a reputation beyond reputedmsfun has a reputation beyond reputedmsfun has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How good are Chyrsler technicans?

Repair technicians are only as good as the individuals themselves, so you cant judge them all by how one dealership tech performs. The service techs are quite good at my local Jeep dealer, but I use them only since I have the extended warrantee, oitherwise I would go elsewhere, since the hourly rates are so costly.
__________________
2006 GC Overland QD II
5.7 Hemi, Modern Muscle 85 mm CNC ported TB, Apexi super voltage stabilizer, Billet Tech. Catch Can, Koni FSD shocks/struts, SRT8 sway bars, Cooper AT3's, Amsoil fluids, Diablosport Intune CMR tuned by Hemifever tuning.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-26-2011, 12:58 PM
2005JGC's Avatar
Senior Member


My Jeep: 2005 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,751
Thanks: 51
Thanked 69 Times in 58 Posts
Rep Power: 1653003
2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute2005JGC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How good are Chyrsler technicans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05WK View Post
As far as the A/C blwing hot, they probably didnt recharge it correctly. And I have the same problem with my A/C control not lighting up, but it works properly. The must have installed a diffective unit. Take it back, and have the replace it, as well as check the A/C coolent
If your evacuating the refrigerant to replace the control head...


sounds like maybe an hvac update?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Galaxie500's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2007 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 266
Thanks: 60
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 8292
Galaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond reputeGalaxie500 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How good are Chyrsler technicans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005JGC View Post
If your evacuating the refrigerant to replace the control head...


sounds like maybe an hvac update?
I was wondering about this? Is it possible? In my case the heat comes on to quickly, 2 clicks off of full cool and I'm starting to feel heat. I know it's not correct because the girlfriends Toy Highlander is fine using the outside air vents to cool the inside of the vehicle while it's 70F outside. I on the other hand either have to roll all the windows down or have to turn the A/C on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-29-2011, 01:15 AM
JeepCoop's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2007 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6,750
Thanks: 360
Thanked 75 Times in 72 Posts
Rep Power: 1892626
JeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCoop has a reputation beyond repute
So good they rubbed my 4xguard rail guard against their wall. Fortunately I can buff the paint off. Unfortunately for them, they get to either change all 16 of my spark plugs, or change my tranny fluid. Haha

On another note, my techs seem to know their sh!t!! Key word is "seem" haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Build Thread

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this a good deal for an srt front bumper it looks good the guy said it's 9/10 blackonblack Grand Cherokee - WK 13 04-17-2011 09:26 PM
Are these any good. venusfan Grand Cherokee - WK 9 08-11-2010 08:17 PM
is this any good? chefalan23 Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 0 03-24-2010 10:59 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community